Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

Traditionally, kids didn't have school in the summer so they could work the farms...

Rural kids still do work on the farm - that's how these idiots complaining about Newts comments get their food...

Of course the urban idiots believe their food comes from the "food fairy" it just shows up at their local grocery store.

You do realize child labor laws are in place not to protect a bunch of adult idiots jobs??

It seems your argument is about job security rather than the welfare of children...

You have to be at least 18 to work in any job that presents a risk to ones own welfare...

Child Labor Laws are in place to protect children, and to protect adult jobs. Both were goals of that legislation.

Yeah Jones, much better that these kids should be in gangs with nothing productive to do, learning drive by shooting, dealing dope and how to rape women and mug people, than getting paid for buffing floors in their schools right??

Who is ignorant and idiotic??:confused:

[QUOTE

Unbelievably naïve, ignorant, and idiotic. Gingrich is the ‘great intellectual’ of the right? Really?[/QUOTE]

This is not what Gingrich or any others who support this idea are talking about and you know it.

That's exactly what Newt is talking about doing.

I don't know how we live in a country that has absolutely no problem with one person accruing over 24 billion in personal wealth by essential packaging and selling things developed in government labs on the tax payer dime..but wants to let kids work in adult jobs.

What the fuck is wrong with you???

If you actually believe that shit then you're a dumb person...

It's almost like you fools are threatened that a bunch of kids with toilet brushes and work ethic will come and take your job...

There is something wrong with you if you believe 11-year-olds that are willing to scrub a toilet for a few bucks is threatening...

Besides in what universe do kids not have the right to work???

How selfish is that???

That's a disgusting mentality you have there..chief. Really disgusting.

Traditionally, kids didn't have school in the summer so they could work the farms...

Rural kids still do work on the farm - that's how these idiots complaining about Newts comments get their food...

Of course the urban idiots believe their food comes from the "food fairy" it just shows up at their local grocery store.

Whose farm are they working at?

most farms are corporate owned.... no child labor in sight.

That's exactly what Newt is talking about doing.

I don't know how we live in a country that has absolutely no problem with one person accruing over 24 billion in personal wealth by essential packaging and selling things developed in government labs on the tax payer dime..but wants to let kids work in adult jobs.

It's almost like you fools are threatened that a bunch of kids with toilet brushes and work ethic will come and take your job...

There is something wrong with you if you believe 11-year-olds that are willing to scrub a toilet for a few bucks is threatening...

How selfish is that???

no it isn't. it's called the REAL WORLD.

Hmm..anybody know what kind of jobs Newt held? :lol:

Is there a lobbyist's union?

Oh, wait, he's not a lobbyist. :lmao:

How selfish is that???

Are you serious? You think that Child Labor Laws are "selfish"?

Newt was a professor after he finished school..then became a politician. He didn't even bother with the Lawyer stuff..like Obama. So he's followed the same trajectory as Obama.

He's never held a private job outside of academia or politics.

How selfish is that???

Real "third" world.

It's been done here. It was a disgusting and revolting thing to do. Kids lost their childhood, fingers, limbs and lived short painful lives.

We've progressed since then. Alot.

No, we don't know it. And, to be honest, I don't trust your kind with the welfare of cheap child labor

Since when did we not have child labor laws???

In my state a child under 14 cant take a legal job...

that's because us horrible libs decided kids shouldn't be put to work in sweatshops and improved society... something that for some incomprehensible reason, people like you hate.

reality: kids getting educated and being kids... good.
kids cleaning toilets... bad.

is there some personal reason you have for wanting to turn this country into a dickensian nightmare out of david copperfield or oliver twist?

:lol:

I love how you progressives act like you're so great and everyone else is evil..

You don't know shit about history..... Kids worked back in the day because it was normal. Life expectancy was around 60 in 1930... If kids wanted money they earned it. Sometimes for themselves and sometimes for their family.... If they had pubic hair they were working...

If a kid didn't work it was shameful to him - and he probably didn't have any friends because they were all working...

I don't advocate 7-year-olds working, however if you're 14-15 you can work... In the past a 15-year-old was considered a man and in tribal communities a 15-year-old is a man...

The problem with our society is that we treat men/woman as children until they're 18....

18 has become what 12 was in the past...

Real "third" world.

It's been done here. It was a disgusting and revolting thing to do. Kids lost their childhood, fingers, limbs and lived short painful lives.

Progressed? to having our kids become couch potatoes, video playing zombies. You call that PROGRESSING.?
then we get someone like MaBelle Obama telling us OUR KIDS are too fat and a National Security risk..

Last edited:
Tell us Sat2 -- do you think that child labor laws that prevent kids from having gainful employment, where they can learn responsibility, individual initiative, self respect and confidence in themselves protects them?? Instead of that, they get peer pressure to join gangs where they learn criminal ethics, violence, drugs and disrespect for everyone but themselves Think man!!!

You do realize child labor laws are in place not to protect a bunch of adult idiots jobs??

It seems your argument is about job security rather than the welfare of children...

You have to be at least 18 to work in any job that presents a risk to ones own welfare...

Child Labor Laws are in place to protect children, and to protect adult jobs. Both were goals of that legislation.

Real "third" world.

I've never cut my finger off scrubbing a toilet..

I've done some high-risk jobs in my life but scrubbing a toilet or taking your food order wasn't one of them...

Not to mention you're fucking dumb if you believe anyone in society would allow a child to work high risk jobs...

If you think I would put a child in danger then you're fucking dumb.... No one is advocating that..

This is not what Gingrich or any others who support this idea are talking about and you know it.

No, we don't know it. And, to be honest, I don't trust your kind with the welfare of cheap child labor

Since when did we not have child labor laws???

In my state a child under 14 cant take a legal job...

are you kidding me? Maybe you need to find out why we DO have the restrictive laws that we do before you leap head first into the idiot pool.

seriously.

since WHEN? Oh you know, since the last time child labor was abused by your kind. sheesh..

Real "third" world.

I've never cut my finger off scrubbing a toilet..

I've done some high-risk jobs in my life but scrubbing a toilet or taking your food order wasn't one of them...

Not to mention you're fucking dumb if you believe anyone in society would allow a child to work high risk jobs...

If you think I would put a child in danger then you're fucking dumb.... No one is advocating that..

You also have an IQ of like one bazillion, stand around 7 feet tall, are bullet proof, can knock out Tyson with 2 punches..and think you can water torture me.

I'm at the point where I don't believe a fucking word you say.

I don't think you've been outside of mommy's basement in quite some time..and daddy's given you the keys to the car when you need to go to 7/11 for a slushie.

Forum List

Back