🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Georgia County Orders Elderly Black Voters Off Bus Taking Them To The Polls

“We knew it was an intimidation tactic,” Black Voters Matter co-founder LaTosha Brown said.

Dozens of black senior citizens in rural Georgia were ordered off a bus bound for the polls after county officials said the event constituted prohibited “political activity.”

A Jefferson County clerk reportedly told staff members from the Leisure Center in Louisville on Monday ― the first day of in-person early voting in Georgia ― that roughly 40 black people couldn’t take part in the trip after receiving a complaint from an unnamed caller.

The trip had been organized by the nonpartisan Black Voters Matter, which is embarking on a bus tour across several southern states with the goal of urging black people to vote. The caller said the bus, which was painted with the words “The South is Rising Tour,” should not be allowed to bring people to the polls, reported The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Evil. Really evil to discourage dozens of black senior citizens from voting. Evil.
A group that votes exclusively Democrat is not a non-patrician organization. If any of those black people voted Republican you know that wouldn't have been allowed on the bus to start with.

Really? Even if true - is that illegal? Does the GOP and RNC also vote Democrat?
Not illegal, but shameful how Democrats treat any minority that doesn't toe the party line.
Democrats are NOT trying to suppress any black people from voting -- even if those black people vote republican....

Can you name me one example of a democrat official trying to stop one black person from voting republican in the 2016 election?
You can't name one Republican trying to suppress votes.

Oh boy, Snowflake Democrats. Always desperate to be offended by something. Always needing to play the 'Victim.' Hopefully most Americans are over them. I guess we'll see in upcoming elections.

Georgia Mayor Compares ‘Black Voters Matter’ To Suicide Cult Amid Bus Controversy

“Better check that Koolaid,” Bartow Mayor Robert Morris wrote days after county officials ordered elderly black voters off a bus headed to the polls.

A mayor in Jefferson County, Georgia, where officials ordered dozens of black elderly voters off a bus headed for the polls earlier this week, posted an apparently racist message on the Facebook page of Black Voters Matter.

Bartow Mayor Robert Morris on Wednesday wrote that Black Voters Matter, a nonpartisan organization that encourages black people to vote, should “check that Koolaid you are serving up,” as first reported by ThinkProgress.

“It is utterly reprehensible that your group maintains that all black voters should vote for a black candidate just because they are the same color as you,” Morris wrote on the since-deleted post.

“A man named Jim Jones once ran an organization like that,” he continued in an apparent reference to the religious cult leader who directed his followers to commit a mass murder-suicide in 1978.

5bc892c42200000f03dd9d5e.png

Georgia Mayor Compares 'Black Voters Matter' To Suicide Cult Amid Bus Controversy

Wow! Just wow! How do such neanderthals ever get voted into office?

Last edited:
Georgia Mayor Compares ‘Black Voters Matter’ To Suicide Cult Amid Bus Controversy

“Better check that Koolaid,” Bartow Mayor Robert Morris wrote days after county officials ordered elderly black voters off a bus headed to the polls.

A mayor in Jefferson County, Georgia, where officials ordered dozens of black elderly voters off a bus headed for the polls earlier this week, posted an apparently racist message on the Facebook page of Black Voters Matter.

Bartow Mayor Robert Morris on Wednesday wrote that Black Voters Matter, a nonpartisan organization that encourages black people to vote, should “check that Koolaid you are serving up,” as first reported by ThinkProgress.

“It is utterly reprehensible that your group maintains that all black voters should vote for a black candidate just because they are the same color as you,” Morris wrote on the since-deleted post.

“A man named Jim Jones once ran an organization like that,” he continued in an apparent reference to the religious cult leader who directed his followers to commit a mass murder-suicide in 1978.

5bc892c42200000f03dd9d5e.png

Georgia Mayor Compares 'Black Voters Matter' To Suicide Cult Amid Bus Controversy

Wow! Just wow! How do such neanderthals ever get voted into office?

Good question.

I've' been asking that since Bush was voted in in 2000.

“We knew it was an intimidation tactic,” Black Voters Matter co-founder LaTosha Brown said.

Dozens of black senior citizens in rural Georgia were ordered off a bus bound for the polls after county officials said the event constituted prohibited “political activity.”

A Jefferson County clerk reportedly told staff members from the Leisure Center in Louisville on Monday ― the first day of in-person early voting in Georgia ― that roughly 40 black people couldn’t take part in the trip after receiving a complaint from an unnamed caller.

The trip had been organized by the nonpartisan Black Voters Matter, which is embarking on a bus tour across several southern states with the goal of urging black people to vote. The caller said the bus, which was painted with the words “The South is Rising Tour,” should not be allowed to bring people to the polls, reported The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Evil. Really evil to discourage dozens of black senior citizens from voting. Evil.

It looks like they have caught up to it though. Long lines in Georgia--1st day of early voting midterm and unprecedented participation from 2014.

