George Zimmerman's bloody head

Comments made in the media by Uhrig about the account & Website:

MSNBC Manuscript, April 10, 2012
UHRIG: Mr. Sonner was accompanied to the bank by Mr. Zimmerman`s
father, for the purpose of setting up a Web site by which people might make
donations. We went to great lengths to make sure the Web site was set up in way to which the PayPal account paid directly to an account on which for his father has the control on the signature rights.

Anderson Cooper Transcript, April 10, 2012
COOPER: So, Mr. Uhrig, were you ever officially his attorneys? Had he signed a document saying you were his attorneys? Had you met with family members? His family members?

UHRIG: We had been in communication with family members. In fact, the father went to the bank with Mr. Sonner to set up the bank account which the Web site we put up for his benefit was going to take so that we didn't touch the money. The money would go to a bank account with only his father's name on it. His father was communicative with us. He was communicative with us.

Does this mean that the father is the one that withheld the information? Did anyone ask Zimmerman how much money was in the account?
It obvious people are lying.

The State could not question Zimmerman on the account. That would not be allowed in the cross examination portion when he was on the stand.

The person who responsible for not disclosing the monetary information was most certainly George Zimmerman, and the Florida statue makes it clear:

"(1)(a) All information provided by a defendant, in connection with any application for or attempt to secure bail, to any court, court personnel, or individual soliciting or recording such information for the purpose of evaluating eligibility for, or securing, bail for the defendant, under circumstances such that the defendant knew or should have known that the information was to be used in connection with an application for bail, shall be accurate, truthful, and complete without omissions to the best knowledge of the defendant.(b) The failure to comply with the provisions of paragraph (a) may result in the revocation or modification of bail.

(2) An application for modification of bail on any felony charge must be heard by a court in person, at a hearing with the defendant present, and with at least 3 hours’ notice to the state attorney.
(3) Any person who intentionally provides false or misleading material information or intentionally omits material information in connection with an application for bail or for modification of bail is guilty of a misdemeanor or felony which is one degree less than that of the crime charged for which bail is sought, but which in no event is greater than a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

903.035 - Applications for bail information provided hearing on application for modification penalty for providing false or misleading information or omitting material information. - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Do you folks imagine you have access to the application for the bail bond?

Can you tell us what was included or allegedly "omitted?"

Do you know what part or parts (if any) were filled in by George Zimmerman?

Is there a chance that some of you are confusing testimony at a bail bond hearing with the application for a bail bond?

donations. We went to great lengths to make sure the Web site was set up in way to which the PayPal account paid directly to an account on which for his father has the control on the signature rights.

COOPER: So, Mr. Uhrig, were you ever officially his attorneys? Had he signed a document saying you were his attorneys? Had you met with family members? His family members?

UHRIG: We had been in communication with family members. In fact, the father went to the bank with Mr. Sonner to set up the bank account which the Web site we put up for his benefit was going to take so that we didn't touch the money. The money would go to a bank account with only his father's name on it. His father was communicative with us. He was communicative with us.

This is odd. According to Zimmerman's new website (run by his lawyer):

As I was ending any Internet presence George had, we removed any Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts and websites. As we shut down the web site entitled therealgeorgezimmerman.com my client asked what we should do about the outstanding fee monies in the PayPal account or that had been taken out of the PayPal account since its inception. George immediately gathered the funds that were in either his or his wife’s account, or the PayPal account, and has forwarded those funds to me presently. We are still awaiting a check from the PayPal company which takes several days.

Home

If his father had control of it, how did Zimmerman "gather up the funds"?

That is pretty clear. Like I said before, it sounds as if Zimmerman lied by omission.[/QUOTE]

No necessarily, that will be for Judge Lester to evaluate. At the media access hearing he said he wanted more information to include who created the account, who had access, who had access to the PayPal accounts, when were deposits made, and when were withdrawals made.

Factual information is needed to make a determination. The internet is a strange beast, sites can exist for days, weeks, months and have a very low response rate, then suddenly go viral.

**IF** Zimmmerman had access to the PayPal acount and at the time that Zimmerman completed and signed the documents which detailed for the courts his financial resources for the bond applicatoin, there was only a few hundred dollars in the account, "meh" probably no big deal.

**IF** deposits went viral AFTER the application for bond paperwork was complete, again probably no big deal. The paperwork would have been completed in good faith.

**IF** the account had accumulated a large amount of money (large being open to interpretation from 10's of thousands to over 100 thousand), then the Judge will make a decision and examine the evidence. Go "meh" no big deal, we are already working a murder charge case and leave everything as is. Go "meh" on the omission, but modify the conditions of bond. Go "this is serious" and revoke bond and then decide to or not to issue charges for a felony omission.​

>>>>

Does this mean that the father is the one that withheld the information? Did anyone ask Zimmerman how much money was in the account?

The State could not question Zimmerman on the account. That would not be allowed in the cross examination portion when he was on the stand.

