Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

I don't get one rat's ass about which 'side' is doing it this time. It is worth noting that many Republicans object to this kind of thing - supposedly on principle - when it's done by someone else. But once they're in power, and they're pulling the strings, they celebrate it. So much for principle.
yep. both sides are pretty hypocritical.

next.

No, not "next"! I wanna shine a big bright light on this fucker and, hopefully, wake some people up. Republicans, when they're not in control, make a lot of noise about government violating individual rights. But it's bullshit. They make a pretense of supporting strong limits on government power - but only when they're not in power. When it comes to push and shove, they're no different than the Democrats. They see government, ultimately, as a tool to bully people they don't like. Fuck them.
great.

democrats and liberals make a lot of noise about protecting personal freedoms then shut down anyone who disagrees with them. antifa, berkley, you must be PC or you're WRONG...

both sides do a lot of stupid shit and we keep going after 1 side only cause we identify more with the other side. *WE ALL* need to cut that shit out and find some middle ground for all of us.

You think that's likely to happen if we keep saying "next"?
you think going FUCK THE REPUBLICAN HYPOCRITES will fix it?

It's a start. Do you think blithely accepting it will fix it?

You seem to not understand that once you take on the tactics of the "other side", you have become the other side.
you seem to not understand, still, that i'm not taking a side in as much as commenting on BOTH sides as they continue to be collectively stupid.

show me where i said GA was right in their actions and we'll go from there.

I take silence as consent in matters like this.

You have not once said they are wrong, unless I missed it.
this whole situation is wrong. the only "right" to me are those looking to pull together, not keep the divide going. if you need me to point out when that is happening, let me know.

demanding things from either side isn't going to stop the divide. protests are not going to change a thing. kicking the protesters around isn't going to change a thing. screaming YOU FUCKING IDIOT at each other isn't going to change a thing.

again, if you need me to point that out as we go, let me know.

When you look at the "sides" you see the right vs the left. When I look at sides I see the govt vs the people.

We the people have the constitutionally protected right to be idiots or jerks or to divide if that is what we want to do. We have the right to choose to support the NRA or Delta or neither or both. We have the right to tell Delta, change your ways or face the consequences of us not giving you our money.

The government on the other hand is constitutionally prohibited from doing any of those things. My concern is with the government and its action because each action like this removes one more piece of liberty, and without liberty we have nothing.
i don't see "binary". i don't do the "black / white" so saying left vs right or gov vs people is pointless to me.

i look at a situation and how we got there and if good, how do we keep it going. if bad, how do we change it.

i say this a lot but the world isn't composed of the black and white, those are 2 colors only in a billion shades of gray yet, we tend to spend most of our time in binary thought.

us vs. them in however you wish to paint it.

Funny, just a few post ago it was about "both" sides and "the two sides", now all of a sudden there it is not about that for you.

What I see is a billion shades of color that the individuals can be thanks to the liberty that we have. And I see a government that has very strict rules placed upon it to ensure that we the billion shades have that liberty.

yep. both sides are pretty hypocritical.

next.

No, not "next"! I wanna shine a big bright light on this fucker and, hopefully, wake some people up. Republicans, when they're not in control, make a lot of noise about government violating individual rights. But it's bullshit. They make a pretense of supporting strong limits on government power - but only when they're not in power. When it comes to push and shove, they're no different than the Democrats. They see government, ultimately, as a tool to bully people they don't like. Fuck them.
great.

democrats and liberals make a lot of noise about protecting personal freedoms then shut down anyone who disagrees with them. antifa, berkley, you must be PC or you're WRONG...

both sides do a lot of stupid shit and we keep going after 1 side only cause we identify more with the other side. *WE ALL* need to cut that shit out and find some middle ground for all of us.

now if i were doing that would i be here talking about it?

i'll never understand people who think if i don't do it your way, i'm doing nothing.

you seem to not understand, still, that i'm not taking a side in as much as commenting on BOTH sides as they continue to be collectively stupid.

this whole situation is wrong. the only "right" to me are those looking to pull together, not keep the divide going. if you need me to point out when that is happening, let me know.

demanding things from either side isn't going to stop the divide. protests are not going to change a thing. kicking the protesters around isn't going to change a thing. screaming YOU FUCKING IDIOT at each other isn't going to change a thing.