In-person early voting began in Georgia on Monday and, by the numbers, it’s off to an incredible start. On the first day alone, 69,049 people voted—a massive increase compared to the 20,898 people who participated in the first day of in-person early voting during the last midterm election in 2014.
What does early voting look like in Georgia? Massive turnout, long lines, and voter suppression

A hotly contested race out there for Governor.

Di6xz2dW4AIlfkG.jpg

RCP has this race as a tossup with Kemp leading by a mere 2 points (well inside the margin of error.)
RealClearPolitics - Election 2018 - Georgia Governor - Kemp vs. Abrams

And they're talking about the long lines for early voting.
GEORGIA ELECTION 2018: Early voting begins with contentious governor's race between Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp

It all comes down to voter turnout. If Democrats & Independents would vote like Republicans do, they could win every race.

I don't know why this Brian Kemp didn't step aside as Secretary of State who is in charge of elections, prior to running for Governor--but it invites suspicion of corruption throughout. It's unbelievable that the State of Georgia would tolerate this.

ATLANTA - A political firestorm has erupted around the revelation that 53,000 Georgia voter registration applications are currently on hold with the state. Channel 2 Action News has reported on The Associated Press' investigation, which found that most of those registration applications belong to minority voters.Republican gubernatorial candidate and Secretary of State Brian Kemp has rejected his opponent’s claims of voter suppression, citing state law that’s led to the voters being on the “pending list,” meaning they can resolve the issue at the polls on Election Day.
GEORGIA VOTER REGISTRATION CONTROVERSY: What happens if you show up to vote and you're on the 'pending list'?
Why do Republicans always force long lines?

They want to make voting as inconvenient as possible

Most people who are waiting to vote are in long lines.

Its always been inconvenient.

Carry on dumbass.

Not where I live, usually under ten people

These are your taxpayers, they have a right to vote
Cutting corners and forcing them to wait for an hour or more is an abuse of power

Well good for you. Most other people have to wait to vote.

If I vote early I don't have to wait but if I wait for voting day there are long lines. I usually vote early.

It is what it is and your bitching about it won't change anything.

Happy trail dumbass.

Obviously you didn't get the message. On the first day of voting there aren't usually lines where you're having to wait 2 hours to cast a vote. The voter particicpation is already 4 times more than in 2014. Meaning there are a lot of people that are voting this midterm..

The trip had been organized by the nonpartisan Black Voters Matter,
:laughing0301:

I assume you would have been okay if a bunch of white senior citizens were picked up by a White Voters Matter bus, right?

Whites don't vote in a block. They are the MOST evenly divided racial or ethnic group that I have ever heard of.

A White Votes Matters could actually be a non-partisan group.

What a racist
If white people voted for Republicans the way black people voted for Democrats we wouldn’t be talking about Democrats having a chance to win the House, and Abrams wouldn’t have a prayer of winning the governorship.

You will see what 90% to 95% white support for Republicans is like pretty soon.

What's so "evil"? This is partisan activity for the Democrat Party- which is fine BTW.
Yup, taking blacks in Georgia to vote: partisan. After all, wasn't there a war fought to prevent this very thing?

edited
No the War was about state rights, the South felt that they had the right to pull out of the Union and the Union did not see it that way. Slavery was the catalyst for it tho.

It looks like they have caught up to it though. Long lines in Georgia--1st day of early voting midterm and unprecedented participation from 2014.

What does early voting look like in Georgia? Massive turnout, long lines, and voter suppression

A hotly contested race out there for Governor.

Di6xz2dW4AIlfkG.jpg

RCP has this race as a tossup with Kemp leading by a mere 2 points (well inside the margin of error.)
RealClearPolitics - Election 2018 - Georgia Governor - Kemp vs. Abrams

And they're talking about the long lines for early voting.
GEORGIA ELECTION 2018: Early voting begins with contentious governor's race between Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp

It all comes down to voter turnout. If Democrats & Independents would vote like Republicans do, they could win every race.

I don't know why this Brian Kemp didn't step aside as Secretary of State who is in charge of elections, prior to running for Governor--but it invites suspicion of corruption throughout. It's unbelievable that the State of Georgia would tolerate this.

GEORGIA VOTER REGISTRATION CONTROVERSY: What happens if you show up to vote and you're on the 'pending list'?

Carry on dumbass.

Cutting corners and forcing them to wait for an hour or more is an abuse of power

If I vote early I don't have to wait but if I wait for voting day there are long lines. I usually vote early.

Happy trail dumbass.

Obviously you didn't get the message. On the first day of voting there aren't usually lines where you're having to wait 2 hours to cast a vote. The voter particicpation is already 4 times more than in 2014. Meaning there are a lot of people that are voting this midterm..
That seem strange most state open up the extra help to get the able to run the lines faster. I will check up on that one in person.

