Germany’s coronavirus anomaly: high infection rates but few deaths

The common denominator.
beers_brats.jpg
This picture makes me hungry :bow3:

They've probably done a lot more testing. Makes the # of cases look higher?

They've put health care above war and partisan politics maybe?

They are like a millenial...they live in the basement of the United States....living off the protection provided by the U.S.....the medical innovation provided by the U.S......and then asshats like you say they are better than the U.S....

Without the U.S. Germans would be speaking Russian and putin would be their President for life....

They don't need our protection. No one is threatening them. Just because we have imaginary monsters around every corner that doesn't make it so for every other country.

They concentrated on keeping their industry strong and health care. We chase monsters we see blocking the road to our greed.

Germany is strategically situated for American and British military bases. It was a stopover point for the Iraq War. The biggest American hospital outside the US is in Landstuhl. And has a good reputation for treating burns. Which many American soldiers had suffered from during that war.

Iraq war......imaginary monsters......17 years of wasted wealth that could have been put to far better use.

And longer than 17 years in Afghanistan and given the chance they can not wait to begin war with Iran, they will never learn they are NOT ABLE to win these Wars, they just get in the quagmire and look now the intent original to go into Afghanistan to remove The Taliban and now the Americans just signed a DEAL with The Taliban and so they have achieved ZERO only dead American soldiers and dead British soldiers. They will never learn. They have a National Debt in America of 22 TRILLION DOLLARS, essentially they are bankrupt, if they DO NOT keep raising their Debt Ceiling to borrow more MONEYS they default on the debt and then they are fucked, they are OWNED by China and China OWN a good deal of their National Debt and they are at the mercy of China for their medical equipment, they need to pay attention to the thing that is important HOW they fix the shitstorm that is beginning to surround them, the twin shitstorms of 22 TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT and China.

I don't see it that way. I live in the centre of Germany, and have watched this stuff going on for years. The Americans are not the only "squatters" here. Some days I wonder which country I am in. I hear languages I don't know what they are.

Without doubts Germany has the best health health system in the world.

The coronavirus crisis has hit Germany with full force. Infections are increasing rapidly, schools, factories and bars have closed across the country, and government measures to slow the outbreak are becoming more draconian by the day. In one crucial way, however, the country is proving remarkably resilient: relative to known infections, the number of deaths has so far been minuscule. According to data from Johns Hopkins University, there were 13,979 coronavirus infections in Germany on Thursday afternoon, more than in any other country except China, Italy, Iran and Spain.
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F08862f5c-6ab2-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

At the same time, Germany had only registered 42 deaths. Neighbouring France, by contrast, reported 9,058 infections and 243 deaths. Spain had 17,395 infections and 803 deaths. The US, the UK, Italy and even South Korea all show case fatality rates significantly higher than Germany.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Who knows! Maybe their national health service is one of the best in our planet or maybe Germans were just lucky for now. :dunno:
Of course I hope the first theory (an excellent health system) is the right one :)

It is a good system. I experience it. But it is not cheap. The English would refuse to pay that kind of money. And now the hospitals are privatised, and out to make a profit.

They are like a millenial...they live in the basement of the United States....living off the protection provided by the U.S.....the medical innovation provided by the U.S......and then asshats like you say they are better than the U.S....

Without the U.S. Germans would be speaking Russian and putin would be their President for life....

They don't need our protection. No one is threatening them. Just because we have imaginary monsters around every corner that doesn't make it so for every other country.

They concentrated on keeping their industry strong and health care. We chase monsters we see blocking the road to our greed.

Germany is strategically situated for American and British military bases. It was a stopover point for the Iraq War. The biggest American hospital outside the US is in Landstuhl. And has a good reputation for treating burns. Which many American soldiers had suffered from during that war.

Iraq war......imaginary monsters......17 years of wasted wealth that could have been put to far better use.

And longer than 17 years in Afghanistan and given the chance they can not wait to begin war with Iran, they will never learn they are NOT ABLE to win these Wars, they just get in the quagmire and look now the intent original to go into Afghanistan to remove The Taliban and now the Americans just signed a DEAL with The Taliban and so they have achieved ZERO only dead American soldiers and dead British soldiers. They will never learn. They have a National Debt in America of 22 TRILLION DOLLARS, essentially they are bankrupt, if they DO NOT keep raising their Debt Ceiling to borrow more MONEYS they default on the debt and then they are fucked, they are OWNED by China and China OWN a good deal of their National Debt and they are at the mercy of China for their medical equipment, they need to pay attention to the thing that is important HOW they fix the shitstorm that is beginning to surround them, the twin shitstorms of 22 TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT and China.

