George Zimmerman With Gun Pulled Over For Speeding In Texas. Cop Lets Him Go!

Wise move.
It's always best to let the officer know, up front.
It's never pretty when they find it

Why do they always want to see your weapon? Isn't telling them you have one, enough?
Twice I have been stopped strapped on my bike. Both times, standing on the highway in full view of everyone, the cops wanted me to unholster a gun.

Nope! Not gonna comply. The first time, I unzipped my jacket and let him look. That was good enough, but the second time, he wanted me to hand it to him. I suggested we sit in his vehicle so I didn't get shot by the next cop to arrive. He considered that a good idea, and we bullshitted about hand guns for so long he forgot why he stopped me. Hopefully he will consider what it looks like to see a biker talking to a cop with a big shiny revolver in his hand the next time.
Yeah -- leaving the gun in the holster is safer for everyone.
Officers should know this.

Wise move.

Why do they always want to see your weapon? Isn't telling them you have one, enough?
Twice I have been stopped strapped on my bike. Both times, standing on the highway in full view of everyone, the cops wanted me to unholster a gun.

Nope! Not gonna comply. The first time, I unzipped my jacket and let him look. That was good enough, but the second time, he wanted me to hand it to him. I suggested we sit in his vehicle so I didn't get shot by the next cop to arrive. He considered that a good idea, and we bullshitted about hand guns for so long he forgot why he stopped me. Hopefully he will consider what it looks like to see a biker talking to a cop with a big shiny revolver in his hand the next time.

I've had my CHL for over five years and have produced my license on several occasion on traffic stops and not once did the officer ask to see my weapon.

Wow! Is the George Zimmerman sighting the new Elvis sighting?

Frankly.. I could care less about that guy.

Why on earth was this even news?

Oh, I know.. because the media is all about distractions and fluff.
Real journalism is dead & this is proof of it.

Wise move.

I've had my CHL for over five years and have produced my license on several occasion on traffic stops and not once did the officer ask to see my weapon.

I was pulled over in Phoenix and had my shotgun in back seat.. officer said "no problem" checked me for warrants & sent me on my way...

This should NEVER have been a headline.

Wise move.

Both times were in Connecticut.

Wise move.

I haven't been stopped very often but I've never been asked.

This is going to enrage Trayvon supporters even more. Here is what the article says how it happened:

Dash cam pics of the stop:
The moment George Zimmerman was pulled over by cops in Texas for speeding on Sunday - he told them he had a GUN and was 'going nowhere in particular' | Mail Online

While being questioned by the officer, Zimmerman, who was driving a Honda pick-up told the officer that he was armed and was instructed to put the gun into the car's glove-compartment.

The officer issued Zimmerman a warning for speeding and then sent him on his way - but not before asking him where he was going, to which he replied 'nowhere in particular'.

'Nowhere in particular, why is that?' responded the officer according to In Forney.com

'You didn’t see my name?' said Zimmerman. The officer then responded, 'wow, what a coincidence.'
Traffic Violation: George Zimmerman was pulled over by police in Forney, Texas, at around midday and was issued a warning for speeding

The officer then inquired if Zimmerman was free of any warrants for arrest, to which Zimmerman replied, 'absolutely'.

'Alright, I’m gonna go back and just check you, routinely. The reason you were stopped was for your speed, why don’t you slow down a little bit for me and, as long as you don’t have any warrants, I’ll cut you loose with a warning,' said the officer to Zimmerman according to In Forney.com.

'Just take it easy, go ahead and shut your glove compartment and don’t play with your firearm, ok?'

The traffic stop according to InForney.Com lasted approximately five minutes and after being given a warning, Zimmerman was sent on his way - being wished 'a safe trip' by the officer.

Why would it enrage any rational person?

I am talking about enraging Trayvon supporters. They are not rational.

:lmao: You start a Zimmerman fan club on USMB and those who hate the murdering idiot are not rational?

Who gives a fuck about Zimmerman...I hope I never hear that name again.

I'm glad he defended himself but come the fuck on.

George Zimmerman is going to change his name to Ben Ghazi. that way the media and obama will never mention him again.

Thanks to all who liked this post, I wish i could claim I made it up, but I did not.

Your jokes are almost as unfunny as West's. You cons suck all the funny out of a room.

Nobody ever is/was as unfunny as you all.

:cuckoo:

George Zimmerman is going to change his name to Ben Ghazi. that way the media and obama will never mention him again.

Thanks to all who liked this post, I wish i could claim I made it up, but I did not.

Your jokes are almost as unfunny as West's. You cons suck all the funny out of a room.

Nobody ever is/was as unfunny as you all.

:cuckoo:

Might be right there sweetie.......perhaps we're not funny!!! We're too busy having fun celebrating all of this winning........

You can have all the funny and all the losing.:coffee:

Speaking of funny......how funny is it that only my conservative pals get this one??? Amazing how easily the black leaders in this country dupe all of the blacks and hyper-progressives.........

Speaking of winning, you mean? Those two in your pic know a lot about winning especially the guy on the right. He took the presidential election away from Mitt Romney like he was taking candy from a baby. Embarrassing for you, huh? :redface:

Forum List

Back