Gleanings in the Left

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
It's only one sentence and explains the mindset of everyone that is left of center,

I assume therefore it is true.

That only seems true if you believe all the crap that limbaugh and Hannity have spouted. How long have you been in that ever shrinking bubble?

Okay. But it applies to the right, as well. Very sloppy thinkers, most of us.

What "sentence" are we even talking about here? I've got no "sentence" at all on my screen.
No image, no quote, no link, no nothing.

Is this a late April Fool joke? :dunno:

What "sentence" are we even talking about here? I've got no "sentence" at all on my screen.

Most on the right suffer from both a lack of reading and writing skills.

The likely intent of the post:

It's only one sentence and explains the mindset of everyone that is left of center:

“I assume; therefore, it is true.”

The lie being that those ‘left of center’ base their positions on ‘assumptions,’ not on facts.

It's only one sentence and explains the mindset of everyone that is left of center:

The lie being that those ‘left of center’ base their positions on ‘assumptions,’ not on facts.

Well now you're inserting punctuation that wasn't there, which changes the whole OP.

I read it as [I assume therefore, (that) it is true] --- with "it" referring to the sentence that was never posted at all or forgotten. Hence my question.

If he had meant the line itself as a quote, then it would have to be IN quotes, as your version is. It would also be preceded by a colon.
But that's not what he posted. As stated, he's assuming that the sentence he forgot to post, is true. And we can't tell what the fuck he's talking about.

Then again all of this assumes that the OP is familiar with English, which apparently is not a safe assumption. Nor has he clarified.

Well now you're inserting punctuation that wasn't there, which changes the whole OP.

I read it as [I assume therefore, (that) it is true] --- with "it" referring to the sentence that was never posted at all or forgotten. Hence my question.

If he had meant the line itself as a quote, then it would have to be IN quotes, as your version is. It would also be preceded by a colon.
But that's not what he posted. As stated, he's assuming that the sentence he forgot to post, is true. And we can't tell what the fuck he's talking about.

Then again all of this assumes that the OP is familiar with English, which apparently is not a safe assumption. Nor has he clarified.
Don't be embarassed, Pogo. I'm an English teacher, used to reading slaughtered English, and it took me a few minutes to figure it out, too.
It's a dumb premise to blame this only on lefties, but it does apply to plenty of folks including some on this board.

Don't be embarassed, Pogo. I'm an English teacher, used to reading slaughtered English, and it took me a few minutes to figure it out, too.
It's a dumb premise to blame this only on lefties, but it does apply to plenty of folks including some on this board.

I'm not in the least "embarrassed" --- why would I be? I didn't write the OP.

When I read it I turned off AdBlock, assuming there was an image posted that I couldn't see. Nothing. Then I quoted the post, on the chance that there must have been at attachment that wasn't showing up. Again -- nothing.

It looks like the OP simply forgot to reference whatever the fuck "it" is supposed to refer to. And since then he's also forgotten to come back to explain himself. All of which might explain why this is his 78th post in four years; he's illiterate.

Far as I can see the OP has yet to make any point whatsoever. We can't dress up his post with optional punctuation to make it say something. I'll be damned if I'm going to give him free punctuation in lieu of expecting him to make himself clear. That's an entirely reasonable expectation. I don't facilitate illiteracy.

"Let's eat, Grandma!"

Don't worry, I detest progressive, 3rd-world-cornholed, self-hating-PC Western traitor/sludge as much as the next sensible person, sir, but could you explain what you specifically mean in the OP? Give a few examples, please?

It's only one sentence and explains the mindset of everyone that is left of center,

I assume therefore it is true.
202.jpg

Forum List

Back