When you look at the "sides" you see the right vs the left. When I look at sides I see the govt vs the people.

We the people have the constitutionally protected right to be idiots or jerks or to divide if that is what we want to do. We have the right to choose to support the NRA or Delta or neither or both. We have the right to tell Delta, change your ways or face the consequences of us not giving you our money.

The government on the other hand is constitutionally prohibited from doing any of those things. My concern is with the government and its action because each action like this removes one more piece of liberty, and without liberty we have nothing.
i don't see "binary". i don't do the "black / white" so saying left vs right or gov vs people is pointless to me.

i look at a situation and how we got there and if good, how do we keep it going. if bad, how do we change it.

i say this a lot but the world isn't composed of the black and white, those are 2 colors only in a billion shades of gray yet, we tend to spend most of our time in binary thought.

Funny, just a few post ago it was about "both" sides and "the two sides", now all of a sudden there it is not about that for you.

What I see is a billion shades of color that the individuals can be thanks to the liberty that we have. And I see a government that has very strict rules placed upon it to ensure that we the billion shades have that liberty.
funny - you ask, i tell, you find fault and tell me i'm wrong.

we ever gonna get past that?

Funny how that is me finding fault but you accusing me of being binary is you just trying to help!

great.

i'll never understand people who think if i don't do it your way, i'm doing nothing.

Oh, perhaps I've misread you posts. Most of them seemed like "nothing to see here, move along". What did I miss?

Funny how that is me finding fault but you accusing me of being binary is you just trying to help!
where did i say YOU are binary. now - if you say *i* see left vs. right and *YOU* see gov vs people - is that not binary just the same? hell if anyone said you see binary it's you. i'm just speaking to the situation, not *at you*.

great.

Oh, perhaps I've misread you posts. Most of them seemed like "nothing to see here, move along". What did I miss?
later on hos. not here to play this game.

later on hos. not here to play this game.
Good riddance!

You seem to not understand that once you take on the tactics of the "other side", you have become the other side.

Whomever is in power, if they use the gov't and the tax system to punish a company for simply removing discounts is interferring in places they don't belong.

The arrangements are for EVENTS. There is no corporate arrangement in place for the NRA.

This is correct, as Delta has ended it and asked the NRA to remove them from the NRA website and promotional material.

BTW, only 13 NRA members used it.

Which shows you how stupid the statist policies you support are. The statist in the Ga Senate attacked a company the employs 30,000 people in their state to preserve the discount for 13 people nationwide. That is how stupid liberal policies you support are.

Google is your friend. That is if you don't want to look stupid.

This from the guy that lied about who Delta gave discounts to.

Then again you're a leftist. Not looking stupid isn't an objective for you

Nothing cuter than a liberal statist calling me leftist!

Being a statist tends to mean in favor of big, centralized, federal government....States and local governments are different. They are more answerable to the people.
State governments are good for the small local-yokel stuff, but as useless as a screen door on a submarine when it comes to the Big Ticket Stuff like War and Peace.

They can also compete with other states for business....if a state wants to give a business a special deal to come to their state I don't have a problem with that ...Do you?

Delta isn't going anywhere. Perhaps they could threaten to outsource some functions out of state but I haven't read anything to that affect. The question I have seen poised in magazines such as Fortune is whether Georgia just shot itself in the foot with regard to Atlanta's bid for Amazon HQ2?

Of course they are not going anywhere.

You are on the board of Delta. Your job is to keep prices down, make investors happy, and make your company competitive.

So what's cheaper, giving the NRA their stupid discounts back, or spending tens of millions of dollars moving your operation to another city or state?

