Gingrich Doubles Down On Child Labor: Poor Kids Should ‘Clean The Bathroom’

If you infer the meaning of his statement, it's not all that preposterous.

BTW, I love Paris. She's hot.

Its preposterous given that its rooted in the presumption that people with good work ethics cannot be poor - and that all poor people have bad work ethics.

Is this guy an asshole or what?

Probably nothing will drive poor kids towards the relatively easy money available in the career fields of pimping, prostitution, or drug dealing faster than a few weeks of cleaning toilets for next to nothing.

OK... forget the link... don't include the context or subject in which the statement was made.

You libtards just all have a CIRCLE JERK whipping each others meat... idiots and hacks.

In any case, you nipple heads better get used to the phrase... **PRESIDENT GINGRICH**.

Last edited:
Link?

Let's see the quote in context.

I doubt he said that...it wouldn't surprise me if he did but I searched for it and found no hits.

Looking pretty bad for the OP. I'll stand to be corrected if/when it happens though.

Plenty of dismal stuff in Gingrich's closet. Hope you guys nominate him.

Newt: "If we put 9 year old poor kids to work, cleaning toilets, they might not become pimps, prostitutes & drug dealers.
See poor kids don't have a good work ethic because of the example set for them. So we should put them to work. By setting an age limit on work, you limit the number of people who can get jobs."

Seriously, he said that. Seriously.

That way we don't have to worry about them doing well in school. Getting scholarships to the schools that in Newts' world, really should just have nice rich white kids in them.

Because we know there are no spoiled white rich kids who have a poor work ethic. It's not like I went to college with a BUNCH of them.

I'm sure Paris Hilton has the work ethic and moral fiber Newt is hoping all kids can someday achieve. Speaking of pimps & ho's...

What a DOOOoooshbag.

Funny thing......I do what is known as "boolean searches" on the internet. It uses boolean logic to fine tune your search......it allows me to find exact quotes.

This quote...

"If we put 9 year old poor kids to work, cleaning toilets, they might not become pimps, prostitutes"

Came up with only two links.

One was to this page and one was to a forum called Political Forum

And it was in an exact same post by a person called "nopartyaffiliation" who has the same exact avatar as you.

You are a fucking hack...and I actually liked some of your posts.

Link?

Let's see the quote in context.

I doubt he said that...it wouldn't surprise me if he did but I searched for it and found no hits.

Looking pretty bad for the OP. I'll stand to be corrected if/when it happens though.

Plenty of dismal stuff in Gingrich's closet. Hope you guys nominate him.

The kenyan makes Gingrich look like a God send. I hope we nominate too. He'll wipe the floor with Barry.

Is this guy an asshole or what?

Probably nothing will drive poor kids towards the relatively easy money available in the career fields of pimping, prostitution, or drug dealing faster than a few weeks of cleaning toilets for next to nothing.

I thought you were smarter than that.
Newt never said that...this guy who posted this quote is a freaking loser who compromises the integrity of good debate.
He should be banned from this site.,
He outright lied.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...e-about-plight-of-african-american-community/

“Young children who are poor ought to learn how to go to work,” he continued. “What I’ve said is, for example, it would be great if inner city schools and poor neighborhood schools actually hired the children to do things. Some of the things they could do is work in the library, work in the front office. Some of them frankly, could be janitorial.

Gingrich notes that “the first counter-attack is ‘Do you realize how hard janitorial work is and do you realize how dangerous it is?’ So I come back and say, OK, what if they cleaned out the bathrooms and what if they mopped the floors? What if in the summer they repainted the school? What if in that process they were actually learning to work, learning to earn money, they had money on their own, they didn’t have to become a pimp or a prostitute or a drug dealer, they had money on their own? They had the dignity of work, and learned how to be around adults who actually wanted to mentor them and help them?

Newt: "If we put 9 year old poor kids to work, cleaning toilets, they might not become pimps, prostitutes & drug dealers.
See poor kids don't have a good work ethic because of the example set for them. So we should put them to work. By setting an age limit on work, you limit the number of people who can get jobs."

