Give me one example. Just one.

I believe that every societal ill America suffers from, that is the result of human agents, is the direct result of disobeying Gods word. I challenge anyone to give one example that refutes this.
This fails as a confirmation bias fallacy.
Okay C_Clayton_Jones let's reword Lutroo request where it sounds reasonable and consistent with logic:

Can we offer any example of a social ill whose cause cannot be reconciled with Christian Biblical teachings claimed to be universal .

Lutroo is saying if it is applied universally, it can be used to explain and correct any problem out there which man experiences as causing suffering.

He offered to demonstrate by examples. And we can continue this demonstration until all examples given by all ppl have been reconciled, and or if ppl decide it can be applied universally and no need to argue against that. Either way the point is to reach agreement. It is only proven to ppl who take it as proof, but at the very least we can agree that such a system can be interpreted and applied universally to as many situations as we offer to use as demonstrations.

This process would still have to be replicated for all ppl and all situations out there, and that part remains faith based. Even if all ppl on earth agreed this is universal it would still be faith based. But that's the best we can do, is reach agreement how to apply things universally.
If everyone simply followed one of Christs teachings, the world would be a much better place. The Golden Rule. There is also his command to love your neighbor as yourself. Just following those two simple instructions would eliminate 90 percent of all suffering.

You ignorant performing seal, you have asked people to tell you that you don't believe what you say you believe.

Then you complain when no one bothers, while still being too stupid to know what you've done.

Are you a Christian, perchance? Want another fish?

I find it hilarious that you never understand the questions you pose, let alone the answers you receive.
The question is pretty simple. I asked for an example of a man made societal ill that is not a result of disobeying Gods word. No one has provided an example, because they cannot. Instead, they deflect and insult. Once again, thanks for proving my point.
I have a couple. Homophobia, is endorsed in the bible, I and most people consider it a societal ill. Bigotry and racism can be boiled down to. Biblical Christians aversion to people not believing in their version of God. the ongoing war against evolution and by extention most science since they all can be used to support evolution. A nice example of which you can find in the other post where you stopped answering me. " If God doesn't exist" And you can't claim it was because I was impolite. So I have to conclude you where unable to further defend your position. So there I answered your post.
First of all, Homophobia is a made up word. It doesn't exist. Second, Homosexuality is a result of disobeying God. So anything they suffer is a result of their own disobedience to God. And Jesus instructed us to love one another. So anyone who behaves as you are suggesting is not following Gods will. And I'm not aware of any science that backs up evolution. The scientific method relies on observation and repeatable experiments. Can you point out such experiments that support evolution? And don't even insult our intelligence by mentioning the fossil record. Even atheist scientists have problems with that.

You ignorant performing seal, you have asked people to tell you that you don't believe what you say you believe.

Then you complain when no one bothers, while still being too stupid to know what you've done.

I find it hilarious that you never understand the questions you pose, let alone the answers you receive.
The question is pretty simple. I asked for an example of a man made societal ill that is not a result of disobeying Gods word. No one has provided an example, because they cannot. Instead, they deflect and insult. Once again, thanks for proving my point.
I have a couple. Homophobia, is endorsed in the bible, I and most people consider it a societal ill. Bigotry and racism can be boiled down to. Biblical Christians aversion to people not believing in their version of God. the ongoing war against evolution and by extention most science since they all can be used to support evolution. A nice example of which you can find in the other post where you stopped answering me. " If God doesn't exist" And you can't claim it was because I was impolite. So I have to conclude you where unable to further defend your position. So there I answered your post.
First of all, Homophobia is a made up word. It doesn't exist. Second, Homosexuality is a result of disobeying God. So anything they suffer is a result of their own disobedience to God. And Jesus instructed us to love one another. So anyone who behaves as you are suggesting is not following Gods will. And I'm not aware of any science that backs up evolution. The scientific method relies on observation and repeatable experiments. Can you point out such experiments that support evolution? And don't even insult our intelligence by mentioning the fossil record. Even atheist scientists have problems with that.

I don't think that it is possible to insult your intelligence, Lut....

I don't think that it is possible to insult your intelligence, Lut....
Still dodging the question, I see.

If everyone simply followed one of Christs teachings, the world would be a much better place. The Golden Rule.

its really not that simple.

Just because you like golden showers doesn't mean its OK to pee on everybody else.

If everyone simply followed one of Christs teachings, the world would be a much better place. The Golden Rule.