Well if you decide on the latter, then expect your investors to sell their stock as fast as somebody will buy them.

They choose to tell the Ga Senate to fuck off, they will not be forced to give another private entity a discount no matter how hard statist like you want them to.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's called competition with other States, that's a good thing.....you throw around the word "statist" to liberally and it's not in context

More fool them... they succumbed to the Georgia State Senate bullying?

It would cost billions of dollars and take years to move everything to a different airport. By the time the move was complete Delta would have joined TWA in the ash heap of history.
Nobody said anything about surrendering gates nor moving rolling stock...

The talk was about moving the Corporate Headquarters for Delta...

The Corporate Headquarters is irrelevant. The fuel is bought and needed where the planes are. You pay gasoline taxes based upon where you buy it, not based upon where your car is registered. As a Trucker, we filled up in Arizona before crossing into California, and it was a serious no no to buy fuel in California unless you were in danger of running out, a slightly bigger no no. The reason, the taxes were lower in Arizona, than in California.

Move the Corporate Headquartrs, and it won’t matter, because the planes will still be fueling up in Atlanta, and they’ll still be paying more in taxes.
Moving Corporate Headquarters would have deprived the State of Georgia of thousands of jobs, in retaliation for this arm-twisting by the State Senate.

Trouble is, since I wrote that, it has come to light (for me) that Delta will not move its headquarters, regardless of this attack by the State Senate.

They were based in the Mississippi "delta" in the 1920s and early 1930s, but moved to Atlanta in the 1930s, and have been there since.

For all intents and purposes, Atlanta is the only "home" that Corporate Headquarters has known within Living Memory, and, I'm sure, locally, they're branded that way.

Translation: it's in Delta's best interest to remain in Atlanta even though the State Senate attacked them for their severing of relations with the NRA.

An act of Corporate Heroism, followed soon thereafter by an act of Corporate Self-Interest bordering on political cowardice; but understandable, in any event.

Damned shame, that.

You are wrong on both parts. First, Delta's removal of the NRA discounts was not an act of Corporate Heroism, it was a business decision no different than the one they made last year when they pulled their funding from the play showing a violent murder of Pres Trump.

Delta has one and only on purpose and that is to make money. They are basically losing nothing by staying in Ga, every airline flying in and out of the state will pay the higher fuel tax so it is a wash, they will all just up their fares to make up for it.

There is no business reason to move their HQ and it would be grossly unfair to the people that would have to choose between staying with Delta and moving or leaving the company and staying in their homes.

Heroism?:rolleyes:...it's pandering to leftist nutjobs ..stay out of it,and fly airplanes

Whomever is in power, if they use the gov't and the tax system to punish a company for simply removing discounts is interferring in places they don't belong.

Exactly. And hypocritical Republicans are cheering it on.

I never said I supported it, but it goes on all the time. Now it's the leftists who are complaining when it's their party that constantly does the same thing. When they control businesses via taxation it's fine and dandy. When a Republican does the same thing, now be concerned about government interference with business.

You never said it was wrong either and you said that Delta should cave. But you are right, the left/Dems do this sort of stuff all the time as it is a "left" thing to do. But now the right is joining and those on the right are cheering it happening. What that does is move the country to the left twice as fast than it it were just the left doing this sort of thing.

Let's be honest, you are only against what Delta did because they did it to the NRA. Had they done it to the BLM you would be fine with the standing up to the Govt.

It would have been better for his business, but then he would have to go against the creed of his religion. Apples and oranges really. Delta caved because of political pressure. They actually started this themselves.

It doesn't matter why the caved, they are a private business and you should be supporting their freedom to cave if they choose to. In this story Delta is not the biggest issue, the much bigger issue is that the Ga LtGov and Senate choose to do what they did, something you would have major issues with had it been NY and they were doing because someone took away a discount for 13 Planned parenthood members.

You are now comparing Black Lies Matter to Delta Air Lines?

Sure I would support any company against BLM. They are the group that was present at the last two riots. They are the group that was screaming WHAT DO WE WANT? DEAD COPS! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW! What civilized person could actually support them?

