George Clooney admits money he raised for Hillary Clinton is 'obscene'

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Another Hollywood hypocrite.

Speaking to NBC’s Meet the Press, the actor was asked by host Chuck Todd whether the sums involved in his events, such as $353,400 a couple to be a “co-chair”, were, as critics and protesters have said, obscene.

“Yes,” he said. “I think it’s an obscene amount of money. I think – you know that we had some protesters last night when we pulled up in San Francisco and they’re right to protest, they’re absolutely right, it is an obscene amount of money.

And yet he held the fund raiser anyway for this election's most bought and paid for Wall Street candidate.

most bought wall street candidate out of whom? the Republican candidates have received 600% MORE from Wall Street than the Dem candidates from what I have read...???

From Clooney
He said that most of the money he had helped raise for Clinton would actually go to down-ticket Democrats running for Congress. If a Democratic president could get the right justice appointed to the supreme court, he argued, then the US could again begin to separate money from politics.

“We need to take the Senate back because we need to confirm a supreme court justice, because that fifth vote on the supreme court can overturn Citizens United and get this obscene, ridiculous amount of money out so I never have to do a fundraiser again.”

Speaking to NBC’s Meet the Press, the actor was asked by host Chuck Todd whether the sums involved in his events, such as $353,400 a couple to be a “co-chair”, were, as critics and protesters have said, obscene.

“Yes,” he said. “I think it’s an obscene amount of money. I think – you know that we had some protesters last night when we pulled up in San Francisco and they’re right to protest, they’re absolutely right, it is an obscene amount of money.

And yet he held the fund raiser anyway for this election's most bought and paid for Wall Street candidate.

George Clooneys' movies......One being Syriana ; that is about as left as left can get.

George Clooney, Steven Seagal, and Sean Penn ; with all of their movies.....and roles ; that are overly conservative and left. Using movies to make a large political statement, and to sway voters to the Democratic agenda.......and/or start complete anarchy.

George thinks his crap don't stink. If he could get a manicure, perm his hair, he would model for the world in a two piece bikini.....he believes he looks so good.

Shadow 355

most bought wall street candidate out of whom? the Republican candidates have received 600% MORE from Wall Street than the Dem candidates from what I have read...???

From Clooney
He said that most of the money he had helped raise for Clinton would actually go to down-ticket Democrats running for Congress. If a Democratic president could get the right justice appointed to the supreme court, he argued, then the US could again begin to separate money from politics.

“We need to take the Senate back because we need to confirm a supreme court justice, because that fifth vote on the supreme court can overturn Citizens United and get this obscene, ridiculous amount of money out so I never have to do a fundraiser again.”
Link?

From Clooney

Link?

Wall Street to candidates: Where's our return on investment?
Of the 2015 campaign cash, $84.7 million of Wall Street's money went to Republicans and $17.6 million to Democrats. That compares with $26.4 million to Republicans and just $2.6 million to Democrats in 2011.

From Clooney

Link?

Of the 2015 campaign cash, $84.7 million of Wall Street's money went to Republicans and $17.6 million to Democrats. That compares with $26.4 million to Republicans and just $2.6 million to Democrats in 2011.
That is no where near 600%. So you admit you lied.

From Clooney

Link?

CORRECTION
ok, it's close to 500% more to republicans

oh yes...are we are talking here about that traitor Clooney...married to that muslim Amal Alamuddin, right?

what a piece of crap he is....:puke:

but yes

money raised for the inmate Hillary is obscene..i agree

oh yes...are we are talking here about that traitor Clooney...married to that muslim Amal Alamuddin, right?

but yes

This is interesting the two lowest were....
"What's worse from Wall Street's perspective is that the candidates it least supports have been dominant on the campaign trail, and scored dramatic wins in the New Hampshire primary this week. Democrat Bernie Sanders received just $55,226 from the securities and investment industry, while billionaire Donald Trump, who is largely self-financing his campaign, has received just $11,900."

And the three highest were...

"For this cycle, the center tracked Wall Street donations to 22 candidates in both parties. The top overall Wall Street money recipient for 2015 was former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who raised $34.6 million. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was second, with $17.3 million. Next was Sen. Ted Cruz, with $12.2 million."

but yes

"What's worse from Wall Street's perspective is that the candidates it least supports have been dominant on the campaign trail, and scored dramatic wins in the New Hampshire primary this week. Democrat Bernie Sanders received just $55,226 from the securities and investment industry, while billionaire Donald Trump, who is largely self-financing his campaign, has received just $11,900."

"For this cycle, the center tracked Wall Street donations to 22 candidates in both parties. The top overall Wall Street money recipient for 2015 was former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who raised $34.6 million. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was second, with $17.3 million. Next was Sen. Ted Cruz, with $12.2 million."

Yes

Clooney is a piece of shit

Shame on him

what scum!

What's obscene is these GOP laws that allow such amounts, and even without origin.

but yes

Yes

Clooney is a piece of shit

Shame on him

what scum!
WTF is wrong with you? lol.

Posting his quote completely out of context and then feigning righteous indignation. Priceless!
4i6Ckte.gif

From Clooney

Link?

When are you going to admit that you're a worthless piece of shit?

Like Jane Fonda...this piece of garbage George Clooney...crossed to the other Islamic side

Shame on him......Fuck him ....forget he was ever an actor in American movies.!!!! SHAME

but yes

from Banks and investment firms on Wall Street

Republican Marco Rubio's presidential run has drawn more money from Wall Street donors than any other candidate, according to a Reuters review of campaign finance disclosures, shoring up his position as his party's establishment alternative to front-runner Donald Trump.
Republican Marco Rubio winning Wall Street fundraising race
pdfnews.asp

but yes

from Banks and investment firms on Wall Street

Republican Marco Rubio's presidential run has drawn more money from Wall Street donors than any other candidate, according to a Reuters review of campaign finance disclosures, shoring up his position as his party's establishment alternative to front-runner Donald Trump.

pdfnews.asp
According to your chart Trump did not even make the top ten.But your girl Hillary did. Do you really think she will bite the tit that feeds here?

That is not exactly what he said. He claimed the money was going to candidates on the under cards and not Clinton. The Kochs and Citizens United have no limits on what they can and are spending. Those are the rules. I have no problem with the Kochs playing by the rules so why should anyone believe that Clooney should have any less access to money?

If you think the dems are coming up with too much money ..the solution is simple. Dig deep into your own pockets..or your checking account or cash in your retirement fund and throw down some Ka ching!! Nobody is stopping you and whining about what others are donating is just weak.

The GOP made it all about the money so get busy and pay up or shut up.

RABID Hollywood leftist with a Muslim wife, George Clooney, says the U.S. needs to take in thousands more Muslim invaders.....what scum

During an awards show in Germany the uber liberal Hollywood actor George Clooney decided to weigh in on the migrant crisis plaguing Europe by saying the United States needs to be more like Angela Merkel, whom he calls a “beacon” and take in millions of Muslim freeloaders, rapists and terrorists.

SCUM SCUM

He should not be allowed to work in Hollywood anymore!!!!!

piece of crap Clooney :puke::puke::puke:

Forum List

Back