Just because you like golden showers doesn't mean its OK to pee on everybody else.
I'll give you benefit of the doubt, and assume you're joking. People who like golden showers, unless they are mentally retarded, know that most people would not appreciate them. They also know that it's illegal to piss on someone without their permission.

I'll give you benefit of the doubt, and assume you're joking. People who like golden showers, unless they are mentally retarded, know that most people would not appreciate them. They also know that it's illegal to piss on someone without their permission.

I was kidding on the square.

Here you are thinking you are doing somebody a favor by starting this thread, but in reality you might as well be pissing on people who really don't go for the kind of shit that you are into.

You must have noticed some people talking offense at your posturing and irrational and unsubstantiated assertions.

And by citing that homosexual people deserve whatever people want to do with them, you just admitted to being one of the people that perpetuates those societal ills, proving my point in the most ironic ways. You keep on exclaiming your superior morality, but you clearly have trouble accepting people who are different then you and by that measure even breaking that rule you sited Jesus thaught." Love oneanother.". My question to you is, how do you do that in your head. In the same post you are capable of one the one hand, support hatred and on the other hand proclaim to believe in Jesus Crist message of love? You don't see any hypocrity there? As to the last bit. Just answer my last post to you in that tread. I didn't use the fossil record for most of it. Vestigality has nothing to do with the fossil record.

Last edited:
I believe that every societal ill America suffers from, that is the result of human agents, is the direct result of disobeying Gods word. I challenge anyone to give one example that refutes this.

God supported slavery which was one of the greatest insults to humanity
God supported the subjugation of women

It was human agents who changed it

And by citing that homosexual people deserve whatever people want to do with them, you just admitted to being one of the people that perpetuates those societal ills, proving my point in the most ironic ways. You keep on exclaiming your superior morality, but you clearly have trouble accepting people who are different then you and by that measure even breaking that rule you sited Jesus thaught." Love oneanother.". My question to you is, how do you do that in your head. In the same post you are capable of one the one hand, support hatred and on the other hand proclaim to believe in Jesus Crist message of love? You don't see any hypocrity there? As to the last bit. Just answer my last post to you in that tread. I didn't use the fossil record for most of it. Vestigality has nothing to do with the fossil record.
I didn't say that they deserve whatever others do to them. I said they they deserve the self imposed consequences of their behavior. Ever hear of something called aids? Gays also have a much lower average life expectancy. And I never claimed to hate gays. I pity them. I disagree with their sinful lifestyle. That's not hate, no matter what you think. And in my last reply to you I said that Jesus commands us to love one another. Even gays. That does not include condoning a sinful lifestyle. But people like you equate disagreeing with hatred.

I believe that every societal ill America suffers from, that is the result of human agents, is the direct result of disobeying Gods word.

are there no results from human agents, atheists that are not social ills not derived from the (bible) word of God ?

I believe that every societal ill America suffers from, that is the result of human agents, is the direct result of disobeying Gods word.

are there no results from human agents, atheists that are not social ills not derived from the (bible) word of God ?

Just answer the question.

God hasn't exactly been a good guy

Killed hundreds of millions in the great flood including innocent children
Killed the first born children of Egypt

If a human had done that he would be defiled as evil

I didn't say that they deserve whatever others do to them. I said they they deserve the self imposed consequences of their behavior. Ever hear of something called aids? Gays also have a much lower average life expectancy. And I never claimed to hate gays. I pity them. I disagree with their sinful lifestyle. That's not hate, no matter what you think. And in my last reply to you I said that Jesus commands us to love one another. Even gays. That does not include condoning a sinful lifestyle. But people like you equate disagreeing with hatred.
Well if people wouldn't go into gay bars and go on shooting rampages I might not equate it. If you wouldn't have these guys 10 Most Wildly Anti-Gay Preachers in America I might not equate it. If you wouldn't try to link a virus to a punisment of God, I might not equate it. But since all these things happen and all are religiously inspired, I do. You asked about societal ills, this is a clear one. And I don't care if you are posturing or are not as far down the spectrum as the worst of them. You consider yourself superior to another human being and you feel superior not because of intellect, physical prowess, wealth or anything. You feel superior because of your sexual orientation. An orientation that in no way adversely effect society. So yes it is a societal ill, a false sense of superiority and in a lot of cases, a perceived right to wish and do harm on people different from you.

