Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Delta should leave Georgia.

Georgia should be slapped down by the Court for abusing its power.
people should be slapped down for not doing their own research on these issues.

it was going to end anyway. they just chose to make a statement on the way out.

The statement was the problem.

Even though Delta ignored it, it still is a message to every other company in the state, do as you are told or face the consequences.

Yes. It's the statement that's the problem. Government shouldn't be allowed to dictate the political opinions of its constituents. It's truly disgraceful that Republicans have lowered themselves to this. And that so many of them are cheering for it.

really? each side does this every day.

and they're not cheering for "abuse of power" they're cheering for SOMEONE standing up to the stupid shit the left does in demanding things done their way like a child.

Even though Delta ignored it, it still is a message to every other company in the state, do as you are told or face the consequences.

This kind of government is, apparently, what Republicans want. Phony fucks.

maybe. but at this point you can't look at one group and go "you're doing it wrong" as we're pretty much in a free for all, all around.

don't like something? PROTEST!!!
don't like the protest? PROTEST THE PROTESTORS!!!!

not saying either side is right, just the world we live in today because we're collectively too stupid to stop acting like kids.

Yes. It's the statement that's the problem. Government shouldn't be allowed to dictate the political opinions of its constituents. It's truly disgraceful that Republicans have lowered themselves to this. And that so many of them are cheering for it.

and they're not cheering for "abuse of power" they're cheering for SOMEONE standing up to the stupid shit the left does in demanding things done their way like a child.

You seem to not understand that once you take on the tactics of the "other side", you have become the other side.

if it's what we want, and we're getting it - you may not like it but it ain't phony now is it?

the left usually denies what they're doing like kids caught in the candy jar. the right is more "yea, and?"

pretending all the problems exist only on one side is about as stupid as you can get.

You seem to not understand that once you take on the tactics of the "other side", you have become the other side.
you seem to not understand, still, that i'm not taking a side in as much as commenting on BOTH sides as they continue to be collectively stupid.

show me where i said GA was right in their actions and we'll go from there.

I don't give one rat's ass about which 'side' is doing it this time. It is worth noting that many Republicans object to this kind of thing - supposedly on principle - when it's done by someone else. But once they're in power, and they're pulling the strings, they celebrate it. So much for principle.

Last edited:

maybe. but at this point you can't look at one group and go "you're doing it wrong" as we're pretty much in a free for all, all around.

not saying either side is right, just the world we live in today because we're collectively too stupid to stop acting like kids.

and as long as this...

is being done by individuals and not the government I will just ignore it like I always have. People are stupid and do stupid things. But when we just turn a blind eye to abuse of power because it was done for "our side", we have a much bigger issue.

you seem to not understand, still, that i'm not taking a side in as much as commenting on BOTH sides as they continue to be collectively stupid.

I take silence as consent in matters like this.

You have not once said they are wrong, unless I missed it.

if it's what we want, and we're getting it - you may not like it but it ain't phony now is it?

the left usually denies what they're doing like kids caught in the candy jar. the right is more "yea, and?"

pretending all the problems exist only on one side is about as stupid as you can get.

Yeah. Side. Whatever.

I don't get one rat's ass about which 'side' is doing it this time. It is worth noting that many Republicans object to this kind of thing - supposedly on principle - when it's done by someone else. But once they're in power, and they're pulling the strings, they celebrate it. So much for principle.
yep. both sides are pretty hypocritical.

next.

this whole situation is wrong. the only "right" to me are those looking to pull together, not keep the divide going. if you need me to point out when that is happening, let me know.

demanding things from either side isn't going to stop the divide. protests are not going to change a thing. kicking the protesters around isn't going to change a thing. screaming YOU FUCKING IDIOT at each other isn't going to change a thing.

again, if you need me to point that out as we go, let me know.

"Why not mention that Japan has nearly no crime in general? It has very little to do with rigorous gun tests and everything to do with them being an extremely high-trust homogeneous society. Much like Switzerland - a country with a high rate of firearm ownership."

I don't get one rat's ass about which 'side' is doing it this time. It is worth noting that many Republicans object to this kind of thing - supposedly on principle - when it's done by someone else. But once they're in power, and they're pulling the strings, they celebrate it. So much for principle.

next.

No, not "next"! I wanna shine a big bright light on this fucker and, hopefully, wake some people up. Republicans, when they're not in control, make a lot of noise about government violating individual rights. But it's bullshit. They make a pretense of supporting strong limits on government power - but only when they're not in power. When it comes to push and shove, they're no different than the Democrats. They see government, ultimately, as a tool to bully people they don't like. Fuck them.

next.

No, not "next"! I wanna shine a big bright light on this fucker and, hopefully, wake some people up. Republicans, when they're not in control, make a lot of noise about government violating individual rights. But it's bullshit. They make a pretense of supporting strong limits on government power - but only when they're not in power. When it comes to push and shove, they're no different than the Democrats. They see government, ultimately, as a tool to bully people they don't like. Fuck them.
great.

democrats and liberals make a lot of noise about protecting personal freedoms then shut down anyone who disagrees with them. antifa, berkley, you must be PC or you're WRONG...

both sides do a lot of stupid shit and we keep going after 1 side only cause we identify more with the other side. *WE ALL* need to cut that shit out and find some middle ground for all of us.

next.

great.

democrats and liberals make a lot of noise about protecting personal freedoms then shut down anyone who disagrees with them. antifa, berkley, you must be PC or you're WRONG...

both sides do a lot of stupid shit and we keep going after 1 side only cause we identify more with the other side. *WE ALL* need to cut that shit out and find some middle ground for all of us.

You think that's likely to happen if we keep saying "next"?

this whole situation is wrong. the only "right" to me are those looking to pull together, not keep the divide going. if you need me to point out when that is happening, let me know.

demanding things from either side isn't going to stop the divide. protests are not going to change a thing. kicking the protesters around isn't going to change a thing. screaming YOU FUCKING IDIOT at each other isn't going to change a thing.

When you look at the "sides" you see the right vs the left. When I look at sides I see the govt vs the people.

We the people have the constitutionally protected right to be idiots or jerks or to divide if that is what we want to do. We have the right to choose to support the NRA or Delta or neither or both. We have the right to tell Delta, change your ways or face the consequences of us not giving you our money.

The government on the other hand is constitutionally prohibited from doing any of those things. My concern is with the government and its action because each action like this removes one more piece of liberty, and without liberty we have nothing.

next.

great.

You think that's likely to happen if we keep saying "next"?
you think going FUCK THE REPUBLICAN HYPOCRITES will fix it?

When you look at the "sides" you see the right vs the left. When I look at sides I see the govt vs the people.

We the people have the constitutionally protected right to be idiots or jerks or to divide if that is what we want to do. We have the right to choose to support the NRA or Delta or neither or both. We have the right to tell Delta, change your ways or face the consequences of us not giving you our money.

The government on the other hand is constitutionally prohibited from doing any of those things. My concern is with the government and its action because each action like this removes one more piece of liberty, and without liberty we have nothing.
i don't see "binary". i don't do the "black / white" so saying left vs right or gov vs people is pointless to me.

i look at a situation and how we got there and if good, how do we keep it going. if bad, how do we change it.

i say this a lot but the world isn't composed of the black and white, those are 2 colors only in a billion shades of gray yet, we tend to spend most of our time in binary thought.

us vs. them in however you wish to paint it.

Forum List

Back