Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

The adults working as janitors and maintenance workers need their jobs.

And they can take training for better jobs, if they want. Choices...choices...choices.

Please focus. Newt is not proposing retraining janitors for better paying jobs. Newt is proposing having children do an adult's job, which means that the adults will be laid off.

Choices...choices...choices. Now I could be as unfair in my post and spin that Liberals are against choices. But I won't because I don't BS.

Progressives certainly are against individual choices... That's what they do - they attempt to control society... They want a zombie utopia where everyone thinks the same, acts the same and believes in the same ideas ....

They favor bigger government and less responsibility on the individual... They're certainly collectivists who don't tolerate individualism...

But......if the parents have living wage jobs.....those kids can concentrate on their studies......and on being kids.

They get to be 15 or 16 and want to push fries or stock shelves.....great. But to HAVE TO in order to help support the family.................not a good thing.

omg... raise your kids the way you want. nobody is forcing any kids to HAVE TO GO WORK. gawd forbid.

Do you know how stupid that I think you are? How many times will you misunderstand the meaning of my comments before you get one right?

let me see if I care?

nope

you need to get out more. Many kids have helped to support their families in family farms and stores...and I'll be I bet they grew up just fine.

Last edited:

And they can take training for better jobs, if they want. Choices...choices...choices.

Please focus. Newt is not proposing retraining janitors for better paying jobs. Newt is proposing having children do an adult's job, which means that the adults will be laid off.

And he's talking about busting Unions.

Hmm..anybody know what kind of jobs Newt held? :lol:

What is this?? damage control for the ignorant???

No, the truth is that progressive fools such as yourself took Newts words out of context then tried to bash him for no fucking reason like the typical hateful progressives you are and then you got beaten back with the logic stick..

The solution to your argument and point is that kids shouldn't be cleaning toilets but should be doing skilled work without possessing a skill given the notion they're kids - that or they shouldn't work at all.

I'm not even a Newt supporter - I just find your opposition ignorant...

"out of context"

Child_labor.jpg

:rofl:

This is not what Gingrich or any others who support this idea are talking about and you know it.

No, we don't know it. And, to be honest, I don't trust your kind with the welfare of cheap child labor

Focus? How about you beeing acquainted with the issues:

Gingrich Says That Unemployment Compensation Should Be Tied to Training Programs, People Shouldn’t Receive Money for Doing Nothing
Gingrich Says That Unemployment Compensation Should Be Tied to Training Programs, People Shouldn

"out of context"

Child_labor.jpg

:rofl:

This is not what Gingrich or any others who support this idea are talking about and you know it.

That's exactly what Newt is talking about doing.

I don't know how we live in a country that has absolutely no problem with one person accruing over 24 billion in personal wealth by essential packaging and selling things developed in government labs on the tax payer dime..but wants to let kids work in adult jobs.

What the fuck is wrong with you???

If you actually believe that shit then you're a dumb person...

It's almost like you fools are threatened that a bunch of kids with toilet brushes and work ethic will come and take your job...

There is something wrong with you if you believe 11-year-olds that are willing to scrub a toilet for a few bucks is threatening...

Besides in what universe do kids not have the right to work???

How selfish is that???

Last edited:

And he's talking about busting Unions.

Retraining janitors is, oh never mind. :rolleyes:

Maybe most of us on the board just don;t know what it really is like to be poor. I was there with those children and families who just couldn't provide what most of us have.

Listen to what they got for Christmas. A coloring book and crayons, and one told me his father killed Santa so he wouldn't be coming. Watch what they wear after Christmas. Forget the nice duds, some still showed up in pajamas. I bought more belts, shoes, socks and made scarfs and bought their valentines and Halloween costumes than you'll ever see. I made a store in my room full of Barbie dolls and cars and toys that they could earn with merits for good work and wonderful manners.

Don;t tell me what is good or bad. I have seen the bad and sometimes there no chance of recovery. Parents want to help, but usually can't. I tried my damnest to give them self confidence, skills and what I could. And the can and do work hard. Let them have the rewards that others never got but never deserved.

oh get off of your fucking cross, martyr. You don't know how much poverty any of us have known and it sure as hell doesn't support your side's "comic book and candy" position by acknowledging that poverty stricken families might become a greater force for kids to work than the bullshit that is being sold as caviar by Newt.

That's exactly what Newt is talking about doing.

I don't know how we live in a country that has absolutely no problem with one person accruing over 24 billion in personal wealth by essential packaging and selling things developed in government labs on the tax payer dime..but wants to let kids work in adult jobs.

It's almost like you fools are threatened that a bunch of kids with toilet brushes and work ethic will come and take your job...

There is something wrong with you if you believe 11-year-olds that are willing to scrub a toilet for a few bucks is threatening...

How selfish is that???

They BELIEVE they are being kind. remember they supposedly CARE MORE.

Besides whats wrong with cleaning toilets???

One of my uncles built a cleaning empire cleaning toilets and the other works as a custodian making like 35 bucks an hour...

Cleaning toilets can equate into big bucks if you stick with it....

you are a lying motherfucker if you are suggesting that "sticking with it" will eventually amount to 35.hr in the janitorial field.

Ask them how quickly they ran to get hepatitis shots and how strict they are with blood born pathogens.

No if you stick with it you will get ahead..

When I was a kid we were poor.. My mom took a simple bookkeeping job at 3-4 bucks an hour back in 1986 or so and you know what??? today shes the CFO of a company making 6 figures..

Yeah, my mother went from bookkeeper to CFO in 20 years...

again, bullshit. I've worked in the janitorial field myself long ago. general cleaners are not making that kind of money unless you contract your own business. And, then, we aren't talking about janitors anymore.

book keeping =/ janitors.

What you meant to say, :cuckoo: Please :cuckoo: Focus :cuckoo: for me, I am having a difficult time doing it for myself :cuckoo:

Is there a lobbyist's union?

Oh, wait, he's not a lobbyist. :lmao:

How selfish is that???

Are you serious? You think that Child Labor Laws are "selfish"?

No, we don't know it. And, to be honest, I don't trust your kind with the welfare of cheap child labor

Since when did we not have child labor laws???

In my state a child under 14 cant take a legal job...

Yes, BECAUSE OF CHILD LABOR LAWS. THE ONES THAT NEWT THINKS ARE TOO STRICT.

Is there a lobbyist's union?

Oh, wait, he's not a lobbyist. :lmao:

How selfish is that???

Are you serious? You think that Child Labor Laws are "selfish"?

You do realize child labor laws are in place not to protect a bunch of adult idiots jobs??

It seems your argument is about job security rather than the welfare of children...

You have to be at least 18 to work in any job that presents a risk to ones own welfare...

Since when did we not have child labor laws???

In my state a child under 14 cant take a legal job...

that's because us horrible libs decided kids shouldn't be put to work in sweatshops and improved society... something that for some incomprehensible reason, people like you hate.

reality: kids getting educated and being kids... good.
kids cleaning toilets... bad.

is there some personal reason you have for wanting to turn this country into a dickensian nightmare out of david copperfield or oliver twist?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back