Georgia Seniors Told They Can't Pray Before Meals

Once a year on Scout Sunday, we visit a different church. The last time was very, very strange. The people were hootin and hollerin and waving flags and streamers around. I asked my son what he thought. He said "Way cool".

That's the way I was raised. I went to a couple synogogues, Baptist churches, Presbyterian, Methodist, etc. and what some may find "uncomfortable" I found "way cool".

Doesn't learning about other cultures involve religion? You'd think people would value that. Guess not.

A 30 sec. prayer should not ruin anyone's appetite. If so, they should seek medical attention.

I think the point is that prayer ought to be optional and not forced upon anyone. Having thirty seconds of silence accomplishes this.

My guess is that those who didn't want to pray were free to start eating while the others were saying their grace. Where have you come up with this idea that anyone was forced to do anything? Are they not allowed to talk about religion while they're eating as well, or is that forcing religion on others around the table as well? This shows how fragile freedom of speech is, they will grasp at anything to curtail it.

Let's put it to a vote. Maybe some of the seniors don't want to eat unless they pray. If those that vomit during prayer outnumber those that are sickened without it, then they win. K Ang? I don't want to be guilty of alienating people from organized religion. :eek:

BTW - Which religion was this? Non-denominational?
Beneath your sarcasm, chanel, I detect a glimmer of hope that you will one day embrace separation of church and state. When the Radical Atheists take over the world and folks like Newby and Sheila and boedicca and Sulk Pilot are banished to the Gulag, I will plead clemency for your case. I believe you have potential for rehabilitation. :tongue:

Hey idiot

Did you miss the part where I have said several times that I am an atheist?

I simply choose not to be an intolerant asshole.

Let's put it to a vote. Maybe some of the seniors don't want to eat unless they pray. If those that vomit during prayer outnumber those that are sickened without it, then they win. K Ang? I don't want to be guilty of alienating people from organized religion. :eek:

Beneath your sarcasm, chanel, I detect a glimmer of hope that you will one day embrace separation of church and state. When the Radical Atheists take over the world and folks like Newby and Sheila and boedicca and Sulk Pilot are banished to the Gulag, I will plead clemency for your case. I believe you have potential for rehabilitation. :tongue:

When you can show how some people saying grace outloud before a meal is the 'state' mandating a national religion, you might have a point. Until then, you have no point. Separation of church and state was just as much for the protection of the church from the power of the state as it was to protect the state from religion. You are guilty of trying to use the state to curtail religous freedom, you are in violation of that creed far more than some people saying grace before dinner.
Off to the Gulag with you, Missy. :tongue:

You support seniors risking loosing federally funded meals all because illicit displays of religious piety are more important to you than seniors being well nourished.

Where are your values? :cuckoo:

Hey idiot

Who cares if you are an atheist? Do you think that gives you special privileges?
Off to the Gulag with you too. :lol:

Hey idiot

Who cares if you are an atheist? Do you think that gives you special privileges?

Typical lefty looney asshole thinking.

Agree with me or be banished.

The intolerant left speaks.

Hey idiot

Typical loony humor-impaired asshole thinking.

You should be shot for that. :razz:

Typical loony humor-impaired asshole thinking.

You should be shot for that. :razz:

I thought you moonbats didn't believe in violence.

Maybe you should just line up all those old folks and shoot them for committing a "religious injustice" against you

Last edited:

When you can show how some people saying grace outloud before a meal is the 'state' mandating a national religion, you might have a point. Until then, you have no point. Separation of church and state was just as much for the protection of the church from the power of the state as it was to protect the state from religion. You are guilty of trying to use the state to curtail religous freedom, you are in violation of that creed far more than some people saying grace before dinner.

You support seniors risking loosing federally funded meals all because illicit displays of religious piety are more important to you than seniors being well nourished.

I'd tell them to take their federal dollars and shove them up their ass, that's where my values are. If I have to give up my freedom of speech and religion for their dirty money, I don't want it. There are charities everywhere that would provide for them if they really needed it. Federal money is obviously the venue to curtail rights and take freedoms away, you can have your nanny state, I don't want it.

I'd tell them to take their federal dollars and shove them up their ass, that's where my values are. If I have to give up my freedom of speech and religion for their dirty money, I don't want it. There are charities everywhere that would provide for them if they really needed it. Federal money is obviously the venue to curtail rights and take freedoms away, you can have your nanny state, I don't want it.
Down, girl!!!

Down, girl!!!

Federal dollars shouldn't come with strings attached. Where are your values? :tongue:

Down, girl!!!

Federal dollars shouldn't come with strings attached. Where are your values? :tongue:
Just curious ... did you have snit also when Obama made it illegal for religious organizations receiving federal funding to discriminate in hiring against people not of the organization's same faith?

Down, girl!!!

Just curious ... did you have snit also when Obama made it illegal for religious organizations receiving federal funding to discriminate in hiring against people not of the organization's same faith?

Don't take federal dollars and you have no curtailment of your freedoms. It's that simple. Why does accepting federal money mean they can dictate your every action? Keep pushing the iron fist that comes with accepting federal money, and hopefully more people will wise up and tell them to shove it. This is the cause of many of our problems including state governments that are manipulated by federal dollars. It gives the fed way too much power and it has to be stopped.

Don't take federal dollars and you have no curtailment of your freedoms. It's that simple. Why does accepting federal money mean they can dictate your every action? Keep pushing the iron fist that comes with accepting federal money, and hopefully more people will wise up and tell them to shove it. This is the cause of many of our problems including state governments that are manipulated by federal dollars. It gives the fed way too much power and it has to be stopped.

Do you know what separation of Church and State means?

Do you know what separation of Church and State means?

Yes, I do. You do not.

Forum List

Back