Zone1 Giving up the search for God

Shrug. Somehow you reached the conclusion that either heaven is angels playing harps while everyone is seated around a pair of feet--or, you believe that is what everyone else thinks. That is a very odd view of theology.
The worldview of heavens, hells,, angels playing harps is not my worldview but a part of the theology. My observations are that the practitioners have varying views of this worldview and is clearly a part of the theological history.

On earth, humans do not live nine hundred years. First hint that ancient man was describing something more than just the age of a single person.
I suppose I can't take a hint. The KJ version has Noah at 600 years old when the flood started. There are no hints otherwise.

It's such a comfort knowing people of faith are the best'est, most thankful, grateful, generous, joy-finding people on the planet. Lets just pretend the catholic church didn't run a child sex abuse syndicate for decades.

Ever have rabbis accused of molesting kids?

The worldview of heavens, hells,, angels playing harps is not my worldview but a part of the theology. My observations are that the practitioners have varying views of this worldview and is clearly a part of the theological history.
What does it signify? Hebrew is a language of pictures. Do you truly believe all it means is that harp strings are plucked?

First step: Seek and find God. Depth of knowledge can expand from there. There is no need to remain in the shallows where angels plucking harp strings equates to the depth of water barely moistening ones toes.

What does the triune mean?
Basically, the three aspects of the One God presented in scripture:

God as Creator
God as the Word (Lawmaker and teacher)
God as Spirit (Love, Inspiration, Strength)

Kind of like one carpenter can saw, nail, and paint. One teacher can explain, test, correct.

What does it signify? Hebrew is a language of pictures. Do you truly believe all it means is that harp strings are plucked?

First step: Seek and find God. Depth of knowledge can expand from there. There is no need to remain in the shallows where angels plucking harp strings equates to the depth of water barely moistening ones toes.
It appears that a quest to find the Christian God requires me to dismiss large swaths of the bible as irrelevant and subject to varying interpretation.

Basically, the three aspects of the One God presented in scripture:

God as Creator
God as the Word (Lawmaker and teacher)
God as Spirit (Love, Inspiration, Strength)

Kind of like one carpenter can saw, nail, and paint. One teacher can explain, test, correct.
Gods as humans with supernatural powers is in line with Greek mythology. .

It appears that a quest to find the Christian God requires me to dismiss large swaths of the bible as irrelevant and subject to varying interpretation.
That would be better than what you have come up with thus far. Wading in the shallows. To me it sounds like you were always bored with what/how scripture was presented so you came up with childish and outlandish conclusions. At least now you are old enough where science can dissipate some of that, but I see you still clinging to more than you should.

Yawn. What supernatural powers have you experienced from God?
None at all. I've experienced no supernatural powers from the Christian God or any other God. Curiously, in all of human history there is not a single, reliable example of any human ever experiencing a supernatural event.

That would be better than what you have come up with thus far. Wading in the shallows. To me it sounds like you were always bored with what/how scripture was presented so you came up with childish and outlandish conclusions. At least now you are old enough where science can dissipate some of that, but I see you still clinging to more than you should.
What is it that I've come up with? I've been consistent in questioning / critiquing the childish/ outlandish claims of various religious folks who claim to have some special knowledge of what the Bible "really means" and that they are uniquely equipped to offer authoritative interpretations of the Bible and Christianity.

Claiming to know with 100% certainty that which you admit is subject to 0% proof seems a bit outlandish... maybe even childish.

None at all. I've experienced no supernatural powers from the Christian God or any other God. Curiously, in all of human history there is not a single, reliable example of any human ever experiencing a supernatural event.
Exactly. We live in the natural world, so why are you looking for some supernatural event? What is wrong with what natural, everyday occurrences? What will the supernatural due for your? What do you want the supernatural to do for you? And why?

I've been consistent in questioning / critiquing the childish/ outlandish claims of various religious folks
Yes, you question the childish. That is all you seem to see. There is so much more. Move on to that. If you cannot, study something else. No need to spend your entire life in the sandbox or kiddie pool. Life is so much more, especially scripture. However, if scripture is your personal quicksand move on. Maybe one day you will come back around to it on a higher level, or maybe you won't. Either way, you won't be stuck where you are now.

Exactly. We live in the natural world, so why are you looking for some supernatural event? What is wrong with what natural, everyday occurrences? What will the supernatural due for your? What do you want the supernatural to do for you? And why?
Good point. What will the supernatural, of which all assertions of gods are a part, do for me or anyone else. The Greeks had the right idea in that some humans had supernatural powers and direct connections the gods.

subject to 0% proof
When you require proof, more you need proof, you need to stay in the natural world. We do not see people who absolutely need dry land nearby at sea. Be the same. Since you absolutely cannot do without proof, don't move on to a place of no proof. You will just be a fish out of water, so stick with your natural environment. Plenty to learn there.

Yes, you question the childish. That is all you seem to see. There is so much more. Move on to that. If you cannot, study something else. No need to spend your entire life in the sandbox or kiddie pool. Life is so much more, especially scripture. However, if scripture is your personal quicksand move on. Maybe one day you will come back around to it on a higher level, or maybe you won't. Either way, you won't be stuck where you are now.
I hadn't realized I was stuck somewhere without the benefit of the christian gods. Do you feel your life is empty and without meaning without your religion?

Forum List

Back