🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Give me liberty or give me death.Give me welfare or give me death.

Ted Cruz repeated Patrick Henry's great line: "give me liberty or give me death" today as he announced for president. That line is the basis of our Constitution and the basis of today's Republican Party but how did the cancerous liberal line: give me welfare entitlements or give me death, ever begin to metastasize in America?
We invented Liberty. Sorry. And Rafael Jr. doesn't know what that means, he thinks it means Me, Myself, and I.

Paint lacks the IQ for the subject so tries to change it. Liberty is a word the modern liberal hates.
Not at all. Liberal then, liberal now, only times have changed a bit in 230 years.

times have changed and now liberals hate liberty?? We know that dear.
We don't at all, we hate your version, Anarchy and Selfishness. The Founders were nothing of the kind.

Ted Cruz repeated Patrick Henry's great line: "give me liberty or give me death" today as he announced for president. That line is the basis of our Constitution and the basis of today's Republican Party but how did the cancerous liberal line: give me welfare entitlements or give me death, ever begin to metastasize in America?
We invented Liberty. Sorry. And Rafael Jr. doesn't know what that means, he thinks it means Me, Myself, and I.

Paint lacks the IQ for the subject so tries to change it. Liberty is a word the modern liberal hates.
Not at all. Liberal then, liberal now, only times have changed a bit in 230 years.

We don't at all, we hate your version, Anarchy.

too stupid name a conservative who wants anarchy. See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

We don't at all, we hate your version, Anarchy.

too stupid name a conservative who wants anarchy. See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?
A true conservative doesn't want such a thing, but you aren't that, you are a reactionary. And any Ayn Rand fan is an Anarchist.

, no Democrat has ever said that. Do you understand?

if not what do they say?? Do they agree with Patrick Henry and our Founders?
dear, they do. Do you understand?
if they do show us where or admit as a typical liberal you lack the IQ to defend yourself.
dear, the onus is on you to show us they don't. It is your thread after all. Do you understand?

you idiot, have you ever heard a liberal talking about liberty?? Ted started is campaign talking about it!!
dear, please remain civil. Ted Cruz is a politician. Rhetoric demonizing his opponents is just that, rhetoric. Do you understand?

. And any Ayn Rand fan is an Anarchist.

dear, as a typical liberal you're too stupid to talk about liberty or anarchy!!

Anarchism is the idea that there should be no government. In Objectivist terms, this amounts to the view that every man should defend himself by using physical force against others whenever he feels like it, with no objective standards of justice, crime, or proof.Anarchism is evil

Well Congrats to his mom for being invited to attend Rice in the 50's

But in case anyone is actually interested in a very focused political speech.

Full Text of Sen. Ted Cruz s Campaign Launch at Liberty University

or even P. Henrys'

Avalon Project - Patrick Henry - Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death

The former can't carry water for the latter.

dear both Henry and Cruz believe in liberty while modern liberals are treasonously opposed to Henry and Cruz. Do you understand?

if not what do they say?? Do they agree with Patrick Henry and our Founders?
if they do show us where or admit as a typical liberal you lack the IQ to defend yourself.
dear, the onus is on you to show us they don't. It is your thread after all. Do you understand?

you idiot, have you ever heard a liberal talking about liberty?? Ted started is campaign talking about it!!
dear, please remain civil. Ted Cruz is a politician. Rhetoric demonizing his opponents is just that, rhetoric. Do you understand?

Patrick Henry was just a politician too but that does not mean he was wrong to support liberty and wrong to oppose those who were against liberty. To a liberal who hates liberty of course you have to demean Henry. Why not move to Cuba while it is still communist?

Patrick Henry was just a politician too but that does not mean he was wrong to support liberty and wrong to oppose those who were against liberty. To a liberal who hates liberty of course you have to demean Henry. Why not move to Cuba while it is still communist?
dear, no Democrat in America has demeaned Patrick Henry. Your sense is failing you. Do you understand?

Nailed it!

Nailed it!

thanks, notice how not one liberal even wants to argue it seriously and that they cant admit they oppose liberty and America. They need to seek therapy so they will feel free to be open about their opposition to America.

Well Congrats to his mom for being invited to attend Rice in the 50's

But in case anyone is actually interested in a very focused political speech.

Full Text of Sen. Ted Cruz s Campaign Launch at Liberty University

or even P. Henrys'

Avalon Project - Patrick Henry - Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death

The former can't carry water for the latter.

dear both Henry and Cruz believe in liberty while modern liberals are treasonously opposed to Henry and Cruz. Do you understand?

I read both. I find nothing similar. Henrys' was an impassioned plea for the colonies that were occupied and besieged on all sides. Cruz was a politicians speech from start to finish who plucked a few catch phrases from history including arch liberal, (or fascist in chief) FDR. He is a politician through an through and this speech was a fine example of him playing to the rubes of his base.

Did you know you were being ironic, or was this just some kind of fantastic coincidence?

The idea of government entitlements came from Thomas Paine, among others.

Read, and learn: Agrarian Justice

Having thus in a few words, opened the merits of the case, I shall now proceed to the plan I have to propose, which is,

To create a national fund, out of which there shall be paid to every person, when arrived at the age of twenty-one years, the sum of fifteen pounds sterling, as a compensation in part, for the loss of his or her natural inheritance, by the introduction of the system of landed property:

And also, the sum of ten pounds per annum, during life, to every person now living, of the age of fifty years, and to all others as they shall arrive at that age.

He is a politician through an through and this speech was a fine example of him playing to the rubes of his base.

dear, you clean forgot to tell us the difference between Henry's liberty and Cruz's. Do you know why you forgot? Do you know you wont find liberals talking about liberty?

Then, in 1787–88, Henry became Virginia’s leading opponent of the Constitution. Americans today have a hard time understanding why Patriots such as Henry and Samuel Adams opposed the Constitution, butit is not difficult to see Henry’s logic. To him, the American Revolution was an uprising against strong centralized government power in Britain. Ten years later, James Madison and Alexander Hamilton were trying to centralize the American government, too, giving it major new powers, including the dreaded authority to tax. Henry thought this was a betrayal of the principles that animated the Revolution.

On Patrick Henry An Interview with Thomas Kidd Nathan A. Finn

Last edited:
Did you know you were being ironic, or was this just some kind of fantastic coincidence?

The idea of government entitlements came from Thomas Paine, among others.

dear, thread is about Patrick Henry and Ted Cruz.

Forum List

Back