George Floyd's brother Philonise: "I just want to reiterate: not just black lives matter, all lives matter."

^^^^ There lies the difference.

I watched them. Not sure how it counters what I said.

The second video is of people complaining that "all lives matter" is used to counter "black lives matter", which is exactly what I said. "All lives matter" is not used to counter "blue lives matter", which is also what I said.

Look, let's try an example. Suppose that something terrible happens to a black person and BLM is protesting. They chant "black lives matter" and the counter-protests chant "ALL lives matter". Simple.

Now let's look at the other side. Suppose that something terrible happens to a police officer and people protest. They chant "blue lives matter". Counter-protests chant "ALL lives matter". Simple, right? Whoops, this doesn't happen though.

The counter-argument that we ALL matter only comes against chants of "BLACK lives matter". It's inconsistent.

You guys are arguing that one is excluding but the other isn't. Why is it that one is excluding while the other isn't? If "black lives matter" excludes all non-black people, then "blue lives matter" excludes all non-police officers.

Last edited:
^^^^ There lies the difference.

I watched them. Not sure how it counters what I said.

The second video is of people complaining that "all lives matter" is used to counter "black lives matter", which is exactly what I said. "All lives matter" is not used to counter "blue lives matter", which is also what I said.

Look, let's try an example. Suppose that something terrible happens to a black person and BLM is protesting. They chant "black lives matter" and the counter-protests chant "ALL lives matter". Simple.

Now let's look at the other side. Suppose that something terrible happens to a police officer and people protest. They chant "blue lives matter". Counter-protests chant "ALL lives matter". Simple, right? Whoops, this doesn't happen though.
That's because the pro cop group will agree that all lives matter. They would probably enjoy the back and forth Blue Lives Matter - All Lives Matter. They, myself do not think of All Lives Matter as being a counter to Blue Live Matter. Many people, especially white people don't see it as a counter to Black Lives Matter. It is deductive logic, Black Lives Matter because All Lives Matter. It is really simple, don't get upset if someone says All Lives Matter. Simply agree, unless you don't agree, and continue with your cause.

That's because the pro cop group will agree that all lives matter. They would probably enjoy the back and forth Blue Lives Matter - All Lives Matter.

That back and forth doesn't happen. The people complaining about being excluded when it's "Black..." don't feel excluded when it's "Blue...".

How is one excluding while the other isn't?

Who's complaining about being excluded?
I might complain about being excluded if told not to say "All lives Matter" and the Black Lives Matter people do that.

The "Blue Lives Matter" do not say don't say "All Lives Matter" thus there is no exclusion. The possible issue is put to bed. If cops made it an issue not to say "All Lives Matter" like the Black Lives Matter supporters do, then perhaps it would become an issue too, but they don't. Saying that "All Lives Matter" has become an issue with Black LM only because THEY HAVE MADE AN ISSUE OF IT.

I might complain about being excluded if told not to say "All lives Matter" and the Black Lives Matter people do that.

The "Blue Lives Matter" do not say don't say "All Lives Matter" thus there is no exclusion. The possible issue is put to bed. If cops made it an issue not to say "All Lives Matter" like the Black Lives Matter supporters do, then perhaps it would become an issue too, but they don't. Saying that "All Lives Matter" has become an issue with Black LM only because THEY HAVE MADE AN ISSUE OF IT.

You can say what you want as far as I’m concerned.

To answer your question regarding who is complaining about being excluded, post 14.

That's because the pro cop group will agree that all lives matter. They would probably enjoy the back and forth Blue Lives Matter - All Lives Matter.

That back and forth doesn't happen. The people complaining about being excluded when it's "Black..." don't feel excluded when it's "Blue...".

How is one excluding while the other isn't?
One group puts their life on the line every day to help us?

You can say what you want is far as I’m concerned.

To answer your question regarding who is complaining about being excluded, post 14.
Ok

Forum List

Back