🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GDP grows to 2.6% in second quarter of Trump

This has been the most obstructed administration in history, a great part due to the media which has been biased against trump even before the election results. The media was pushing a Trump / Russia collusion even when there was no evidence. They kept telling us how controversial Trump was on a daily basis and the Democrat leadership used this news coverage itself as evidence to give themselves moral high ground in pushing against everything Trump wants to do. Its all been a political game because they couldnt win the election. The media, Democrat establishment, and some of the old Republican establishment are doing the next best thing.
What hyperbole
Most obstructed in history?

How can that be when Trump has a Republican House, Senate and a conservative court?

Stop making excuses Snowflake

It is not credible that you are unaware of the split between Trump and the REpublican Establishment.

For you to pretend that there could not be obstruction from a republican congress and court, is nothing but another lie.

YOu are a liar. YOu have no credibility.

What has the Republican Congress denied Trump?
When has the court ruled against him?

Trump is just inept as a leader

Your questions are irrelevant to Yardogs post and mine.

And does not address the fact that you dishonestly pretended that there could not be obstruction between TRump and a republcian congress.

You are a liar.
Trump is an asshole, we all know that
But he is an empty suit that Congress knows will rubber stamp whatever they send up

Unfortunately, Trump is such a poor leader that he can't get Congress to agree on anything

That is ineptness not obstruction

Your attempt to distract from your blatant lying is noted.

As you show yourself to be more and more dishonest, you reduce the motivation of any reader to give anything you say and consideration.

If you have no respect for what crap you post, why should we?

10_straight_years-gdp_growth-chart.jpg

Obama Legacy.
Looks solid to me
No major swings one way or the other, just steady growth

Let's see Donnie do the same
Our economy is at 2.6% growth Q2.............

I'd say that is right in line with the max gdp growth under Obama according to the graph. oops.
Growth Trump described as horrible

I expected better performance than Obama

Trump has failed to deliver

We all expect better performance than Obama. Nobody should ever set the bar lower than that.
Yet Donnie Dealmaker can't deliver what a community organizer does

Thus far, Donald J Trump has done a better job as president than anyone in my lifetime; it's too early to say if that'll hold. But we've went from a guy who was creating slush funds to a guy who is cutting waste.

#MAGA

Except for not producing anything. No legislation, more lies about his lies, undermining his own efforts and making one embarrassing mess after another.

He's a froot loop, can't control himself, can't govern, can't produce anything of worth.

Biggest mistake ever.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

What hyperbole
Most obstructed in history?

How can that be when Trump has a Republican House, Senate and a conservative court?

Stop making excuses Snowflake

It is not credible that you are unaware of the split between Trump and the REpublican Establishment.

For you to pretend that there could not be obstruction from a republican congress and court, is nothing but another lie.

And does not address the fact that you dishonestly pretended that there could not be obstruction between TRump and a republcian congress.

You are a liar.
But he is an empty suit that Congress knows will rubber stamp whatever they send up

Unfortunately, Trump is such a poor leader that he can't get Congress to agree on anything

As you show yourself to be more and more dishonest, you reduce the motivation of any reader to give anything you say and consideration.

Trump does not get along with anyone
Not Congress, not his staff, not the media, not the courts, not the Intel community, not foreign leaders

That is not obstruction...that is an inept leader

10_straight_years-gdp_growth-chart.jpg

Obama Legacy.
Looks solid to me
No major swings one way or the other, just steady growth

Let's see Donnie do the same
Our economy is at 2.6% growth Q2.............

I'd say that is right in line with the max gdp growth under Obama according to the graph. oops.
Growth Trump described as horrible
And you described it as solid..................so I guess you are into

You are a liar.

Not Congress, not his staff, not the media, not the courts, not the Intel community, not foreign leaders

Much of the gop leadership was willing to lose to Hillary than win with Trump.

This is not about Trump, this is about them being assholes.

And your pretense that you were unaware of this.

That is about you being a liar.

It was were I lived. And according to the numbers, the nation as a whole.
I was in the Army so it was all the same to me...

Odd, I was in high school when Reagan was elected and recall the wave of discussion as Reagan gave big wage increases to the military personnel.

Not to mention, having vast amounts on new equipment and weapons available for if or when your lives were on the line...