The person who responsible for not disclosing the monetary information was most certainly George Zimmerman, and the Florida statue makes it clear:

"(1)(a) All information provided by a defendant, in connection with any application for or attempt to secure bail, to any court, court personnel, or individual soliciting or recording such information for the purpose of evaluating eligibility for, or securing, bail for the defendant, under circumstances such that the defendant knew or should have known that the information was to be used in connection with an application for bail, shall be accurate, truthful, and complete without omissions to the best knowledge of the defendant.(b) The failure to comply with the provisions of paragraph (a) may result in the revocation or modification of bail.

(2) An application for modification of bail on any felony charge must be heard by a court in person, at a hearing with the defendant present, and with at least 3 hours’ notice to the state attorney.
(3) Any person who intentionally provides false or misleading material information or intentionally omits material information in connection with an application for bail or for modification of bail is guilty of a misdemeanor or felony which is one degree less than that of the crime charged for which bail is sought, but which in no event is greater than a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

903.035 - Applications for bail information provided hearing on application for modification penalty for providing false or misleading information or omitting material information. - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

Why couldn't the state question him, he was on the stand. Hearings do not require that the other side say something first before they can be asked about it.

Is there a chance that some of you are confusing testimony at a bail bond hearing with the application for a bail bond?

Liability,

I have no problem indicating that I'm ignorant on a subject because ignorance is temporary (while stupidity is permanent and I've never considered my self stupid)...

Would it correct to assume that a bond hearing is not automatic? That if someone doesn't want bond they don't have to apply for it.

Secondly, what is the process like? Is it a motion written up by the attorney? Does the accused have to sign it? Or on the other hand to courts have forms that are used and the accused fills in the blanks? In either case, can is it signed by the Attorney? The Accused? Both?

How does that work from arrest through conclusion of the bond hearing?

>>>>

I don't think he's a criminal lawyer so perhaps he doesn't know.

The way I understand it, everyone is entitled to pre-trial release. In the case of non-violent crimes, on their own word. 2nd degree felony charges and above, they are usually required to post bond to prove they aren't a flight risk, among meeting other requirements.

I'm pretty sure you could elect to stay in jail until your trial.

Why couldn't the state question him, he was on the stand. Hearings do not require that the other side say something first before they can be asked about it.
Er, They must be within the scope of direct examination.

That is why when the State asked Zimmerman a question about his inconsistencies on the stand his atty objected with "Outside the scope of direct examination. I object your honor!"

The objection was sustained.

The way I understand it, everyone is entitled to pre-trial release. In the case of non-violent crimes, on their own word. 2nd degree felony charges and above, they are usually required to post bond to prove they aren't a flight risk, among meeting other requirements.

What state do you live in?

Despite the theoretical right to bail that exists everywhere, most people sit in jail for months awaiting trial on non violent offenses. This increases the number of plea bargains because, for some unknown reason, people are actually willing to plead guilty to crimes they did not commit just to get out of jail.

The State did inquire about the website. Here is the small portion where De Le Rionda asked the wife about it and if she knew how much money was there.

She relays Zimmerman's brother set it and he would know. They ask is he was there. She says no. "but we could probably get him on the phone."

Bond Hearing Snip - YouTube
They also asked the father about it.

Beginning at the [46:20] mark:

DE LA RIONDA: Are you aware that a website has been created for your son?

R. Zimmerman: Yes.

DE LA RIONDA: Are you involved in that at all?

R. Zimmerman: No I'm not.

DE LA RIONDA: Are you aware of how much money has been collected?

R. Zimmerman: I have no idea.

DE LA RIONDA: To your knowledge, who's in charge of that program or website?

R. Zimmerman: I'm really.........I'm not sure.

DE LA RIONDA: So you have no idea where the money's going, or where it's being deposited, etc.?

R. Zimmerman: I have no idea if there's any money, how much money, or who has access to it.

George Zimmerman bond hearing :: WRAL.com

Then there is nothing for anyone to whine about.

The state knew about the website, asked, and was told who to call if they needed specifics. Why do I think that this isn't going to make any difference to anyone?

Because facts and reason have never slowed down a lynch mob?

Just a guess....

Despite the theoretical right to bail that exists everywhere, most people sit in jail for months awaiting trial on non violent offenses. This increases the number of plea bargains because, for some unknown reason, people are actually willing to plead guilty to crimes they did not commit just to get out of jail.

Yeah, I know several people that went through that. The DA makes a laundry list of every conceivable charge and does it solely to pressure the acused into confessing to a crime.

Once you confess to a felony, you have a lot of problems getting hired in the future, except for the most menial or illegal work..

That is why when the State asked Zimmerman a question about his inconsistencies on the stand his atty objected with "Outside the scope of direct examination. I object your honor!"

Only in a trial, not a hearing. The purpose of the hearing was to determine bail eligibility, questions about finance are permissible, just like questions about intent to run for the hills are, even if they are carefully avoided on direct examination.

