George H. W. Bush is a criminal!

Ummmm... let's see...

Cost of a condom? $1 ?

Cost of an abortion? $300 ?

Somehow, I don't think so, Joe.

Try again.

Guy, if contraception where left up to the men, we'd have a much higher pregnancy rate.

Reality check- women are the ones who have to contend with contraception, because they are the ones who get pregnant.

It's why all the people who talk smack about abstinance and anti-abortion and that sort of shit are always men.
Talk of abstinence is asinine...

But, tell us, why are the numbers so skewed in NYC's black community?

You say it is because there is insufficient availability of female-centric preventive measures.

I wonder whether that's actually true.

Within the sampling domain of those Black Folk within that community...

Where are your stats, demonstrating that female-centric preventive measures are less available within that community, versus others?

For those incapable of supporting themselves, are not female-centric contraceptives readily available free of charge or at greatly discounted rates?

That's a sincere question... I don't know the answer relative to NYC... but I perceive that that is the case in a number of other inner-city environments, across the country, prompting me to wonder that this must be the case in that heavy Blue State and Blue City.

Ummmm... let's see...

Cost of a condom? $1 ?

Try again.

Guy, if contraception where left up to the men, we'd have a much higher pregnancy rate.

Reality check- women are the ones who have to contend with contraception, because they are the ones who get pregnant.

It's why all the people who talk smack about abstinance and anti-abortion and that sort of shit are always men.
there is all kinds of birth control available to black woman other than abortion you are just making shit up

Birth Control
Many different birth control methods are safe for most teenagers and women. Visit a clinic to learn about the methods and choose one that’s best for you. There are many clinics that offer free and confidential sexual health services, including hormonal contraception and emergency contraception (morning-after pill/Plan B). If you are under 18 years of age, you have the right to consent to certain reproductive health services without your parents' permission or knowledge. Learn more about the rights of minors.

Birth control methods include:
NYC Pregnancy and Baby Care Information - Prepare for Pregnancy - Birth Control

Ummmm... let's see...

Cost of a condom? $1 ?

Try again.

there is all kinds of birth control available to black woman other than abortion you are just making shit up
He does that a lot.

Killing the baby is not a problem for his kind. He sees nothing wrong with women aborting their children as a form of birth control. I mean you can't expect BLACK WOMEN to know anything...right Joey?

Somehow in his world black women can't get birth control and they certainly can't tell their male partners to use a $1 condom. So off to Planned Parenthood for a government subsidized abortion...I guess they know how to get abortions but not birth control.

The NIH says otherwise.

Disparities in Family Planning

With increasing levels of education, women are also more likely to use oral contraceptives, and less likely to rely on female sterilization.24, 35, 36 While the overall effect of these differences in contraceptive methods on the risk of unintended pregnancies by race/ethnicity and SES is difficult to determine, the higher rate of use of lower effectiveness barrier methods by Black and Hispanic women may shifts the overall effect of method choice to increased risk among minority women, while the effect by SES is less clear.

Additional studies have identified that, even when using the same method of contraception, minority and poor women experience higher rates of method failure and discontinuation.3740 For example, analyses of the National Survey of Family Growth have found that 14% of those earning less than 100% of the FPL experience a pregnancy in the first year of oral contraceptive use, compared to 5% of those earning more than 250% of the FPL.37 Similar findings were noted by race/ethnicity and across different contraceptive methods.

The NIH says otherwise.

Disparities in Family Planning

With increasing levels of education, women are also more likely to use oral contraceptives, and less likely to rely on female sterilization.24, 35, 36 While the overall effect of these differences in contraceptive methods on the risk of unintended pregnancies by race/ethnicity and SES is difficult to determine, the higher rate of use of lower effectiveness barrier methods by Black and Hispanic women may shifts the overall effect of method choice to increased risk among minority women, while the effect by SES is less clear.

Additional studies have identified that, even when using the same method of contraception, minority and poor women experience higher rates of method failure and discontinuation.3740 For example, analyses of the National Survey of Family Growth have found that 14% of those earning less than 100% of the FPL experience a pregnancy in the first year of oral contraceptive use, compared to 5% of those earning more than 250% of the FPL.37 Similar findings were noted by race/ethnicity and across different contraceptive methods.
it does not say otherwise

Forum List

Back