23 Trillion in debt and about to completely blow that number out of the water.

I don't see it that way. I live in the centre of Germany, and have watched this stuff going on for years. The Americans are not the only "squatters" here. Some days I wonder which country I am in. I hear languages I don't know what they are.

You are British NOBODY force you to be in Germany, if you have problem with Germany go back to Britain or go to America you would be at home in New York City.

23 Trillion in debt and about to completely blow that number out of the water.

A debt that massive is not sustainable, it is insane 23 Trillion is the insane number.

There are foreign military bases all over the world. The Americans have Souda Bay, and there are two British sovereign installations in Cyprus.

The Mediterranean has always been a contentious area, going back to ancient times. And still is.

The Germans have one in Reston VA. Just outside DC.

The coronavirus crisis has hit Germany with full force. Infections are increasing rapidly, schools, factories and bars have closed across the country, and government measures to slow the outbreak are becoming more draconian by the day. In one crucial way, however, the country is proving remarkably resilient: relative to known infections, the number of deaths has so far been minuscule. According to data from Johns Hopkins University, there were 13,979 coronavirus infections in Germany on Thursday afternoon, more than in any other country except China, Italy, Iran and Spain.
http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F08862f5c-6ab2-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

At the same time, Germany had only registered 42 deaths. Neighbouring France, by contrast, reported 9,058 infections and 243 deaths. Spain had 17,395 infections and 803 deaths. The US, the UK, Italy and even South Korea all show case fatality rates significantly higher than Germany.

Who knows! Maybe their national health service is one of the best in our planet or maybe Germans were just lucky for now. :dunno:
Of course I hope the first theory (an excellent health system) is the right one :)

It is a good system. I experience it. But it is not cheap. The English would refuse to pay that kind of money. And now the hospitals are privatised, and out to make a profit.
You're lucky to have an health system like that Mindful :)

You are British NOBODY force you to be in Germany, if you have problem with Germany go back to Britain or go to America you would be at home in New York City.

Where did I say I have a problem with Germany?

Where did I say I have a problem with Germany?

You have more squatters eg in London the majority of London is African and Middle East last time I was in London the only area that I notice British peoples this was when I went to Pimlico and Mayfair every other area African and Middle East and also the Mayor of that city the capital London a Pakistani Muslim if a nations capital city in the control of a hostile entity that nation is fucked within 10-15 years approx.

You were very Pro-Brexit for Britain to go from the EU so why not back in Britain? The ONLY British I know who now are in European nations are the Anti-Brexit ones who think they can only survive by being in an EU nation. They also should go back to their own nation to support their own nation.

I don't know if it's true but I've read somewhere on the web that British military bases in Germany are being closed by the end of this year.
Is that true? :eusa_think:

What is Philippines health system like? I add that we like your President and how he is dealing with drug gangs by having Police Death Squads on the streets to shoot them. Drug gangs and drug dealers need to be executed in this way.

What is Philippines health system like? I add that we like your President and how he is dealing with drug gangs by having Police Death Squads on the streets to shoot them. Drug gangs and drug dealers need to be executed in this way.

While we have many problems, I am glad we still have Constitutional protects against guilty until proven innocent.

There are foreign military bases all over the world. The Americans have Souda Bay, and there are two British sovereign installations in Cyprus.

The Mediterranean has always been a contentious area, going back to ancient times. And still is.

The Germans have one in Reston VA. Just outside DC.

Yes the British could be assisting the Greek army to protect our External Border but they are not what do the British troops in Cyprus do?. We were in Cyprus near 3 weeks ago because the Cypriot Ministry of Interior invited us to go for 24 hours this because we had asked them in the event Erdogan decide to weaponise Muh Migrants and send them to Cyprus then Cyprus are NOT going to be able to cope. We will assist Cyprus like we now assist Greece on the ground with Security Personnel to fight the attempts at violating our External Border.

While we have many problems, I am glad we still have Constitutional protects against guilty until proven innocent.

If they are on the streets dealing the drugs then they are not innocent they have the guilt in their hands.

I don't know if it's true but I've read somewhere on the web that British military bases in Germany are being closed by the end of this year.

I don't know. I'm in the American military zone.

Spain losing control of COVID-19, the totals today as now at 14.34PM:

Total Cases 24.926 New Cases 3.556 Total Deaths 1.326 New Deaths 233 Total Recovered 2.125 Active Cases 21.475 Serious/Critical 939

I've been hospitalized two times in 2019 at St.Luke's Medical Center. They treat me very well and I had no infections or other problems :)
I can say our health system is not as good as the German one. Anyways we have decent hospitals and good doctors :smile:
Do you really like our President Duterte? Some here think he's just populist and is doing almost nothing for us.
I think he has some negative sides but he's doing his job quite well ;)

I don't know. I'm in the American military zone.
Thanks anyway for the answer Mindful :smile:

Forum List

Back