I would think all of that would matter, a lot.
I served under Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton......................we did in fact get good pay raises under Reagan and his policies rebuilt the military that every President since him has had the benefit of.
I worked for DoD under Reagan
Good times, whatever you wanted to buy was approved.

Problem was they were Cold War purchases for a Cold War doctrine. Much of what we purchased was obsolete within a decade and the Armed forces wound down as the threat diminished
I was in the Navy and our ship was a rust bucket.............As was the Midway in our Battle Group..........as was the Cochran which was another rust bucket.............

Reagan pushed a larger Navy and these ships were replaced via the Reagan policies.......and rightfully so............

You were in the DOD as a CIVILIAN..............yes or no...................so perhaps you didn't serve in places like the Kuwati Mine Fields in a ship whose Degausing system didn't even work.
Why the hell would I want to go there? I just went where I was told, like everybody else...

I expected better performance than Obama

Trump has failed to deliver

We all expect better performance than Obama. Nobody should ever set the bar lower than that.
Yet Donnie Dealmaker can't deliver what a community organizer does

Thus far, Donald J Trump has done a better job as president than anyone in my lifetime; it's too early to say if that'll hold. But we've went from a guy who was creating slush funds to a guy who is cutting waste.

#MAGA

Except for not producing anything. No legislation, more lies about his lies, undermining his own efforts and making one embarrassing mess after another.

He's a froot loop, can't control himself, can't govern, can't produce anything of worth.

Biggest mistake ever.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yea, I heard about all that in the fake news, too.

Odd, I was in high school when Reagan was elected and recall the wave of discussion as Reagan gave big wage increases to the military personnel.

Not to mention, having vast amounts on new equipment and weapons available for if or when your lives were on the line...

I served under Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton......................we did in fact get good pay raises under Reagan and his policies rebuilt the military that every President since him has had the benefit of.

Problem was they were Cold War purchases for a Cold War doctrine. Much of what we purchased was obsolete within a decade and the Armed forces wound down as the threat diminished
I was in the Navy and our ship was a rust bucket.............As was the Midway in our Battle Group..........as was the Cochran which was another rust bucket.............

Reagan pushed a larger Navy and these ships were replaced via the Reagan policies.......and rightfully so............

You were in the DOD as a CIVILIAN..............yes or no...................so perhaps you didn't serve in places like the Kuwati Mine Fields in a ship whose Degausing system didn't even work.
Why the hell would I want to go there? I just went where I was told, like everybody else...
Are you under the impression that I was not in the same boat.

LOL

Are you under the impression that I was not in the same boat.

LOL
Not really....I was ask to go camping with the boys in Kuwait but was still a single parent.....

It was were I lived. And according to the numbers, the nation as a whole.

They made purchases during the COld War for the COld War, that only a few visionaries expected to end any time soon.

It was not a problem that the Cold War ended, it was a freaking miracle!

And of course the us military wound down as the threat diminished. Why is that a problem?
Point being, that most of the equipment we bought under Reagan did not end up being used. Doctrine changed from heavy armor and checkmate strategy to lighter, more mobile troops

You are a liar.

Much of the gop leadership was willing to lose to Hillary than win with Trump.

This is not about Trump, this is about them being assholes.

And your pretense that you were unaware of this.

That is about you being a liar.
Leadership involves building coalitions and building trust

Something Trump is incapable of

They made purchases during the COld War for the COld War, that only a few visionaries expected to end any time soon.

And of course the us military wound down as the threat diminished. Why is that a problem?
Point being, that most of the equipment we bought under Reagan did not end up being used. Doctrine changed from heavy armor and checkmate strategy to lighter, more mobile troops
Ship Building 1981-89 - Reagan, Ronald

In addition to strengthening the nation's strategic retaliatory arm with advanced B-1B bombers, deploying Pershing II theater missiles to Europe, and producing sophisticated Abrams main battle tanks and Bradley armored fighting vehicles, his administration dramatically increased the size and capability of the U.S. Navy. In 1981 USS Ohio (SSBN-726), the largest submarine ever built and the first of her class, was commissioned. The ship carried 24 Trident I nuclear missiles, each one capable of hitting targets 4,000 miles distant.

