Georgia Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

honestly now, anguille. don't you think that poor old seniors can say grace aloud on food subsidized by the gubmint? yes or no

Well we already know what she thinks. She thinks that seniors saying grace is a "religious injustice". I asked you what you think.
Better answer, L.K.

interrogation-chair.jpg

Sulk Pilot has his ways of getting answers ......

honestly now, anguille. don't you think that poor old seniors can say grace aloud on food subsidized by the gubmint? yes or no

Well we already know what she thinks. She thinks that seniors saying grace is a "religious injustice". I asked you what you think.
Better answer, L.K.

interrogation-chair.jpg

What's the point of coming to a message board and refusing to answer simple questions?

Face it; it's fucking moronic to believe that some old folks saying grace is some sort of plot to force their religious values on you.

And FYI the bare light bulb shtick doesn't work. I'm more of an electric shock kind of guy

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rg91_taken-scene_shortfilms

Last edited:

Better answer, L.K.

interrogation-chair.jpg

The answers are in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, southand northsomewhat.

Because you have what they don't. Common sense, tolerance and thick skin.
So we shouldn't protect the religious freedom of people who are not passive?

It seems to me that it is the people at this senior center who are inflicting their little piety demonstration on the others who lack common sense, tolerance and a thick skin.

Why is it some Christians are so insecure in their faith that they must make public displays of it to the point where others are made to feel uncomfortable if they don't join in?

If you're so fucking insecure in your beliefs that others expressing theirs makes you uneasy then you have bigger problems than a few old people saying grace.

She's an intolerant atheist that would push her views of no religious activity in the public domain on everyone around her if she could. This is exactly why you keep the federal government and their money out of as many things as you are able too. They'll keep distorting 'separation of church and state' to the point where religious expression will be banned completely. How often has she and others on this thread continually said 'keep it to yourself'? Where do you think they feel they have the right to curtail other's freedom of speech? They won't stop until they've wiped it out completely.

I fail to see why so many people are "offended" by this.

It seems to me that it is the people at this senior center who are inflicting their little piety demonstration on the others who lack common sense, tolerance and a thick skin.

Why is it some Christians are so insecure in their faith that they must make public displays of it to the point where others are made to feel uncomfortable if they don't join in?
What? Now it was a demonstration? C'mon Anguille. That is just ridiculous.
Seems the ultimate liberal sin is making someone feel 'uncomfortable'.

When we all retire to the USMB Home For The Aged there promise to be some lively disputes in the dining hall. ;)

Once a year on Scout Sunday, we visit a different church. The last time was very, very strange. The people were hootin and hollerin and waving flags and streamers around. I asked my son what he thought. He said "Way cool".

That's the way I was raised. I went to a couple synogogues, Baptist churches, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc. and what some may find "uncomfortable" I found "way cool".

Doesn't learning about other cultures involve religion? You'd think people would value that. Guess not.

A 30 sec. prayer should not ruin anyone's appetite. If so, they should seek medical attention.

Once a year on Scout Sunday, we visit a different church. The last time was very, very strange. The people were hootin and hollerin and waving flags and streamers around. I asked my son what he thought. He said "Way cool".

That's the way I was raised. I went to a couple synogogues, Baptist churches, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc. and what some may find "uncomfortable" I found "way cool".

Doesn't learning about other cultures involve religion? You'd think people would value that. Guess not.

A 30 sec. prayer should not ruin anyone's appetite. If so, they should seek medical attention.
Attending a religious event by choice is one thing. I've been to a few and have found them generally to be either weird or boring. Sometimes the music is good. Everytime I went to one it was my choice to be there and I was respectful even if I did not participate. I doubt at this senior home the pushy prayer group bothers to ask first if anyone minds if they do put on their little show.

Just because you think a 30 second prayer should not ruin anyone's appetite doesn't mean it never happens. Just because you have a warm and fuzzy relationship with religion or other people's religions and like to see it infiltrating every aspect of public life does not mean other people have or do also.

No wonder more and more people turn to atheism or reject organised religion. It's attitudes like yours, chanel, and of those proselytizing seniors and of several of the Christofascists in this thread that alienate people from religion.

When we all retire to the USMB Home For The Aged there promise to be some lively disputes in the dining hall. ;)

And I'll be saying grace out-loud before we eat, anybody care to join me? Strangely enough, I seldom say grace but there is no way I'm gonna let someone take that right away from me.

Attending a religious event by choice is one thing. I've been to a few and have found them generally to be either weird or boring. Sometimes the music is good. Everytime I went to one it was my choice to be there and I was respectful even if I did not participate. I doubt at this senior home the pushy prayer group bothers to ask first if anyone minds if they do put on their little show.

Just because you think a 30 second prayer should not ruin anyone's appetite doesn't mean it never happens. Just because you have a warm and fuzzy relationship with religion or other people's religions and like to see it infiltrating every aspect of public life does not mean other people have or do also.

No wonder more and more people turn to atheism or reject organised religion. It's attitudes like yours, chanel, and of those proselytizing seniors and of several of the Christofascists in this thread that alienate people from religion.

So now they were proselytizing? Good grief, they said grace before they ate. There was no "demonstration" no "forced prayer" no "proselytizing".

Let's put it to a vote. Maybe some of the seniors don't want to eat unless they pray. If those that vomit during prayer outnumber those that are sickened without it, then they win. K Ang? I don't want to be guilty of alienating people from organized religion. :eek:

BTW - Which religion was this? Non-denominational?

Let's put it to a vote. Maybe some of the seniors don't want to eat unless they pray. If those that vomit during prayer outnumber those that are sickened without it, then they win. K Ang? I don't want to be guilty of alienating people from organized religion. :eek:

Beneath your sarcasm, chanel, I detect a glimmer of hope that you will one day embrace separation of church and state. When the Radical Atheists take over the world and folks like Newby and Sheila and boedicca and Sulk Pilot are banished to the Gulag, I will plead clemency for your case. I believe you have potential for rehabilitation. :tongue:

Beneath your sarcasm, chanel, I detect a glimmer of hope that you will one day embrace separation of church and state. When the Radical Atheists take over the world and folks like Newby and Sheila and boedicca and Sulk Pilot are banished to the Gulag, I will plead clemency for your case. I believe you have potential for rehabilitation. :tongue:

When you can show how some people saying grace outloud before a meal is the 'state' mandating a national religion, you might have a point. Until then, you have no point. Separation of church and state was just as much for the protection of the church from the power of the state as it was to protect the state from religion. You are guilty of trying to use the state to curtail religous freedom, you are in violation of that creed far more than some people saying grace before dinner.

Quit robbing my wallet and they can do as they want.
The real story here is why am I, and not their families, paying for their meals?
Plenty of wannahbe conservatives here.

Last edited:

I think the point is that prayer ought to be optional and not forced upon anyone. Having thirty seconds of silence accomplishes this.

So now they were proselytizing? Good grief, they said grace before they ate. There was no "demonstration" no "forced prayer" no "proselytizing".

What is your objection to the prayer being said silently so that it includes others who aren't Christian?

And I'll be saying grace out-loud before we eat, anybody care to join me? Strangely enough, I seldom say grace but there is no way I'm gonna let someone take that right away from me.

That figures. A prayer out loud is only meaningful to you as a political act. That is the whole point of protesting a forced prayer in public.

For the record, I say a prayer before eating. In public, or mixed company I say it silently and I don't fold my hands in prayer. I say the prayer outloud only at home or with my Buddhist community. How do you think the seniors would feel about being forced to recite a Buddhist prayer before eating?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back