Giuliani exclusive: What Trump told me right after FBI raid

well that’s one president

i don’t disagree that trump needed to follow the PRA and didn’t, but that’s not a crime, and he was also actively working with. rhe NARA to make sure they got what they needed.

further highlighting how this was a stalinist raid

Not according to the letter NARA sent to him.

I don't know about PRA but I do know Trump made what he did a felony up to 5 years in prison.
Presidential Records Act

haha once again you have no clue what the topic is about

what Congress made a felony after all the scandals during the obama admin has nothing to do with this situation

in a barely secured place within my home.

"Barely" secured? The place is a fortress protected 24/7 by secret service in a room locked with a lock approved by the National Archives.

Why don't you try to break into Mar A Lago and see for yourself?

Apparently Trump's room is more secure there than with the federal government because Trump always had a handle on what and where the stuff was while the Fed took two years to even notice the stuff missing!

FBI agents searched Trump’s tennis and social club in Palm Beach on Aug. 8 and took away boxes of material, including 11 packets of classified documents. Among that set was a batch labeled with the highest classification markings, meant for review only in secure government facilities.
That doesn’t sound good.

I oppose the way Hillary handled classified info, so to be fair I have to oppose Trump if he mishandled classified info.

Look here Canuk, the President has the sole authority to declassify anything he wishes...You don't know what you're talking about.

That's mostly true

The blockbuster article in 2017 The Washington Post saying President Donald Trump had "revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting" didn’t just put the White House on the defensive. It also put Republican lawmakers in a tight spot.

One of the members of Congress who commented after the newspaper’s revelations was Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho. According to CNN, he told reporters, "The minute the president speaks about it to someone, he has the ability to declassify anything at any time without any process."

Instead, Vladeck said, Trump "took it upon himself to authorize officials from a foreign government to receive classified national security information that was itself derived from a different foreign government’s intelligence gathering. That’s just not the same thing as what Sen. Risch described, and the law on this topic is far murkier."

"Trump surely would not concede that the information in question is now ‘unclassified’ and available to anyone who files a (Freedom of Information Act) request

Setting aside ethics, doing what Trump is alleged to have done could have negative practical consequences for the United States. "It could wreck the underlying intelligence-sharing agreement and place the U.S. at a disadvantage," Aftergood said.

We found broad agreement that a president, using powers granted by the Constitution, is able to declassify essentially anything. However, experts added that Risch’s comment was not entirely on point for the particular situation involving Trump.

In this case, it appears Trump didn’t actually use his declassification power before talking to the Russian officials, and just because Trump’s actions were legal doesn’t necessarily mean they were wise. These caveats add nuance to analyses of what Trump did.

The statement is accurate but needs clarification and additional information, so we rate it Mostly True.

Trump sold the Saudi's nuclear technology. Not illegal but not wise either. And then his son in law got $2 billion from the Saudi's.

I guess President Biden is above the law too. Cool!

That doesn’t sound good.

I oppose the way Hillary handled classified info, so to be fair I have to oppose Trump if he mishandled classified info.
I think Hillary and Trump should both be unfit and not qualified to be POTUS ever again.

BULL SHIT!!!

The argument, "every president does it" is bullshit. Every president does it the right way. And you already know we don't trust Trump as far as we can throw him. So here is another situation where he thinks he can break the law and get away with it.

And yes, it is a crime. Trump made it a crime.

Tucked into a bill Trump signed into law in January 2018 was a provision increasing the punishment for knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an “unauthorized location.”

Previously, someone found guilty of this crime could face up to one year in prison. When former CIA Director David Petraeus was charged in 2015 with mishandling classified data, he pleaded guilty under this statute to avoid a felony charge, as Politico pointed out. A similar situation unfolded a decade earlier, when former national security adviser Samuel Berger pleaded guiltyto removing terrorism-related materials from the National Archives in 2005.

Now, a person convicted of violating this law can face up to five years in prison ― making it a felony-level offense to mishandle classified documents under 18 U.S.C. 1924.

Could 2018 Trump have unknowingly put 2022 Trump in a tough spot?
Sorry there sparky....Exec order 13526 is still in effect....So, you're wrong.

That's mostly true

The blockbuster article in 2017 The Washington Post saying President Donald Trump had "revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting" didn’t just put the White House on the defensive. It also put Republican lawmakers in a tight spot.

One of the members of Congress who commented after the newspaper’s revelations was Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho. According to CNN, he told reporters, "The minute the president speaks about it to someone, he has the ability to declassify anything at any time without any process."

Instead, Vladeck said, Trump "took it upon himself to authorize officials from a foreign government to receive classified national security information that was itself derived from a different foreign government’s intelligence gathering. That’s just not the same thing as what Sen. Risch described, and the law on this topic is far murkier."

"Trump surely would not concede that the information in question is now ‘unclassified’ and available to anyone who files a (Freedom of Information Act) request

Setting aside ethics, doing what Trump is alleged to have done could have negative practical consequences for the United States. "It could wreck the underlying intelligence-sharing agreement and place the U.S. at a disadvantage," Aftergood said.

We found broad agreement that a president, using powers granted by the Constitution, is able to declassify essentially anything. However, experts added that Risch’s comment was not entirely on point for the particular situation involving Trump.

