🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

George W Bush talks Trump-era policy: media 'indispensable to democracy'

Says the lying SOB that pretends the media wasn't trying to sway the election in Hillary's favor through misinformation and deception.
did you get that from jewwatch.com or breitbart?
No, I got it from watching them lie to the public on live television. Got any more adolescent quips?
Why should others rely on your speculations and opinions? Why shouldn't individuals decide on their own who they wish to get their news from? Why is it the job of a government official being criticized or exposed for lying to attack constitutional right to the free press?
Thank you for the softball. Individuals HAVE decided, and here are the results.
Americans' Trust in Mass Media Sinks to New Low
If it was a softball question, why didn't you answer it? Your response seems to be that everyone should fall in line with whatever poll you happen to like. So, again, you are attacking the messenger and deflecting away from the message.
Unlike you, I'm posting links to back up what I say. Why don't you post your own links if you think Gallup isn't credible?

No, I got it from watching them lie to the public on live television. Got any more adolescent quips?
Why should others rely on your speculations and opinions? Why shouldn't individuals decide on their own who they wish to get their news from? Why is it the job of a government official being criticized or exposed for lying to attack constitutional right to the free press?
republican retards who have been brainwashed by right wing propaganda to deny any sources that tells them the sky is blue and 1 +1 =2 is at an all time high

good for you
What about the 68% of Democrats, are you calling them brainwashed retards too?
There will always be brainwashed and easily manipulated people from all spectrums of political and ideological communities. The way to combat that, if that is what one wishes to do, is by attacking the messages with informed and educated responses, not by demonizing and countering with opposing propaganda and misinformation, or, government regulation and government influence. The President is part of the government.
So, are 68% of Democrats who don't trust the media retards too, or just the Republicans? You're avoiding my question.

did you get that from jewwatch.com or breitbart?
If it was a softball question, why didn't you answer it? Your response seems to be that everyone should fall in line with whatever poll you happen to like. So, again, you are attacking the messenger and deflecting away from the message.
Unlike you, I'm posting links to back up what I say. Why don't you post your own links if you think Gallup isn't credible?
It does not matter what I or anyone else believes or does not believe about a poll in regards to the topic of the thread, which you are deflecting from because you are unable to attack the message and are reliant on attacking the messenger. I commented on my first post in this thread that that is what trump defenders do, and that is exactly what you are doing.

It does not matter what I or anyone else believes or does not believe about a poll in regards to the topic of the thread, which you are deflecting from because you are unable to attack the message and are reliant on attacking the messenger. I commented on my first post in this thread that that is what trump defenders do, and that is exactly what you are doing.
Seems like you're the one attacking the message, which is that the majority of Americans don't trust the media. If you don't want to address that point, why did you challenge me about it?

Bush breaks his silence.

Former Republican US president George W Bush diverged sharply from Trump’s new administration on Monday, saying he supported a welcoming immigration policy and praising the media as “indispensable to democracy”.

<more>
This is what the thread is supposed to be about. As predicted, the trump defenders will deflect away from the topic of the thread and simply do the deflect and demonize routine.

Seems like you're the one attacking the message, which is that the majority of Americans don't trust the media. If you don't want to address that point, why did you challenge me about it?
If that is what you want to discuss you should start a thread about the topic. I have been critical of your standard routine of deflecting away from topics you can not defend or counter without simply changing the subject.

Bush breaks his silence.

Former Republican US president George W Bush diverged sharply from Trump’s new administration on Monday, saying he supported a welcoming immigration policy and praising the media as “indispensable to democracy”.

<more>
This is what the thread is supposed to be about. As predicted, the trump defenders will deflect away from the topic of the thread and simply do the deflect and demonize routine.
Maybe you should go back and read the thread from the beginning. I addressed the OP. This is what you posted.
Watch how the trump defenders will deflect from the message by attacking the messenger. It is the standard and routine response to any criticism of trump.
The message was a lie, and no one has been able to show me a quote from W, where he was "speaking out against Trump" as the OP was claiming. You're damn right I'm gonna attack the message when the message is a lie. That's why you keep avoiding addressing the OP.

Bush breaks his silence.