That way we don't have to worry about them doing well in school. Getting scholarships to the schools that in Newts' world, really should just have nice rich white kids in them.

Because we know there are no spoiled white rich kids who have a poor work ethic. It's not like I went to college with a BUNCH of them.

I'm sure Paris Hilton has the work ethic and moral fiber Newt is hoping all kids can someday achieve. Speaking of pimps & ho's...

What a DOOOoooshbag.

Funny thing......I do what is known as "boolean searches" on the internet. It uses boolean logic to fine tune your search......it allows me to find exact quotes.

This quote...

"If we put 9 year old poor kids to work, cleaning toilets, they might not become pimps, prostitutes"

And it was in an exact same post by a person called "nopartyaffiliation" who has the same exact avatar as you.

your google fu sucks.......

What a DOOOoooshbag.

This quote...

my google is just fine.

Newt did not say anything close to what the hack quoted.

So he did say 9 year old Poor kids should be put to work? Forget the pimps and ho nonsense, did he actually say 9 year old poor kids should work?

I guess Cain was right, blacks were brainwashed to be dems.

This quote...

my google is just fine.

actually he did.....

i already provided links in this thread......

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...e-about-plight-of-african-american-community/

“Young children who are poor ought to learn how to go to work,” he continued. “What I’ve said is, for example, it would be great if inner city schools and poor neighborhood schools actually hired the children to do things. Some of the things they could do is work in the library, work in the front office. Some of them frankly, could be janitorial.

Gingrich notes that “the first counter-attack is ‘Do you realize how hard janitorial work is and do you realize how dangerous it is?’ So I come back and say, OK, what if they cleaned out the bathrooms and what if they mopped the floors? What if in the summer they repainted the school? What if in that process they were actually learning to work, learning to earn money, they had money on their own, they didn’t have to become a pimp or a prostitute or a drug dealer, they had money on their own? They had the dignity of work, and learned how to be around adults who actually wanted to mentor them and help them?

Last edited:
yeah a kid earning 8/hr cleaning toilets is not going to be enticed to making 500/day selling drugs........

So he did say 9 year old Poor kids should be put to work? Forget the pimps and ho nonsense, did he actually say 9 year old poor kids should work?

Not An Onion Spoof: Newt Gingrich’s Education Plan Is To Fire Janitors And Replace Them With Kids | Mediaite

Newt: Fire the janitors, hire kids to clean schools - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

while newt is saying kids as young as nine should be put to work... as punishment because their parents are poor..... he did not say specifically say they would instead grow up to be pimps or drug dealers......

he says the thing about pimps and drug dealers in another speech later

No. He did not say we should put 9 year olds to work.
He made a very valid suggestion..

To offer young children opporutnity to do menial tasks in their schools such as janitorial work...it will allow them to appreciate making money, in a supervised environment; allow them to feel pride in their schools...and keep them off the streets.

If Obama had suggested the following....

"our communities should have progrmas where the children with nothing to do can come to the community center and be assigned tasks around the neighborhood such as picking up litter, cleaning grafitti, helping the eldrly by delivering their groceries, and other related tasks, and earn a msall wage for their hard work while keeping them off the streets and more involved in pride in their neighborhoods...."

Would you not say "great idea"?

Well...that is exactly what Gingrich was saying.

why does everyone have to spin it?

Not An Onion Spoof: Newt Gingrich’s Education Plan Is To Fire Janitors And Replace Them With Kids | Mediaite

Newt: Fire the janitors, hire kids to clean schools - Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

while newt is saying kids as young as nine should be put to work... as punishment because their parents are poor..... he did not say specifically say they would instead grow up to be pimps or drug dealers......

he says the thing about pimps and drug dealers in another speech later

enough with the freaking spin. Look at my previous post......Obama was heralded for the idea of our children becoiming part of a work corp in the community back during his first campaign.

Give the spin a rest. You are too good a poster on here to get caught up in the spin.

my google is just fine.

actually he did.....

i already provided links in this thread......

Gingrich Says Obama Must Have “Cognitive Dissonance” About Plight of African-American Community - ABC News

yes...and the links show that he said nothing at all like that.

Forum List

Back