In this case, it appears Trump didn’t actually use his declassification power before talking to the Russian officials, and just because Trump’s actions were legal doesn’t necessarily mean they were wise. These caveats add nuance to analyses of what Trump did.

The statement is accurate but needs clarification and additional information, so we rate it Mostly True.

Trump sold the Saudi's nuclear technology. Not illegal but not wise either. And then his son in law got $2 billion from the Saudi's.

If this is true, or you believe this is true, you have just shot yourself and your fellow LibTards in the foot.

That's mostly true

And I guess you and the WaPo have never read Exec order 13526.

That's mostly true

trump told the russians about a planned islamic terrorist attack in their country we learned about. They appreciated it, stoped the attack and saved lives

and now you dembots are mad..clearly cheering for the terrorist

Where did you hear

This is a joke. Why would FORMER president Trump need to keep highly classified information at Mara Lago?

Affidavit: Trump Was Insecurely Storing Most Sensitive Intel At Club​

The sworn affidavit that prosecutors used to persuade a federal judge to let them search Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home earlier this month says that classified documents would likely be found there as well as “evidence of obstruction,”

“There is probable cause to believe that additional documents that contain classified NDI or that are Presidential records subject to record retention requirements currently remain at the PREMISES. There is also probable cause to believe that evidence of obstruction will be found at the PREMISES,”

The affidavit, filed by an FBI agent from the Washington, D.C., office with training in “counterintelligence and espionage investigations,” says that the agency was brought in to investigate by the National Archives after officials there found that 15 boxes retrieved from Mar-a-Lago earlier this year included highly classified material.
“Of most significant concern was that highly classified records were unfoldered, intermixed with other records, and otherwise unproperly [sic] identified,” the FBI agent wrote.
The FBI did a preliminary review of the material in those boxes and found documents with classification markings in 14 out of the 15, the special agent wrote, describing the documents using a string of acronyms referring to classified material and “FPOTUS” for former President Trump:

FBI agents searched Trump’s tennis and social club in Palm Beach on Aug. 8 and took away boxes of material, including 11 packets of classified documents. Among that set was a batch labeled with the highest classification markings, meant for review only in secure government facilities.
FBI agents have lied about Trump in the past.

Trump also may have unlimited authority to classify and declassify.

Time will tell how this all works out. I suspect the object may be to investigate and cast rumors for the new two years and then indict Trump and put him on trial so he is unable to run for the Presidency again.

I haven‘t made up my mind on this issue. I believe Hilary negligently handled classifed info and should have faced prosecution for it. If Trump did the same he also should face prosecution. However if that happens, Hillary should not be able to stay scot-free either.

Exec order 13526.

FBI agents have lied about Trump in the past.

Trump also may have unlimited authority to classify and declassify.

Time will tell how this all works out. I suspect the object may be to investigate and cast rumors for the new two years and then indict Trump and put him on trial so he is unable to run for the Presidency again.

I haven‘t made up my mind on this issue. I believe Hilary negligently handled classifed info and should have faced prosecution for it. If Trump did the same he also should face prosecution. However if that happens, Hillary should not be able to stay scot-free either.

What Hillary did was from not being computer savvy. What Trump did was deliberate.

Was Trump running birth tourism for foreign nationals?

What Hillary did was from not being computer savvy. What Trump did was deliberate.

Was Trump running birth tourism for foreign nationals?
Oh please.

Hillary is not that dumb. If she is she should have never have been Secretary of State or ever run for President because she is too stupid to sit in the Oval Office.

Even I know if I was Secretary of State my email would be of great interest to most nations in the world that had any dealings with our nation. Even if there was nothing classified on it, it still would be considered valuable intelligence to nations who dislike our nation.

Knowing the Clintons I would not be surprised if they were laying the Clinton Foundation a fortune because Hillary was using that server.

I think Hillary and Trump should both be unfit and not qualified to be POTUS ever again.
I would have no problem with that as then DeSantis would likely become President and he is a fighter like Trump who will work for the people of our nation. However his big advantage is he is not as obnoxious as Trump often is.

I am interested to know if those documents were actually declassified and what subjects they involved.

Perhaps they involved how the FBI and DOJ tried to remove Trump from office and were classified because they would embarrass the FBI and DOJ.

But perhaps the documents actually involve highly classified defense secrets. If so I would feel Trump should face prosecution the same as Hillary.

A SKIF is a secure government facility.
This is a bald faced lie.
Present some source that says no SKIF exists at Mar-a-Lagp.

1661560908769.jpeg

English: President Donald Trump receives a briefing on a military strike on Syria from his National Security team, including a video teleconference with Secretary of Defense, Gen. James Mattis, and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Joseph F. Dunford, on Thursday April 6, 2017, in a secured location at Mar-a-Lago in West Palm Beach, Florida.

There is a lot most people do not know about Mar-a-Lago.

Last edited:
no it was clearly wrong to have them, he wasn’t in compliance with the PRA. With that said, that’s not a crime. moreover he was working with them to give them what they wanted and to ensure he keep his personal items

what is far worse though is that none of that justified the stalinist raid of a political rival

The possible crime is not a violation of the PRA. It's a potential violation of the Espionage Act. And Trump himself may not even be the FBI's target.

Forum List

Back