<more>
Maybe you should go back and read the thread from the beginning. I addressed the OP. This is what you posted.
Watch how the trump defenders will deflect from the message by attacking the messenger. It is the standard and routine response to any criticism of trump.
The message was a lie, and no one has been able to show me a quote from W, where he was "speaking out against Trump" as the OP was claiming. You're damn right I'm gonna attack the message when the message is a lie. That's why you keep avoiding addressing the OP.
Well, at least you are admitting to what you are doing. What and who do you think the former President was politely and diplomatically talking about? With the news every day about trump and his spokespeople attacking the media every day, there is a question in your mind?

Media that practices honesty and integrity is indispensable but we really don't have that anymore

Bush breaks his silence.

<more>
Well, at least you are admitting to what you are doing. What and who do you think the former President was politely and diplomatically talking about?
What I did was point out that there's a difference between reporting the news and engaging in propaganda. I agree with what W said, except today's media isn't news, it's propaganda. Then I challenged the OP (and you) for his misleading statement that W was "speaking out" against Trump. You can't post a quote that backs up that assertion. The OP's comment is a lie and you know it, that's why you won't address the comment.

Media that practices honesty and integrity is indispensable but we really don't have that anymore
You don't trust W, even when see him say it?

Why would I you somehow have the illusion that I was a fan of his?

and I implied that I agree that an honest media with integrity is indispensable but then I stated the truth that we no longer have such a media

And we have a President that lies constantly. No, his 306 electoral votes were not the most any candidate received since Reagan. In fact, both Clinton and Obama received more both times they ran.

And his crowd at the inauguration was not bigger than President Obama's.

The orange clown lies even about things that do not really matter. And then says he had no contacts with the Russians during his campaign. Why should we trust him on that? The media is far more honest than the orange clown.

And we have a President that lies constantly. No, his 306 electoral votes were not the most any candidate received since Reagan. In fact, both Clinton and Obama received more both times they ran.

And his crowd at the inauguration was not bigger than President Obama's.

The orange clown lies even about things that do not really matter. And then says he had no contacts with the Russians during his campaign. Why should we trust him on that? The media is far more honest than the orange clown.
Every single president that ever held the office was a liar
and you seem to be under the impression that I support Trump

and I implied that I agree that an honest media with integrity is indispensable but then I stated the truth that we no longer have such a media
Since the media includes all the forms of communication, and there is every opinion out there on any subject, just what the hell do you mean that we no longer have an honest media? Do you mean Breibart, the National Enquirer, and the Weekly World are not honest? That CNN and Fox are not honest? That the many blogs and youtubes are not honest?

That is just a sleazy way of saying that you want to control all the media to prevent anything from being published that disagrees with your little alternative universe. Sorry, old boy, you assholes don't get to do that in this nation.

Since the media includes all the forms of communication, and there is every opinion out there on any subject, just what the hell do you mean that we no longer have an honest media? Do you mean Breibart, the National Enquirer, and the Weekly World are not honest? That CNN and Fox are not honest? That the many blogs and youtubes are not honest?

That is just a sleazy way of saying that you want to control all the media to prevent anything from being published that disagrees with your little alternative universe. Sorry, old boy, you assholes don't get to do that in this nation.

Major news outlets are the culprit. Well that and the partisan assholes on both sides of our broken 2 party political system that dumb down everything into a right vs left argument

sure some independent new outlets can be objective but most people do not search them out

and where did I ever say I want to control the media?

Bush breaks his silence.

<more>

I guess progressives really miss "W".

Bush let rampant illegal immigration on his watch and is a big reason we have such problems. Trump isn't against the media, he is against lies and propaganda, as we all should be. He has never suggesting taking away their rights, he's just called them out on their bullshit which is anyone's right.

Crap, our system has been very partisan from the very start. There were newspaper articles during Washington's terms that called him a dictator. And what some of the newspapers of Lincoln's time said about him would make your hair curl. Normal politics in a two party system.

Bush breaks his silence.

<more>

I guess progressives really miss "W".

Bush let rampant illegal immigration on his watch and is a big reason we have such problems. Trump isn't against the media, he is against lies and propaganda, as we all should be. He has never suggesting taking away their rights, he's just called them out on their bullshit which is anyone's right.
The orange clown is against liars? LOL He is the biggest liar we have ever had in that office.

Donald Trump's file

The PolitiFact scorecard

Crap, our system has been very partisan from the very start. There were newspaper articles during Washington's terms that called him a dictator. And what some of the newspapers of Lincoln's time said about him would make your hair curl. Normal politics in a two party system.

“If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.”

Mark Twain

Forum List

Back