If you want an explanation for the question you asked provide context. I know that, if I were a judge, and someone asked about money during a bail hearing, I would permit the question. On the other hand, if someone asked about why the police think that the evidence does not match his statements, and the defense did not bring it up on direct, I wouldn't permit it.

For the record, I think the defense would be really stupid to ask Zimmerman about inconsistencies in the evidence.

Last edited:

Only in a trial, not a hearing. The purpose of the hearing was to determine bail eligibility, questions about finance are permissible, just like questions about intent to run for the hills are, even if they are carefully avoided on direct examination.

If you want an explanation for the question you asked provide context. I know that, if I were a judge, and someone asked about money during a bail hearing, I would permit the question. On the other hand, if someone asked about why the police think that the evidence does not match his statements, and the defense did not bring it up on direct, I wouldn't permit it.

For the record, I think the defense would be really stupid to ask Zimmerman about inconsistencies in the evidence.
The only reason the State was allowed to ask Zimmerman ANY questions was becasue the Defense let him go on the stand.

Then, it opened up the opportunity for the State to cross exam, but they are only allowed to address what was brought up on the stand. That's why the State went to the part about how sorry Z might have really felt, and something cryptic about some text message Z wrote about TM's father after the incident -- which we will likely hear more about as discovery docs start pumping out and/or the trial starts.

Floriduh. And yeah, those that sit in jail do so because they don't have the money to hire an attorney, unlike Zimmerman.

The only reason the State was allowed to ask Zimmerman ANY questions was becasue the Defense let him go on the stand.

Then, it opened up the opportunity for the State to cross exam, but they are only allowed to address what was brought up on the stand. That's why the State went to the part about how sorry Z might have really felt, and something cryptic about some text message Z wrote about TM's father after the incident -- which we will likely hear more about as discovery docs start pumping out and/or the trial starts.

At approximate 1:57 you can hear O'Mara objecting to a question that was out of scope to the direct.

>>>>

Liability,

I have no problem indicating that I'm ignorant on a subject because ignorance is temporary (while stupidity is permanent and I've never considered my self stupid)...

Would it correct to assume that a bond hearing is not automatic? That if someone doesn't want bond they don't have to apply for it.

Secondly, what is the process like? Is it a motion written up by the attorney? Does the accused have to sign it? Or on the other hand to courts have forms that are used and the accused fills in the blanks? In either case, can is it signed by the Attorney? The Accused? Both?

>>>>

I honestly don't know how it works in other states -- including Florida.

But I do know that there's a difference between lying in a bond application (i.e., the paperwork requesting that a bail bond company give you a bond for bail) and lying in a bond hearing.

I am curious how anybody thinks that just because he testified at his own bond hearing he could be responsible for any lie or lies which MAY (theoretically) have been told by any other witness at the hearing or in the bond application.

Liability,

>>>>

But I do know that there's a difference between lying in a bond application (i.e., the paperwork requesting that a bail bond company give you a bond for bail) and lying in a bond hearing.

I am curious how anybody thinks that just because he testified at his own bond hearing he could be responsible for any lie or lies which MAY (theoretically) have been told by any other witness at the hearing or in the bond application.

Because it fits their story line, which is the only thing that matters; Big Lie first, Big Lie last and Big Lie to the bitter embarrasing end.

Liability,

>>>>

Personally, I don't think he would (or should) be held responsible for the testimony of others, that's why Judge Lester was unwilling to make a snap decision during the Media Motion Hearing when O'Mara informed the court about the amount that had been collected in the PayPal accounts.

The judge wanted more information and specifics on who setup the site, who had access to the PayPal accounts, and what monies had been collected when. I'm assuming (correct me if I'm wrong) that part of the paperwork to apply for bond would be a summary of financial resources so that IF the judge decided to grant bond, he would have that information as a factor to determine the bond amount. If Zimmerman was the owner of the PayPal account and deposits had gone "viral" after he was arrested, I don't think that would be a big deal. Zimmerman was already in jail and probably didn't have access. However, if he'd collected $100-$150K before he was arrested, then the judge might have some questions.

I looked up the law, since he's currently charged with a felony, then purposeful omission of known financial resources could also be charged as a felony.

>>>>

Last edited:

Let's try this again.

The state can ask about finances during a bail hearing. It would be ridiculous to argue that they can't, and I refuse to believe any judge would sustain an objection about that. Feel free to prove me wrong by putting the quote into context. I still think the inconsistencies the question that was asked were referring to were the ones the police claim exist between Zimmerman's statement and what they supposedly found at the scene of the shooting.

Floriduh. And yeah, those that sit in jail do so because they don't have the money to hire an attorney, unlike Zimmerman.

Everyone gets an attorney, not everyone gets bail. One is a right, the other you have to pay for. If it really worked the way you claimed no one would be in jail until after they are found guilty.

At approximate 1:57 you can hear O'Mara objecting to a question that was out of scope to the direct.

>>>>

That was the defense asking the cop a question.

Forum List

Back