Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

[

I've never cut my finger off scrubbing a toilet..

I've done some high-risk jobs in my life but scrubbing a toilet or taking your food order wasn't one of them...

Not to mention you're fucking dumb if you believe anyone in society would allow a child to work high risk jobs...

If you think I would put a child in danger then you're fucking dumb.... No one is advocating that..

Newt is advocating that. Newt is advocating that children work in a job that does have significant risks.

No, we don't know it. And, to be honest, I don't trust your kind with the welfare of cheap child labor

Since when did we not have child labor laws???

In my state a child under 14 cant take a legal job...

are you kidding me? Maybe you need to find out why we DO have the restrictive laws that we do before you leap head first into the idiot pool.

seriously.

since WHEN? Oh you know, since the last time child labor was abused by your kind. sheesh..

Children were never abused...

You act like children were exploited and they weren't - they went to work to help their families and did so proudly..

It's not exactly like video games, TV and facebook took up their free time...

Besides the notion that every kid worked a dirty hazardous job pre-1960 is bullshit.

Oh and then we have the Revolutionary and Civil Wars in which kids as young as 10 were fighting and wanted to fight...

Hell the other day I was reading about this one kid who was 11 and continued to fight despite the fact he was continually returned to his parents several times - he always came back. Finally the Union army just gave him a gun and said go for it... He went on to become a general...

I forget his name but he was a man...

I suppose my point is that these "kids" did what they had to do to get by - they mimicked and wanted to be like their dads and the other men around them - because they wanted to be a man...

Men doing hard work built this country and your progressive values destroy it.....

[

I've never cut my finger off scrubbing a toilet..

I've done some high-risk jobs in my life but scrubbing a toilet or taking your food order wasn't one of them...

Not to mention you're fucking dumb if you believe anyone in society would allow a child to work high risk jobs...

If you think I would put a child in danger then you're fucking dumb.... No one is advocating that..

Newt is advocating that. Newt is advocating that children work in a job that does have significant risks.

Really? show me dummy......

You're just making shit up like the typical progressive you are - you lie...

Janitors work with chemicals, use power tools, and are frequently exposed to germs in bathrooms, and in the hallways after a little kid doesn't quite make it to the bathroom before they get sick.

This is adult work.

Of course children were exploited. Don't lie.

No they weren't....

They worked and probably didn't like working but if it came down to their family starving or them going to work - they went to work...

Did some do dangerous jobs I would certainly not approve of?? yes, but it was normal...

You can't judge a culture....

It was that culture that paved the way for you to be a free pompous idiot..

What did he say so wrong?? That kids should actually have some responsibility? Ooooooo BURN HIM AT THE STAKE.. MY GOD, he actually submitted that kids should be responsible for cleaning up after themselves. I know, I know.. according to the Mad Shitters logic (OWS) and the baby mama with 15 kids, SOMEBODY GOTTA PAY FOR MY KIDS.

You are a total fuckin' idiot.

That is all.

No they weren't....

They worked and probably didn't like working but if it came down to their family starving or them going to work - they went to work...

Did some do dangerous jobs I would certainly not approve of?? yes, but it was normal...

This makes no sense. You're admitting that they were exploited, but you don't like for us to use the word exploited. And the point is not to "judge a culture". The point is to keep our current culture, where 9 year olds aren't expected to clean the bathrooms at their school so that the school system can save money by laying off an adult janitor.

Janitors work with chemicals, use power tools, and are frequently exposed to germs in bathrooms, and in the hallways after a little kid doesn't quite make it to the bathroom before they get sick.

This is adult work.

God forbid, I bet you don't have any cleaning supplies...

:lol:

Only would a progressive find cleaning a bathroom dangerous.. :lol:

God forbid your 12-year-old may drink your draino and use the furniture polish as hair spray....

I suppose if we treat them as lazy morons then they will become lazy morons...

God forbid your 12-year-old may drink your draino and use the furniture polish as hair spray....

You cannot be for real. Yes, bleach and ammonia are dangerous chemicals. Why don't you know this?

No they weren't....

This makes no sense. You're admitting that they were exploited, but you don't like for us to use the word exploited. And the point is not to "judge a culture". The point is to keep our current culture, where 9 year olds aren't expected to clean the bathrooms at their school so that the school system can save money by laying off an adult janitor.

In order to be exploited one has to be a combatant....

Conceding ever so slightly to flak he’s taken for calling child labor laws “stupid” and suggesting that schools fire janitors and replace with them poor kids, GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich got more specific today, saying working-class students should be limited to jobs like cleaning bathrooms. Bowing to concerns that janitorial work is dangerous, Gingrich floated, “What if they became assistant janitors and their jobs were to mop the floor and clean the bathroom?

And this is the GOP's "Great White Hope"? :cuckoo:

Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should 'Clean The Bathroom' | ThinkProgress

Read between the damn lines! Or do you want that done for you as well.
Are you old enough or dont you remember when newspapers were delivered by kids eager to earn a buck and when it snowed there would be groups of kids with shovels and then lets not forget pushing the lawn mower around the neighborhood. If its taught or learned it will instill responsibility especially to youngsters with no mentor other than thugs!!

You cannot be for real. Yes, bleach and ammonia are dangerous chemicals. Why don't you know this?

Mix the two together....

Of course they're dangerous - so is eating a steak, so is walking down the street...

I believe a 9-year-old can handle it...

Don't worry they won't drink the bleach, they wont think it tastes good ..... If you don't tell them they may create ammonia gas... But I suppose this is why we teach kids before we allow them to do anything on their own...

Last edited:
Actually, bleach and ammonia are dangerous all on their own. You don't have to mix them together. Look it up on Mr. Google.

Based on your comment about 9 year olds being able to handle it, I'm assuming that you have no contact at all with children, or, again, that you're not serious.

Conceding ever so slightly to flak he’s taken for calling child labor laws “stupid” and suggesting that schools fire janitors and replace with them poor kids, GOP presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich got more specific today, saying working-class students should be limited to jobs like cleaning bathrooms. Bowing to concerns that janitorial work is dangerous, Gingrich floated, “What if they became assistant janitors and their jobs were to mop the floor and clean the bathroom?

Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should 'Clean The Bathroom' | ThinkProgress

Is your complaint that somehow janitorial work is to be looked down upon or that he is suggesting a way for unemployed youth to be able to work for pay? I worked while in high school and I would have done janitorial work which would have been easier than what I did. Where do you get this "working-class students" thing? Unfortunately these poor unemployeed students for the most part don't have "working class parents".

There is no shame in janitorial work and it will provide good experience for these unemployed high school students by teaching them work ethics. What was your first job?

Is your complaint that somehow janitorial work is to be looked down upon or that he is suggesting a way for unemployed youth to be able to work for pay? I worked while in high school and I would have done janitorial work which would have been easier than what I did. Where do you get this "working-class students" thing? Unfortunately these poor unemployeed students for the most part don't have "working class parents".

There is no shame in janitorial work and it will provide good experience for these unemployed high school students by teaching them work ethics. What was your first job?

Yes, in HIGH SCHOOL. Newt isn't talking about HIGH SCHOOL.

Forum List

Back