Georgia Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

That the government commits acts of religious injustice elsewhere does not mean they are excused when they it in this case.

I think you are denigrating older people when you say it doesn't matter if some of them have to put up with a prayer meeting before they get a government financed meal.

There was no religious injustice. there were some people being thankful in the time honored way of their traditions.

And do you know that more than the meal was subsidized by the government?

And No other old people complained. As it said in the article a few people who work for the organization who were visiting complained. They weren't even regular attendees.

Why aren't you calling for the halt of Obama saying God Bless America. Or are you willing to put up with that particular injustice as you call it?

At least be consistent in your ridiculousness.

How do you know I haven't called for Obama to stop saying "God Bless America" You don't know. Just like you don't know anything about the people at that senior center and how some may not agree with the prayer meeting before dinner can be served.

Have you. Yes or no?

Do you have proof that you did? Have you written a letter to your representatives about the religious injustice perpetrated by the government every time a politician says God Bless?

Have you written to the president that every time you handle U.S. currency that you are being treated unjustly?

Certainly if you are willing to stop subsidizing meals for old people because they like to say grace, you must have been outraged enough to actually do something about the religious injustice in the world.

Let's see the letters to the editor or to your rep or some pictures of your rallies against religious injustice.

Or are you just another full of shit liberal who in the name of tolerance is one of the most intolerant assholes in this country?

My guess is the latter. But feel free to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
But Senior Citizens Inc. officials said Friday the meals they are contracted by the city to provide to Ed Young visitors are mostly covered with federal money, which ushers in the burden of separating church and state.

On Thursday, the usual open prayer before meals at the center was traded in for a moment of silence.

The dilemma is being hashed out by the Port Wentworth city attorney, said Mayor Glenn "Pig" Jones.

Tim Rutherford, Senior Citizens Inc. vice president, said some of his staff recently visited the center and noticed people praying shortly before lunch was served. Rutherford said his company provides meals like baked chicken, steak tips and rice and salads at a cost of about $6 a plate. Seniors taking the meals pay 55 cents and federal money foots the rest of the bill, Rutherford said.

"We can't scoff at their rules," he said of federal authorities. "It's a part of the operational guidelines."

Rutherford said the moment of silence was introduced to protect that funding. He said although the change may have been misinterpreted, perhaps his company could have done a better job selling it.

"It's interpreted that we're telling people that they can't pray, but we aren't saying that," he said. "We're asking them to pray to themselves. Have that moment of silence."

Mayor Jones said he was outraged by the change and has promised to find a solution.

Ga. Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

What a sad state of affairs our country is in.

What do y'all think? Should anyone who receives meals funded by the government, have their right to pray before the meal stripped from them?

This is a direct violation of people's first ammendment right to freedom of religion.

It is also is a violation of church and state for the state to threaten pulling funding over religious prayer.

There was no religious injustice. there were some people being thankful in the time honored way of their traditions.

And do you know that more than the meal was subsidized by the government?

And No other old people complained. As it said in the article a few people who work for the organization who were visiting complained. They weren't even regular attendees.

Why aren't you calling for the halt of Obama saying God Bless America. Or are you willing to put up with that particular injustice as you call it?

At least be consistent in your ridiculousness.

How do you know I haven't called for Obama to stop saying "God Bless America" You don't know. Just like you don't know anything about the people at that senior center and how some may not agree with the prayer meeting before dinner can be served.

Have you. Yes or no?

Do you have proof that you did? Have you written a letter to your representatives about the religious injustice perpetrated by the government every time a politician says God Bless?

Have you written to the president that every time you handle U.S. currency that you are being treated unjustly?

Certainly if you are willing to stop subsidizing meals for old people because they like to say grace, you must have been outraged enough to actually do something about the religious injustice in the world.

Let's see the letters to the editor or to your rep or some pictures of your rallies against religious injustice.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry pal, I don't post my private correspondence or pics on message boards.

:lol:

Have you. Yes or no?

So that's a no then. You have no proof. thought not

Have you. Yes or no?

Wow, I'd call you a liar but you didn't actually say you were calling for Obama to stop saying "God Bless America". You phrased it in the form of a question..then refused to provide proof. Let's face it, there is no proof because you have not called for Obama to stop saying "God Bless America". Why you have a problem with seniors saying grace before a meal is beyond me but it must have something to do with your hatred of Christianity. I can't help but wonder if the same thing would have happened had these people been speaking a Muslim prayer instead of a Christian one.

So we shouldn't protect the religious freedom of people who are not passive?

It seems to me that it is the people at this senior center who are inflicting their little piety demonstration on the others who lack common sense, tolerance and a thick skin.

Why is it some Christians are so insecure in their faith that they must make public displays of it to the point where others are made to feel uncomfortable if they don't join in?

If you're so fucking insecure in your beliefs that others expressing theirs makes you uneasy then you have bigger problems than a few old people saying grace.
:lol: Clearly, since you are now resorting expletives, it's you who is insecure.

Sorry you don't care what old people have to put up with. If we are lucky we will be old some day too. May you gain wisdom in your sunset years.

May you gain some tolerance in yours.

It wasn't free. the old folks paid something.

55 ct, for a 6 $ meal. lol, i want in on that deal, i would shut up for that, too. maybe even praise the gubmint

It wasn't free. What don't you understand about the definition of the word?

why so pissy? even if they paid a fig-leaf, no one forced them to eat there, right? and i still want in on a deal like that. i would feel like i totally earned it, too. even if i only paid 1 ct and got a meal worth 1000 dolares, after all, i paid 1 ct for it. :lol:

55 ct, for a 6 $ meal. lol, i want in on that deal, i would shut up for that, too. maybe even praise the gubmint

why so pissy? even if they paid a fig-leaf, no one forced them to eat there, right? and i still want in on a deal like that. i would feel like i totally earned it, too. even if i only paid 1 ct and got a meal worth 1000 dolares, after all, i paid 1 ct for it. :lol:

Wow asking a simple question is being pissy?

Do you really care if some old folks said grace before eating a government subsidized meal? Honestly now.

Do you really care if some old folks said grace before eating a government subsidized meal? Honestly now.

yeah, pissy. even more so now.

yeah, pissy. even more so now.

So a simple answer to a simple question is beyond you?

Forum List

Back