George Zimmerman Will Walk

And not the shooter???

Have to believe that he is impaired before they can test him (probable cause). If they smell booze or eyes are extremely blood shot then they would have.

So, If I have an altercation with someone and shoot them dead, they would do a toxicology test on them and not me? Strange, very strange.

Even if you shot someone, you still have rights. A warrant would be required for your blood. That warrant would require probable cause. If they smell booze or detect regular drugged out behavior that is probable cause. As for the victim. It is SOP across the US that a toxicology report be done in all suspicious deaths.

Have to believe that he is impaired before they can test him (probable cause). If they smell booze or eyes are extremely blood shot then they would have.

So, If I have an altercation with someone and shoot them dead, they would do a toxicology test on them and not me? Strange, very strange.

They would have to get a warrant to test you.

That's easy enough to do, his lawyers said Zimmerman was fully cooperative that night. He didn't lawyer up until later on.

Not charged but Miranda was read a couple times to him. If they have probable cause the police can arrest you and hold you for I believe 24 hours without charging you. Detained is when the cop stops you on the sidewalk and asks you questions. A traffic stop is being detained. It is brief. When you are transported to the station and questioned under Miranda you are under arrest.

Yes, Zimmerman was Mirandized the night of the shooting - but not charged or arrested.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawFactsPamphlets/Pages/LawFactsPamphlet-21.aspx

An arrest is different from a stop. A stop involves brief questioning in the place where you were detained. If the officer wants to hold you longer, or decides to take you elsewhere, such as to the police station, he or she is no longer just stopping you, but is arresting you. An arrest deprives you of your freedom of movement for an even longer period of time than a stop, so the law limits the instances when arrests can be made.

Okay, let's stop splitting hairs. Can you provide any "credible" proof that Zimmerman was "officially" arrested on the night of the shooting? Again, how can one be formally arrested and not be formally charged with a crime?

They would have to get a warrant to test you.

That's easy enough to do, his lawyers said Zimmerman was fully cooperative that night. He didn't lawyer up until later on.

Well, what's the probable cause for the warrant? His toxicology report isn't going to prove or disprove murder. In fact, it would be completely irrelevant. Much like Trayvon's is.

Makes no sense.

Maybe if you don't think about it.

Living person has a 4th amendment protection. You cannot seize their blood without probable cause/warrant.

A murder victim on the other hand has a body that needs to processed and tested for cause of death etc. It's perfectly logical to test the toxicology of someone who is dead because it provides context for the rest of the autopsy.

Yes, Zimmerman was Mirandized the night of the shooting - but not charged or arrested.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/Resources/LawFactsPamphlets/Pages/LawFactsPamphlet-21.aspx

An arrest is different from a stop. A stop involves brief questioning in the place where you were detained. If the officer wants to hold you longer, or decides to take you elsewhere, such as to the police station, he or she is no longer just stopping you, but is arresting you. An arrest deprives you of your freedom of movement for an even longer period of time than a stop, so the law limits the instances when arrests can be made.

Okay, let's stop splitting hairs. Can you provide any "credible" proof that Zimmerman was "officially" arrested on the night of the shooting? Again, how can one be formally arrested and not charged with a crime?

In the interrogation tapes the officer you spoke of told him he was not free to leave. That is arrest. When you say "officially" you me charged. Would you consider yourself under arrest if your hands were cuffed and you were in a squad car being transported to the police station?

Okay, let's stop splitting hairs. Can you provide any "credible" proof that Zimmerman was "officially" arrested on the night of the shooting? Again, how can one be formally arrested and not be formally charged with a crime?

Uhhhhhhh what?

Credible evidence... the man is sitting in Jail right now, so that means he was arrested. Took 44 days but he was arrested. He has been in jail for a year and a few months. Angela Corey made sure he was charged with some sort of crime, so she reached in the bag and pulled out Murder 2.

Okay, let's stop splitting hairs. Can you provide any "credible" proof that Zimmerman was "officially" arrested on the night of the shooting? Again, how can one be formally arrested and not charged with a crime?

In the interrogation tapes the officer you spoke of told him he was not free to leave. That is arrest. When you say "officially" you me charged. Would you consider yourself under arrest if your hands were cuffed and you were in a squad car being transported to the police station?

Yes, Zimmerman was cuffed on the night of the shooting, and the lead police investigator, Chris Serino, wanted to arrest him - but was overruled by the state attorney's office. Therefore, Zimmerman was not formally and officially arrested or charged. There was no arraignment.

Yes, Zimmerman was cuffed on the night of the shooting, and the lead police investigator, Chris Serino, wanted to arrest him - but was overruled by the state attorney's office. Therefore, Zimmerman was not formally and officially arrested or charged. There was no arraignment.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a dick or prove any point, but by law if you are transported from the place that you originally encountered police to the police station and told you are not free to leave, which Chris Serino told GZ in the interrogation, then you are legally under arrest. As long as they have probable cause a police officer can arrest you and take you to jail, and doesn't have to charge you for up to 24 hours. They hold you until they have enough probable cause to warrant arrest. If that probable cause can not be established within 24 hours the warrant can not be obtained.

The said the same about Casey Anthony and OJ.

I don't think Casey Anthony is popping up in public, though. She's practically a recluse.

Yeah, I agree she is in hiding but OJ was right out there all the time. Heck, they'll probably let Zimmerman still carry a gun if he gets off.

If he is not convicted of a felony, then he still retains his constitutional rights pursuant to the 2nd amendment.

I don't think Casey Anthony is popping up in public, though. She's practically a recluse.

Yeah, I agree she is in hiding but OJ was right out there all the time. Heck, they'll probably let Zimmerman still carry a gun if he gets off.

If he is not convicted of a felony, then he still retains his constitutional rights pursuant to the 2nd amendment.

Of course. Then another young black kid will be gunned down by this thug.

On why Zimmerman wasn't arrested or detained after the shooting:

zimmerman-martin-shooting-p1-normal.gif

The Trayvon Martin Killing, Explained

Forum List

Back