Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Ok, let me see if I understand liberal logic here: It's totally ok for Delta to decide who gets discounts, but it's not totally ok for the Georgia legislature to decide who gets tax breaks. Yeah, uh-huh. More irrational hypocrisy from the left.

Oh look, another liberal statist that is good with the government trying to force one private company to give another private company financial discounts.

Is it ok if I just call you Comrade from now on?

It is going to leave a mark on the whole country. The tax break was not just for Delta, it was for all airlines flying out of Georgia. Since I do not think there is an airline that does not fly out of Atlanta, every airline will be affected and every airline will up their ticket prices due to this. All because Delta pulled their discounts for people flying to the NRA convention, which were the only people the discount applied to.
To affect gun laws on people who didn't break any laws to begin with.

What?
You seem worried that innocents will pay due to this decision against delta.

But don't seem to have a problem putting more laws on innocents as if they are the problem.

What laws is it that you imagine I have no problem with?
later on man. you dance around a lot just to you can keep attacking, never talking things to a resolution.

Oh look, another joker that wants to make charges they cannot support. You are just a dime a dozen around this forum. How boring you turned out to be, and I had bought into your lie that were not just another partisan.

So, since not giving discounts is now the same thing as discriminating, as a member of the American Legion and the VFW I am feel discriminated against by the NRA who doesn’t give me a discount for being a member of those groups

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
not the same. if you never had one, they didn't take it away from you.

Then that is even worse, at least the NRA members got a discount for a little time.

That damn NRA did not even do that much
well I'd like to know what it is they do exactly that required the pulling of the discount. but lazy people in here can't tell me.
they didn't want to be part of the controversy between NRA folks and the rest of America
and lookie lookie at what they got now. ain't getting the 40 million in fuel adjustments, no tax break. wow just because the NRA did nothing. amazing.

Oh, lookie..every airline in the country will pay extra for fuel in Georgia all because Delta did nothing wrong.

That is what statism gets you. Bunch of bleeding heart liberaLs on this board.

You are right ,they were not giving money to the NRA and they are not taking it away, yet you statist are still ok with the government trying to force one private company to give discounts to another private company's members. I just truly do not understand how anyone that is not a communist is ok with that.

Schadenfreude.

And a complete lack of desire to let your "if you believe in your principles that I don't share, you must give me whatever I want" line gain any traction.

You decided to blame school shootings on people who had nothing to do with them. It's biting you in the ass. Suck it.

I blamed the school shooting on the guy that pulled the trigger, so I do not know what the fuck you are talking about, and clearly neither do you.

I am sorry that you want to live in a nanny state where the government can force companies to give financial discounts to another company, but I do not want to live in such a country. There are a lot of countries out there like that now, move to one and quit trying to fuck up this one.

It's already fucked up little man and it has been for decades.
The Echelon Program. Carter and FISA, Bush 2 EXPANDING FISA powers. The 4th amendment has been gutted. Hell the AG can get permission to spy in this Nation for up to one year WITHOUT a Warrant.
Every President since Eisenhower has warned of the NWO and secret societies.
We signed over the Nation with the advent of the Federal Reserve.
Our sovereignty has been slowly eroding through the various treaties being signed, NAFTA, CAFTA,TPP and all the rest.
If you want to get a HUGE belly laugh look up Bill Clinton and Treaty on Open Skies.

I could go on and on.

And you are happily making it worse. What does that make you?

I'm watching people like you being played.

I am glad you are ejnoyihng the show while driving the country further left, I am sure both things make you all giddy

Schadenfreude.

And a complete lack of desire to let your "if you believe in your principles that I don't share, you must give me whatever I want" line gain any traction.

You decided to blame school shootings on people who had nothing to do with them. It's biting you in the ass. Suck it.

I blamed the school shooting on the guy that pulled the trigger, so I do not know what the fuck you are talking about, and clearly neither do you.

I am sorry that you want to live in a nanny state where the government can force companies to give financial discounts to another company, but I do not want to live in such a country. There are a lot of countries out there like that now, move to one and quit trying to fuck up this one.

The Echelon Program. Carter and FISA, Bush 2 EXPANDING FISA powers. The 4th amendment has been gutted. Hell the AG can get permission to spy in this Nation for up to one year WITHOUT a Warrant.
Our sovereignty has been slowly eroding through the various treaties being signed, NAFTA, CAFTA,TPP and all the rest.
If you want to get a HUGE belly laugh look up Bill Clinton and Treaty on Open Skies.

I could go on and on.

I am glad you are ejnoyihng the show while driving the country further left, I am sure both things make you all giddy
Doc a lefty? hahahahhahhahaaa:21::dunno:

Schadenfreude.

I could go on and on.

The Country will go here the Bankers tell it's Presidents to take it. It's got nothing to do with me. The game being played is leading you to think you still have a voice. We don't.

Odd. Rather than condemn Delta for punishing a group of 5 million law-abiding citizens who had nothing to do with the FL shooting, a group that has long advocated stronger security at schools, liberals are whining because the GA legislature retaliated against Delta's unjust action.