It is unlawful to use COUNTY FUNDED FACILITIES TO FACILITATE OBVIOUSLY PARTISAN POLITICAL PANDERING. (Actually, it doesn't even have to be all that obvious...just probable)

So simple a 5 year old could understand it. Why is it Progs here can't?

Can these Leftist fruitcakes even understand English?

What "COUNTY FUNDED FACILITIES" are you referring to? The bus?
The Center where these old mush heads sit around all day.
I asm sure the people who rented the bus would like to help them fill out the vote card also.

Even if true - so what? Would you feel the same if they were WHITE senior citizens?
The news photos who white people standing in line with blacks so what is the problem.?

Carry on dumbass.

Happy trail dumbass.

That seem strange most state open up the extra help to get the able to run the lines faster. I will check up on that one in person.

I think voter participation is up 164% this year which could also effect the lines and time it takes to vote.

Here is something interesting. Apparently a Federal District Court judge overruled Kemp in 2017 over trying to delete 33,000 registrations, and apparently he's trying to do it again.

As minority leader in the Georgia house of representatives, Abrams led a lawsuit against Kemp in 2016 challenging the exact match voting regulation, which was not state law at the time. A federal judge ruled Kemp improperly cancelled 33,000 voter registrations. Abrams said on Sunday Kemp “knew” the exact match system would lead to disenfranchisement.
“I would say that we have known since 2016 that the exact match system has a disproportionate effect on people of color and on women,” Abrams said. “He was sued for this exact problem. “He was forced to restore 33,000 illegally canceled registrations. And he turned around and got the state legislature to pass a law to allow him to make the same mistake again.
Stacey Abrams: GOP opponent creating 'miasma of fear' over voting in Georgia

Why Kemp won't step aside as Secretary of State, is beyond any rational. If he wins--there will be a zillion accusations of election corruption for his entire term as governor, that will never go away. It will just weaken him as a governor. I don't care how many times he can prove that he won legitimately--he's done before he ever gets sworn in.

I just saw an ad by Creepy Brock Hussaine state elderly White people should not be allowed vote. So to be consistent with Brock, if these Blacks are so stupid and incompetent as to not be able to drive or have a relative drive them, then why should they have a right to vote for people who will impact folks who are competent and functional? Fast forward to 1:11.

Yes, Fake News tweaked the image to make Brock look rather pale. :p

Last edited:
As usual, you left out key information that qualifies your bombastic thread title. Folks, go read the Atlanta Journal-Constitution article to get the full story. The OP is misleading.

You're the one who is misleading.
You know no one will do what you say in your comment.
But I did.
And the story is no different, you lying piece of shit.

Black senior citizens ordered off Georgia bus taking them to vote

Do you believe Black Votes Matter, is a nonpartisan group?

Do you believe Black Votes Matter?
Do you believe White Votes Matter?

Do you believe these people would allow such a group to exist without being branded white supremacists?

You do realize that this bus left the white senior citizens at the nursing home, right?

As usual, you left out key information that qualifies your bombastic thread title. Folks, go read the Atlanta Journal-Constitution article to get the full story. The OP is misleading.
Yes, obstructing Black people from voting is a Georgia tradition

Do you believe the Black Votes Matter is a nonpartisan group with nonpartisan goals?

Why would it be partisan?
You don’t think blacks vote independently?

Why are you too much of a pussy to answer a simple question?

Do you believe the Black Votes Matter is a nonpartisan group with nonpartisan goals?

If you had read the whole article you would know that the people from that group clearly followed the law. They didn't talk about any candidates nor did they endorse any candidate.

All they did was encourage and help people get to the polls to vote. Which isn't partisan nor illegal.

Yes I believe that they're nonpartisan. Or at least more non partisan than Sproul & Associates run by Nathan Sproul. Or Strategic Allied Consulting.

You might want to do some research on them if you don't know who they are and what they did.
Segregated voter buses is lawful now?

It is unlawful to use COUNTY FUNDED FACILITIES TO FACILITATE OBVIOUSLY PARTISAN POLITICAL PANDERING. (Actually, it doesn't even have to be all that obvious...just probable)

So simple a 5 year old could understand it. Why is it Progs here can't?

Can these Leftist fruitcakes even understand English?

What "COUNTY FUNDED FACILITIES" are you referring to? The bus?
The Center where these old mush heads sit around all day.
I asm sure the people who rented the bus would like to help them fill out the vote card also.

Even if true - so what? Would you feel the same if they were WHITE senior citizens?
You mean like the white senior citizens that the bus left behind on the basis of race?

The senior citizens who are forced to find their own transportation because black nationalist groups are mainstream?

Your a Liberal so I know you don't have an issue with the expectation that black people are supposed to vote Democrat. Bet you Black Votes Matters won't be supporting any Black Republican candidates.

Forum List

Back