Stepped up was construction of the 90,000-ton, nuclear-powered Nimitz-class carriers, Los Angeles-class nuclear attack submarines, and the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers equipped with the revolutionary Aegis antiair warfare system. Also joining the fleet during the 1980s were Tomahawk land attack, Harpoon antiship, and high-speed, anti-radiation (HARM) missiles; improved versions of the F-14 Tomcat fighter, A-6 Intruder attack, and EA-6B Prowler electronic countermeasures aircraft; and the new F/A-18 Hornet strike fighter. The venerable battleships USS Iowa (BB-61), USS New Jersey (BB-62), USS Missouri (BB-63), and USS Wisconsin (BB-64) once again put to sea with their awesome 16-inch guns and new Tomahawk surface-to-surface missile batteries.

With these advanced instruments of sea power, naval leaders concluded that if it came to war with the USSR, the Navy should follow a new strategy-a Maritime Strategy. Admiral Thomas B. Hayward and his successor as Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral James D. Watkins, argued that the Navy should exploit its inherent flexibility and mobility by hitting the enemy when and where he was most vulnerable. Rather than passively trying to guard America's sea lines of communication to Europe, the fleet should mount offensive operations in northern Europe and the Far East and force the Soviet Union to fight a disadvantageous two-front war.

You obviously were never in the DOD are you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

Did you believe him when he promised 4% growth

Is there anything he does not lie about?

I asked you a serious question. It is a serious answer to your question, if you would just answer it.

DId you take him seriously when he called 2.6 % a disaster?
Absolutely

Why would he lie to the American people?

You just lied.

It is not credible that you did not note that he is regular user of hyperbole.

That you felt a need to lie, shows that you know that you are in the wrong. Yet you actively choose to be wrong, and to argue for positions that you do not believe in.

Trump's comments on 2.6% and 4% was a hyperbolic statement of intent to be more aggressive in economic policy, aiming for higher rates of growth.

This is the standard to hold him to, if he makes a good faith effort to do that, and what results he gets.

DO you think that judging him on those standards will work for you?

Because you are acting like you don't believe that.
Typical brain-dead trumptard sycophancy. :suck:

If Trump does what he said he would do, he's keeping his campaign promises.

If he doesn't do what he said he would do, he didn't really mean it anyway.

No wonder rightwing cultist boobs love him -- to them, he can do no wrong.

What a load of Horse Hockey...............As long as he's trying to fulfill his promises I have no problem with it, and HE IS DOING SO..............

So when the Legislative Branch doesn't go along.........IT'S HE REALLY DIDN'T MEAN IT. Did you fall on your head at birth...........................

Presidents can only sign what is on their desk..........They can try to sell legislation.........they can put forward budgets.......but they can't make Congress and the Senate put it on their desk......................

The Constitution made it hard to pass laws for a reason...........so no one group could under a temporary majority pass everything of their hearts desires..............the blocking of Obama being a key example..........and now those refusing to agree within the GOP itself.........In this way our elected leaders are SUPPOSED TO NEGOTIATE A BETTER LAW as INTENDED under the framework of the Constitution...........

That negotiation has DIED.................We NOW HAVE 2 OPPOSING PARTIES AT WAR with each other...........and we have LAWS going forward that HAVE NO INPUT from the other side.............ENSURING that a future administration of a Temporary Majority will attack what is passed now..................

Those in office refusing to serve the people and putting forward compromise in a give an take process should be TARRED AND FEATHERED and RUN THE FUCK OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.............And take their DAMNED ILLEGAL NON PROFIT FOUNDATIONS WITH THEM.
What pathetic excuses. Leaders lead. When Obama wanted he stimulus package passed, he pushed it through Congress. Trump's party controls both chambers in Congress and the most significant legislation they can pass was to compete for a world expo.

Where are his major campaign promises? Where's the 4% GDP growth? Why does ISIS still exist after he's been in office for more than 30 days? Why is Hillary not in jail? Where's his wall that Mexico is going to pay for? Why is ObamaCare not been replaced? Where's his 35% tariff?

