George Floyd's brother Philonise: "I just want to reiterate: not just black lives matter, all lives matter."

Because black lives is about race. Blue isn't, it's a job description. You are comparing apples and oranges.

How does the distinction between race and occupation make them different in terms of excluding?

Consider the following statements:

“Indian lives matter”
“Doctor lives matter”

I am neither Indian nor a doctor.

Are you telling me that “Indian lives matter” would be excluding of non-Indians?

Are you telling me that “Doctor lives matter” would NOT be excluding of non-doctors?

How exactly does the transition from race to gender change the exclusion aspect of these phrases? They look nearly identical to me, structurally.

Last edited:

Sorry, that was rude of me.

I re-read your comments and, I’m sorry, but I still don’t see a relevant answer to my question. I would like an answer to it, which is why I’m asking.

That’s my honest assessment. Whether due to your fault or mine, I don’t see a good answer.

Agree to disagree?

I disagree with the premise of your meme. "Black Lives Matter" doesn't bother me because it does not say "All Lives Matter" It's a simple statement of fact for those who believe "All Lives Matter" that "Black Lives Matter" So if someone asks me if I agree that "Black Lives Matter" I might say "Of course Black Lives Matter because All Lives Matter"

So it bothers many people that say "Black Lives Matter" when I respond "All Lives Matter" It doesn't bother me that "Black Lives Matter." In my world, believing and voicing that "All Lives Matter" supports the opinion that "Black Lives Matter".
It does bother me; however, that Black Lives Matter supporters get upset over people saying "All Lives Matter". Don't get upset, take the logical win and go on promoting your cause. You don't have to change the slogan "Black Lives Matter" because I like to point out that "All Lives Matter"

Blue Live Matters supporters are on the same page with me if I respond "All Lives Matter". Thus they don't perceive it to be a counter to their cause like many Black Lives Matter supporters do.

I disagree with the premise of your meme. "Black Lives Matter" doesn't bother me because it does not say "All Lives Matter" It's a simple statement of fact for those who believe "All Lives Matter" that "Black Lives Matter" So if someone asks me if I agree that "Black Lives Matter" I might say "Of course Black Lives Matter because All Lives Matter"

It's not directed at you. It's directed at people, conservatives primarily, who have an issue with "black lives matter" but not with "blue lives matter".

So it bothers many people that say "Black Lives Matter" when I respond "All Lives Matter" It doesn't bother me that "Black Lives Matter." In my world, believing and voicing that "All Lives Matter" supports the opinion that "Black Lives Matter".

Do you respond with "All Lives Matter" when someone says that "blue lives matter"?

It does bother me; however, that Black Lives Matter supporters get upset over people saying "All Lives Matter". Don't get upset, take the logical win and go on promoting your cause. You don't have to change the slogan "Black Lives Matter" because I like to point out that "All Lives Matter"

Of course they get upset by it because "all lives matter" is a response specifically created to counter "black lives matter". The same "all lives matter", however, is not used when someone says that "blue lives matter".

Blue Live Matters supporters are on the same page with me if I respond "All Lives Matter". Thus they don't perceive it to be a counter to their cause like many Black Lives Matter supporters do.

I've never seen "All lives matter" used in response to "blue lives matter". If you're claiming that you say that to them, then just know that I'm highly skeptical of that.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Nobody said that was racist, but racists have used that slogan to try co opting the message of black lives matter just as you are now. So when whites can tell us when white lives have matter less than anyone elses, let me know.

I don't think the guys is a millionaire and being a millionaire doesn't mean you are a conservative.

Not it doesn't , but racists want to put their attributes to things blacks do that is in response to racism. Black lives matter does not mean that only black lives matter.

"blue lives matter" excludes all people who aren't police.
Nonsense. So Blue lives matter excludes Eskimos? Insurance salesmen? Baseball Players? You are talking out of your ass. :auiqs.jpg:
I'm using your reasoning. You have yet to explain the difference.

If "black lives matter" excludes all people who aren't black, then "blue lives matter" excludes all people who aren't police.

It's not complicated and yet you're still stumbling over yourself without addressing this obvious lapse in your reasoning.
Once again anyone with in reason can be a cop how does a white person become black?

Not it doesn't , but racists want to put their attributes to things blacks do that is in response to racism. Black lives matter does not mean that only black lives matter.
Bullshit, that's why Negros pee in their pants when we say all lives matter

Black lives matter does not mean that only black lives matter.
Black Lives Matter is a divisive slogan designed to divide and enrage. Obama is gushing with pride at the BLM scourge he has released on this country.
No it isn't. Unless you're a racist living in a delusion of racial unity based on white supremacy.

Forum List

Back