Well if people wouldn't go into gay bars and go on shooting rampages I might not equate it. If you wouldn't have these guys 10 Most Wildly Anti-Gay Preachers in America I might not equate it. If you wouldn't try to link a virus to a punisment of God, I might not equate it. But since all these things happen and all are religiously inspired, I do. You asked about societal ills, this is a clear one. And I don't care if you are posturing or are not as far down the spectrum as the worst of them. You consider yourself superior to another human being and you feel superior not because of intellect, physical prowess, wealth or anything. You feel superior because of your sexual orientation. An orientation that in no way adversely effect society. So yes it is a societal ill, a false sense of superiority and in a lot of cases, a perceived right to wish and do harm on people different from you.
You're delusional. I never claimed to be superior to anyone. I'm a sinner. Saved by grace. And I repeat. The behavior you equate with Christians , in the examples you gave, Are not what the Bible teaches, religiously inspired or not. Can you point to a passage in the New Testament, that instructs Christians to participate in the destructive behavior you mentioned?

Our most religious are guilty of some of societies worst ills

Capital Punishment
Hatred of gays
Subjugation of women

You're delusional. I never claimed to be superior to anyone. I'm a sinner. Saved by grace. And I repeat. The behavior you equate with Christians , in the examples you gave, Are not what the Bible teaches, religiously inspired or not. Can you point to a passage in the New Testament, that instructs Christians to participate in the destructive behavior you mentioned?
Leviticus 20:13King James Version (KJV)
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
That's of course the old testament but,Jesus taught, "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished." Matthew 5:17-18
So altough this of course is not clearcut. But it took me about 5 minutes of internet search, to come up with these 2 statements. And if I can quite easily can come up with a way to condone homophobia from a religious standpoint, its quite easy to see why other people do it. And even if I wouldn't be able to do it, the fact remains that in all these examples the people who did this did it while feeling Gods personal soldiers. And btw, YOU equated aids to a punishment from God so YOU were guilty of one of those things.

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
That's of course the old testament but,Jesus taught, "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law, until all is accomplished." Matthew 5:17-18
So altough this of course is not clearcut. But it took me about 5 minutes of internet search, to come up with these 2 statements. And if I can quite easily can come up with a way to condone homophobia from a religious standpoint, its quite easy to see why other people do it. And even if I wouldn't be able to do it, the fact remains that in all these examples the people who did this did it while feeling Gods personal soldiers. And btw, YOU equated aids to a punishment from God so YOU were guilty of one of those things.
Pay attention. I said New Testament. You're quoting Old Testament Jewish law. It was a law for a certain people at a certain period of time. It is no longer applicable to Christians. And I never said aids was a punishment from God. It is, however, a consequence of their lifestyle. That's a fact.

What does it mean that Jesus fulfilled the law, but did not abolish it?

Pay attention. I said New Testament. You're quoting Old Testament Jewish law. It was a law for a certain people at a certain period of time. It is no longer applicable to Christians. And I never said aids was a punishment from God. It is, however, a consequence of their lifestyle. That's a fact.
Ah so mattews gospel isn't the NT? He sites Jesus opinion there of the applicability of the Old Testament. So that statement goes against Jesus his opinion doesn't it? And again what's in the NT or isn't in the NT doesn't change, in any way the interpretation that certain religious people give it. It is a clear societal ill inspired by religion. In that way answering your OP. You asked an example I gave you not one but 3. And you can try to explain as to how these people don't represent you and by extention what you consider the right interpretation of scripture. But they use the same book mostly and that book, they feel gives them the right to do what they do.

Ah so mattews gospel isn't the NT? He sites Jesus opinion there of the applicability of the Old Testament. So that statement goes against Jesus his opinion doesn't it? And again what's in the NT or isn't in the NT doesn't change, in any way the interpretation that certain religious people give it. It is a clear societal ill inspired by religion. In that way answering your OP. You asked an example I gave you not one but 3. And you can try to explain as to how these people don't represent you and by extention what you consider the right interpretation of scripture. But they use the same book mostly and that book, they feel gives them the right to do what they do.
But the ultimate cause is the gays themselves. If they weren't gay, in violation of Scripture, there would be no problem. No matter how you twist the facts, homosexuality is a sin, according to the Bible. So the root cause of this particular social ill is disobedience to God, on the part of the gay community. By the way, You might want to check out my recent thread on what Jesus meant about old testament law. Then consider the fact that the conversation in Matthew took place before Christ fulfilled the law.

Forum List

Back