To affect gun laws on people who didn't break any laws to begin with.

What?

But don't seem to have a problem putting more laws on innocents as if they are the problem.

later on man. you dance around a lot just to you can keep attacking, never talking things to a resolution.

Oh look, another joker that wants to make charges they cannot support. You are just a dime a dozen around this forum. How boring you turned out to be, and I had bought into your lie that were not just another partisan.
didn't lie at all.

just not jumping through your hoops of approval. sometimes you can be pretty cool, other times you just seem trolling and shouting at people. i guess i come across that way to some also but i don't run around calling people "partisan hacks" simply because they don't agree with me.

you own it. wear it well.

Odd. Rather than condemn Delta for punishing a group of 5 million law-abiding citizens who had nothing to do with the FL shooting, a group that has long advocated stronger security at schools, liberals are whining because the GA legislature retaliated against Delta's unjust action.
where tf do you get 5 million punished?? 66000 tops, for 1 weekend going to the nra conference

didn't lie at all.

just not jumping through your hoops of approval. sometimes you can be pretty cool, other times you just seem trolling and shouting at people. i guess i come across that way to some also but i don't run around calling people "partisan hacks" simply because they don't agree with me.

you own it. wear it well.

Yes, you did lie. You said I had no problem putting more laws on innocents. Out of all the reactions to the latest shooting the only one I have come close to agreeing with was the banning of bump stocks, and that is because I do not believe the constitution covers accessories. I am against any further restrictions on gun owners nad I am vehemently against Trump's 21 year old to by some rifles idea.

I tried to ignore it when people said shit about me that was not true, but I got tired of all the lies, so now I will poke back when poked.

where tf do you get 5 million punished?? 66000 tops, for 1 weekend going to the nra conference

And the 66,000 is only if every single one of them flew Delta to get there. But we know that most of the people at the convention are from within driving distance.

I could go on and on.

Doc a lefty? hahahahhahhahaaa:21::dunno:

Anyone that is a statist is left of me, so that makes you and Doc lefties when compared to me.

Just heard about this. Will find a link. Kudos to the Senators for hitting back at the NRA. Why should gun owners in Georgia who pay taxes have to support Delta financially?

If Delta doesn't want or need the business of 5 million NRA members why do they even need a tax break?

Delta’s tax break may not take flight after Georgia Senate blocks it

Delta is Georgias #1 private employer.

How stupid are these people?

• Delta contributes $300 million annually to Georgia state and local governments through taxes and fees.
  • The company paid its Georgia employees $500 million in profit sharing in 2017, resulting in $30 million in income tax withholdings.
  • Delta pays more than $200 million a year in operating expenses to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, supporting airport police, fire, security and other functions.
  • Direct flights out of Atlanta have supported nearly $11 billion in foreign investment in Georgia since 2011 and the creation of more than 42,000 jobs in Georgia.

Delta's economic impact in metro Atlanta, Georgia

Just heard about this. Will find a link. Kudos to the Senators for hitting back at the NRA. Why should gun owners in Georgia who pay taxes have to support Delta financially?

If Delta doesn't want or need the business of 5 million NRA members why do they even need a tax break?

• Delta contributes $300 million annually to Georgia state and local governments through taxes and fees.
  • The company paid its Georgia employees $500 million in profit sharing in 2017, resulting in $30 million in income tax withholdings.
  • Delta pays more than $200 million a year in operating expenses to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, supporting airport police, fire, security and other functions.
  • Direct flights out of Atlanta have supported nearly $11 billion in foreign investment in Georgia since 2011 and the creation of more than 42,000 jobs in Georgia.

But by god the statist will see to it they give a private company discounts or face the consequences. All that matters is that the state wield its power over private companies.

But by god the statist will see to it they give a private company discounts or face the consequences. All that matters is that the state wield its power over private companies.

Georgia needs Delta more than the other way around... was my point.

I agree 100%, but the statist on here do not care about that. All they care about is the state wielding its power

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Sorry, not seeing the stupid you're referring to.

I assume you see your post as "Oh my God, they should be kissing Delta's ass!" But the other way to see your post is, "They're not going to abandon that much dug-in infrastructure over this one incident."

Georgia needs Delta more than the other way around... was my point.

Clearly not, since all that stuff you listed ain't floating around in the atmosphere, hon, and they didn't pick Georgia to put all that investment and time into by throwing darts at a map. Now that you've gotten your panties all in a ruffle over "Georgia should worship Delta and give them ANYTHING!", perhaps you could put some research into WHY Delta chose Georgia as their hub in the first place, and what they get out of it.

Sorry, not seeing the stupid you're referring to.

I assume you see your post as "Oh my God, they should be kissing Delta's ass!" But the other way to see your post is, "They're not going to abandon that much dug-in infrastructure over this one incident."

You are right, they will not leave and the statist in the Ga Senate will follow through with their threats and every airline that flies out of Atlanta will up their ticket prices because of the actions of the statist.

and maybe those who see their ticket prices go up will vote against the nitwits responsible?

Forum List

Back