In addition to strengthening the nation's strategic retaliatory arm with advanced B-1B bombers, deploying Pershing II theater missiles to Europe, and producing sophisticated Abrams main battle tanks and Bradley armored fighting vehicles, his administration dramatically increased the size and capability of the U.S. Navy. In 1981 USS Ohio (SSBN-726), the largest submarine ever built and the first of her class, was commissioned. The ship carried 24 Trident I nuclear missiles, each one capable of hitting targets 4,000 miles distant.

Stepped up was construction of the 90,000-ton, nuclear-powered Nimitz-class carriers, Los Angeles-class nuclear attack submarines, and the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers equipped with the revolutionary Aegis antiair warfare system. Also joining the fleet during the 1980s were Tomahawk land attack, Harpoon antiship, and high-speed, anti-radiation (HARM) missiles; improved versions of the F-14 Tomcat fighter, A-6 Intruder attack, and EA-6B Prowler electronic countermeasures aircraft; and the new F/A-18 Hornet strike fighter. The venerable battleships USS Iowa (BB-61), USS New Jersey (BB-62), USS Missouri (BB-63), and USS Wisconsin (BB-64) once again put to sea with their awesome 16-inch guns and new Tomahawk surface-to-surface missile batteries.

With these advanced instruments of sea power, naval leaders concluded that if it came to war with the USSR, the Navy should follow a new strategy-a Maritime Strategy. Admiral Thomas B. Hayward and his successor as Chief of Naval Operations, Admiral James D. Watkins, argued that the Navy should exploit its inherent flexibility and mobility by hitting the enemy when and where he was most vulnerable. Rather than passively trying to guard America's sea lines of communication to Europe, the fleet should mount offensive operations in northern Europe and the Far East and force the Soviet Union to fight a disadvantageous two-front war.

You obviously were never in the DOD are you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.

Good post

I remember recommissioning those battleships when I worked for the Navy in the early 80s. Quite an investment and we did not keep them long...less than ten years

But it was Reagan.......he green lighted anything and loved those big guns

Did you believe him when he promised 4% growth

Is there anything he does not lie about?

I asked you a serious question. It is a serious answer to your question, if you would just answer it.

DId you take him seriously when he called 2.6 % a disaster?
Absolutely

Why would he lie to the American people?

You just lied.

That you felt a need to lie, shows that you know that you are in the wrong. Yet you actively choose to be wrong, and to argue for positions that you do not believe in.

Trump's comments on 2.6% and 4% was a hyperbolic statement of intent to be more aggressive in economic policy, aiming for higher rates of growth.

This is the standard to hold him to, if he makes a good faith effort to do that, and what results he gets.

DO you think that judging him on those standards will work for you?

Because you are acting like you don't believe that.
Typical brain-dead trumptard sycophancy. :suck:

If he doesn't do what he said he would do, he didn't really mean it anyway.

No wonder rightwing cultist boobs love him -- to them, he can do no wrong.

You are exactly how I portrayed you.

If he doesn't do what he said he would do, it was just hyperbole.

You're a hypnotized cult member.

After a lackluster 1.2% in the first quarter of 2017. GDP returned to Obama-like numbers of 2.6% in the second quarter

Still, far below the 4% growth that Trump promised

U.S. economy accelerated during first full Trump quarter

x
Barry's average annual growth rate was a stunning 1.48% and had not even one year of 3% GDP growth, which I think is a presidential record. He thought the robust surge in the sale of Mom jeans was gonna put him over the top but that boom fizzled.
We've had only two years where GDP was above 3% since 2000; and that was due to the housing boom which the right attributes to the left.

Last edited:
What happened to the USS Midway...........BTW

The old rust bucket that those serving on said was so bad that you could go from engine room to engine room without going up and back down...........

Lion's Tigers and Bears..........

damn....I know some of these guys..........no wonder they were freaking nuts.

Good post

I remember recommissioning those battleships when I worked for the Navy in the early 80s. Quite an investment and we did not keep them long...less than ten years

But it was Reagan.......he green lighted anything and loved those big guns

And the DDG's, Aircraft Carriers, amphibs, that were built or designated to be built are still in service today......Much more capable ships than the GATOR NAVY of our time then...............correct.

The Guam and others of those ships were turned into reefs and replaced by the advanced amphibs we have today............LIKE THIS ONE...........

I served on it............

poor video quality.....same as the one I still have on VHS tape

Forum List

Back