The NRA is simply a gun group. They do everything legal, everything by the book, they advocate gun safety and promote our Constitutional right to bear arms. They had absolutely nothing to do with the school shooting. So why are they being punished? Because they are an organization hated by the left, so they dragged the NRA into this school shooting story somehow, and then Delta punishes them on top of it.

No, I am comparing BLM to the NRA.

Sure I would support any company against BLM. They are the group that was present at the last two riots. They are the group that was screaming WHAT DO WE WANT? DEAD COPS! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW! What civilized person could actually support them?

So, I will ask you again. Would you approve if the Senate of Ohio and the LtGov of Ohio tried to force Marathon Petroleum to give financial discounts to the NAACP? Would you be ok with that?

I never said I supported it, but it goes on all the time. Now it's the leftists who are complaining when it's their party that constantly does the same thing. When they control businesses via taxation it's fine and dandy. When a Republican does the same thing, now be concerned about government interference with business.

You never said it was wrong either and you said that Delta should cave. But you are right, the left/Dems do this sort of stuff all the time as it is a "left" thing to do. But now the right is joining and those on the right are cheering it happening. What that does is move the country to the left twice as fast than it it were just the left doing this sort of thing.

Let's be honest, you are only against what Delta did because they did it to the NRA. Had they done it to the BLM you would be fine with the standing up to the Govt.

It would have been better for his business, but then he would have to go against the creed of his religion. Apples and oranges really. Delta caved because of political pressure. They actually started this themselves.

It doesn't matter why the caved, they are a private business and you should be supporting their freedom to cave if they choose to. In this story Delta is not the biggest issue, the much bigger issue is that the Ga LtGov and Senate choose to do what they did, something you would have major issues with had it been NY and they were doing because someone took away a discount for 13 Planned parenthood members.

The NRA is simply a gun group. They do everything legal, everything by the book, they advocate gun safety and promote our Constitutional right to bear arms. They had absolutely nothing to do with the school shooting. So why are they being punished? Because they are an organization hated by the left, so they dragged the NRA into this school shooting story somehow, and then Delta punishes them on top of it.

Punishes them? By removing a discount that very few even used? Really?

Besides, for the state gov't to punish Delta for a business decision is the state overstepping its bounds by a huge margin.

Delta isn't going anywhere. Perhaps they could threaten to outsource some functions out of state but I haven't read anything to that affect. The question I have seen poised in magazines such as Fortune is whether Georgia just shot itself in the foot with regard to Atlanta's bid for Amazon HQ2?

You are on the board of Delta. Your job is to keep prices down, make investors happy, and make your company competitive.

So what's cheaper, giving the NRA their stupid discounts back, or spending tens of millions of dollars moving your operation to another city or state?

Well if you decide on the latter, then expect your investors to sell their stock as fast as somebody will buy them.

They choose to tell the Ga Senate to fuck off, they will not be forced to give another private entity a discount no matter how hard statist like you want them to.

It's called competition with other States, that's a good thing.....you throw around the word "statist" to liberally and it's not in context

Your logic escapes me. Can you explain how the government of Georgia trying to force one private entity to give a financial discount to another private entity is an example of competition with other states?

A statist is "advocate of a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs." I say that the the government of Georgia trying to force one private entity to give a financial discount to another private entity is the a textbook example of state having (or trying to have) substantial control over economic affairs

Your logic escapes me. Can you explain how the government of Georgia trying to force one private entity to give a financial discount to another private entity is an example of competition with other states?

A statist is "advocate of a political system in which the state has substantial centralized control over social and economic affairs." I say that the the government of Georgia trying to force one private entity to give a financial discount to another private entity is the a textbook example of state having (or trying to have) substantial control over economic affairs

Bull.... They probably gave Delta those tax breaks to bring or keep them there to begin with... ..States and local governments are always doing that it's, part of the competitive process between state and local governments

Forum List

Back