Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

You now need to scan your Drivers License and print it off to include it with your mail-in ballot.

So if you're in Georgia, go buy a scanner and a printer. Will cost you over $100 to do that so...sorry if you're poor or disabled. Thank the GOP for making it a requirement for mail-in.
They can't go to a local library, print shop, bank, or store to get a Xerox copy made? Nobody they know has a friggen computer and printer? These things are practically ubiquitous. This may be an annoyance, but a very minor one.
...I mean it costs money to make a copy at a print shop or a bank or a store. You're literally asking "Don't they mind paying a poll tax to vote? Jeez, shut up and stop whining people"

Aren't you a Liberal?

The **** is wrong with you. Get outta here with that. Poll taxes are illegal for a reason

EDIT: dumbass
We have universal mail in voting here in Oregon. You register when you get your driver's license or state ID at the DMV. Before that, I had to show up at the local elementary school with ID and voter card in order to vote. Should I be out rioting because I had to put a postage stamp on the ballot to mail it in? It cost money after all. I don't buy all the pearl clutching about ID. Everyone has one or needs one for myriad reasons. Most people have computers and printers or easy access to them. Getting a copy of an ID isn't an undue burden on anyone. If a goober in Hickville can do it, urbanites should be able to do it too.

There are a lot of other parts of this bill I find much more troubling, such as the State's ability to replace local election boards, and the ridiculous ban on bringing water or food to people standing in a long line to vote.

I am a liberal. That doesn't mean I must toe some imaginary line and march in total lockstep like the Trumpublicans.

Liberals bitch about conserving water and make us use washing machines and dishwashers that use mere ounces of water and GA passes a law to save water and you complain?

Yep, and that isnt stopping them so they are getting specific.
Actually they’re getting less specific.
Mentioning food and water is pretty specific lol
Uh no, it's very random and arbitrary.

How will they know wh
You now need to scan your Drivers License and print it off to include it with your mail-in ballot.

So if you're in Georgia, go buy a scanner and a printer. Will cost you over $100 to do that so...sorry if you're poor or disabled. Thank the GOP for making it a requirement for mail-in.
They can't go to a local library, print shop, bank, or store to get a Xerox copy made? Nobody they know has a friggen computer and printer? These things are practically ubiquitous. This may be an annoyance, but a very minor one.
...I mean it costs money to make a copy at a print shop or a bank or a store. You're literally asking "Don't they mind paying a poll tax to vote? Jeez, shut up and stop whining people"

Aren't you a Liberal?

The **** is wrong with you. Get outta here with that. Poll taxes are illegal for a reason

EDIT: dumbass
We have universal mail in voting here in Oregon. You register when you get your driver's license or state ID at the DMV. Before that, I had to show up at the local elementary school with ID and voter card in order to vote. Should I be out rioting because I had to put a postage stamp on the ballot to mail it in? It cost money after all. I don't buy all the pearl clutching about ID. Everyone has one or needs one for myriad reasons. Most people have computers and printers or easy access to them. Getting a copy of an ID isn't an undue burden on anyone. If a goober in Hickville can do it, urbanites should be able to do it too.

There are a lot of other parts of this bill I find much more troubling, such as the State's ability to replace local election boards, and the ridiculous ban on bringing water or food to people standing in a long line to vote.

I am a liberal. That doesn't mean I must toe some imaginary line and march in total lockstep like the Trumpublicans.
What?
You claimed that spending a buck or two getting a copy of your ID is a poll tax. Is spending a buck or two on postage also a "poll tax"?

Stamps are used for sending all mail. You said you're in Oregon and use stamps to send mail....guess what? We all do. The entire country.

Having to print your ID is for one thing only: this new suppression bill.

You're using the old "Cars kill people too, should we ban cars?" argument in other words. You're an idiot, now I know you're not a real Liberal.

How do you distinguish the ones who are from the ones who aren't?
Eyes and ears. Are they wearing campaign materials? Are they talking about a candidate?
Spare us. The easiest way is to just make it illegal. Why do you expect election workers to perform nearly impossible tasks? They aren't paid to be police officers.
What’s nearly impossible about it? Electioneering is already illegal.

This is just petty.

How do you distinguish the ones who are from the ones who aren't?
Eyes and ears. Are they wearing campaign materials? Are they talking about a candidate?
Spare us. The easiest way is to just make it illegal. Why do you expect election workers to perform nearly impossible tasks? They aren't paid to be police officers.
What’s nearly impossible about it? Electioneering is already illegal.

This is just petty.
Watching what each person near a poll is a huge task. Why is it so hard to just not give out free food and drink?

Already illegal before this law.
Irrelevant. Maybe it's verbal, and only the parties involved in the exchange can hear it.
There was obviously a problem with it somewhere in Georgia. The governor didn't just wake up one morning and decide to ban water gifts.
The law says "food or drink." Pointing out that water is a drink is a canard.

One need look no further than the title of this thread to see what disingenuous assholes we're dealing with here:
Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

Already illegal before this law.
Irrelevant. Maybe it's verbal, and only the parties involved in the exchange can hear it.
There was obviously a problem with it somewhere in Georgia. The governor didn't just wake up one morning and decide to ban water gifts.
Quite relevant. You guys make it sound like this law was necessary and just but it’s at least redundant and at most just petty.

“Obviously” a problem, like hell. You think Republicans are pure and innocent?

Forum List

Back