Georgia republicans just made water an illegal substance

Watching what each person near a poll is a huge task. Why is it so hard to just not give out free food and drink?
They’ve been doing it for decades.

Why is it so bad for someone to hand out water if they’re not advocating for anything? It’s petty.

Watching what each person near a poll is a huge task. Why is it so hard to just not give out free food and drink?
They’ve been doing it for decades.

Why is it so bad for someone to hand out water if they’re not advocating for anything? It’s petty.
I will go one better. The USSC already ruled in
Burson v. Freeman, 504 U.S. 191 (1992)
That it was unconstitutional (violation of 1st and 14th amendments) to prohibit electioneering beyond the distance (100 feet) which was a narrowly tailored compelling government interest to secure the election

In short, the georgia law is unconstitutional, for it would prohibit activities by third parties, that are legal if not done for electioneering purposes.

Last edited:
You've already been told, dumbass.
Read my post on the USSC saying georgia can't do it. They can only bar actual electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place. Beyond that distance, even political operatives can openly campaign and openly electioneer.

The giving of gifts to influence an electors vote is already illegal under 18 USC 597. But that involves gifts given in promotion of a particular candidate or particular party.

Portable vending machines, and water delivery services, Dominos delivers!

What else didn't they think of. No umbrellas. If it start pouring on those, um folks, arrest anyone who tries to give them an umbrellas or rain coat or anything that could be perceive to be protection from the elements. That'll teach um to try and vote. Crank up that fouls weather machine too........

From post #32:

... the law bans, campaigns from handing out give aways, gifts etc within 25 feet of the polling station. The law already banned this, but water and food was a 'gray area" - that the new law cleared up.

What, people can't bring their own bottle of water or a snack?

I can just see fried chicken being handed out by Stacey Abrams; well, what is left of it after she eats her share. IOW, all gone.

You've already been told, dumbass.
Read my post on the USSC saying georgia can't do it. They can only bar actual electioneering within 100 feet of a polling place. Beyond that distance, even political operatives can openly campaign and openly electioneer.

The giving of gifts to influence an electors vote is already illegal under 18 USC 597. But that involves gifts given in promotion of a particular candidate or particular party.
What makes you believe they aren't given to support of a particular candidate?

wth?

I bring my own water and snacks wherever I go.

What is wrong with people being responsible for themselves???

You can't bring outside food and drink into most polling places in Indiana but certain churches and other organizations that will operate polling places will offer them

This won't end well for NaziCon Republicans...

1616810571082.png

wth?

I bring my own water and snacks wherever I go.

What is wrong with people being responsible for themselves???

You can't bring outside food and drink into most polling places in Indiana but certain churches and other organizations that will operate polling places will offer them
My polling place was entirely outside in the garage the local fire station.

Then outlaw the shirts stupid, not the water
Hey dummy, it could be any number of things, not just shirts. It could be verbal.
You reactionary NJs are making a mountain out of a molehill. Stop playing stupid.

I take it that the entirely false premise of this partisan troll thread has been exposed by now.

They can certainly have a little water. Just bring a bottle.
Was there some crisis in Georgia with people being given water in line to vote? How was this going to address voter fraud?

It is NOT going to address voter fraud. We ALL know what is going on here and it CANNOT stand.
Exactly. NOTHING about this deals with voter fraud in any way.

It's simply a method of limiting voter turnout. Limit polling places. and times...create long lines...make it as difficult to vote as possible.

1616815366586.jpeg

Forum List

Back