🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Glenn Beck Says Obama's Presidency Has Set Back Race Relations In America By 50 Years

...the English they learned from their illiterate White overseers still plagues many today. It is amazing that Black British pugilists can speak better English than most Americans while many southern Blacks speak the dreadful dialects of poor White Americans.
Do you ever listen to yourself? How many slaves from 1865 are alive today? $1000 says none. Care to bet?

Every American alive today had an opportunity to a public school system since Brown vs. Board of Education 1954.

Your post is a complete failure to accept responsibility. Most of what passes as racism today isn't racism, it's cultural differences. Want to be a "gangsta" and tell society to fuck off? Fine, but don't whine when you can't get a job because you look like this:

lovely-smile.jpg

You gonna be a doof, I'm not playin' anymore.
I wasnt playing. What was your point in asking me that in response to my question instead of answering my question?
You gonna be a doof, I'm not playin' anymore.
I wasnt playing. What was your point in asking me that in response to my question instead of answering my question?

I should have thought my point was clear, but here ya go. Everything I've found on the subject says that Massachusetts objected to the 1793 Fugitive Slave Act and when the feds stepped in to enforce it, Massachusetts (and Maine, in the previous post) doubled their efforts to get slaves to freedom via the Underground Railroad. For quite awhile, just getting here was "free" enough. Because we objected to slavery. Did my graphic not show up on your computer? Even Maine, the rural equivalent of Appalachia, had the sense to know everyone is a human being and cannot be bought sold or owned.

From Wiki:
IAs early as the first decade of the 19th century, individual dissatisfaction with the law of 1793 had taken the form of systematic assistance rendered to African Americans escaping from the Southto Canada or New England: the so-called Underground Railroad....

The decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Prigg v. Pennsylvania in 1842 (16 Peters 539)—that state authorities could not be forced to act in fugitive slave cases, but that national authorities must carry out the national law—was followed by legislation in Massachusetts (1843), Vermont (1843), Pennsylvania (1847) andRhode Island (1848), forbidding state officials from aiding in enforcing the law and refusing the use of state jails for fugitive slaves.

Fugitive slave laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that I've given you a link, what about the one about ancient Africans and electricity?
So your claim is that all the whites in maine were different from whites elsewhere?

29607-egypt-L.jpg
No, buddy. People are shitheads everywhere. I believe this conversation started when I pointed out that where I'm from, slavery was not tolerated after 1783. You decided to get into the Fugitive Slave Act and I showed you how this area reacted to it.
You got such a weak point that it can't incorporate any additional information and still make sense?
I'm pretty sure slavery was tolerated by plenty of whites in Maine. I guess I dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Slavery and Maine

"But before abolitionism became universal in Maine, there were pockets of slavery supporters, or at least agnostics, and they called themselves “Nebraskans”. This odd moniker derived from the 1854 Kansas-Nebraska Act, which repealed the Missouri Compromise and allowed settlers of those two states to choose whether they wished to be slave or free states. Residents of a portion of Biddeford, Maine called their area Nebraska and took their stand for free choice."
I have just had to make extensive use of the delete key composing something suitable for print. You're being just plain ornery and mean, now, cuz I know you aren't this dense. Yeah, let's all talk about those crazy slave owning Mainers. To you, every single white person living or dead was a fucking racist. It's all that fits your world view. I know you're no kid, but I still have hope that someday you will grow up.

I should have thought my point was clear, but here ya go. Everything I've found on the subject says that Massachusetts objected to the 1793 Fugitive Slave Act and when the feds stepped in to enforce it, Massachusetts (and Maine, in the previous post) doubled their efforts to get slaves to freedom via the Underground Railroad. For quite awhile, just getting here was "free" enough. Because we objected to slavery. Did my graphic not show up on your computer? Even Maine, the rural equivalent of Appalachia, had the sense to know everyone is a human being and cannot be bought sold or owned.

From Wiki:
IAs early as the first decade of the 19th century, individual dissatisfaction with the law of 1793 had taken the form of systematic assistance rendered to African Americans escaping from the Southto Canada or New England: the so-called Underground Railroad....

The decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Prigg v. Pennsylvania in 1842 (16 Peters 539)—that state authorities could not be forced to act in fugitive slave cases, but that national authorities must carry out the national law—was followed by legislation in Massachusetts (1843), Vermont (1843), Pennsylvania (1847) andRhode Island (1848), forbidding state officials from aiding in enforcing the law and refusing the use of state jails for fugitive slaves.

Now that I've given you a link, what about the one about ancient Africans and electricity?
So your claim is that all the whites in maine were different from whites elsewhere?

29607-egypt-L.jpg
No, buddy. People are shitheads everywhere. I believe this conversation started when I pointed out that where I'm from, slavery was not tolerated after 1783. You decided to get into the Fugitive Slave Act and I showed you how this area reacted to it.
You got such a weak point that it can't incorporate any additional information and still make sense?
I'm pretty sure slavery was tolerated by plenty of whites in Maine. I guess I dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Slavery and Maine

"But before abolitionism became universal in Maine, there were pockets of slavery supporters, or at least agnostics, and they called themselves “Nebraskans”. This odd moniker derived from the 1854 Kansas-Nebraska Act, which repealed the Missouri Compromise and allowed settlers of those two states to choose whether they wished to be slave or free states. Residents of a portion of Biddeford, Maine called their area Nebraska and took their stand for free choice."
I have just had to make extensive use of the delete key composing something suitable for print. You're being just plain ornery and mean, now, cuz I know you aren't this dense. Yeah, let's all talk about those crazy slave owning Mainers. To you, every single white person living or dead was a fucking racist. It's all that fits your world view. I know you're no kid, but I still have hope that someday you will grow up.
I apologize for appearing to be mean. Dont be angry at me. I just dont get what you are saying. I never said all whites were racists. Thats an extreme claim commonly levied at me when people cannot explain white historical patterns of racism.

...the English they learned from their illiterate White overseers still plagues many today. It is amazing that Black British pugilists can speak better English than most Americans while many southern Blacks speak the dreadful dialects of poor White Americans.
Do you ever listen to yourself? How many slaves from 1865 are alive today? $1000 says none. Care to bet?

Every American alive today had an opportunity to a public school system since Brown vs. Board of Education 1954.

Your post is a complete failure to accept responsibility. Most of what passes as racism today isn't racism, it's cultural differences. Want to be a "gangsta" and tell society to fuck off? Fine, but don't whine when you can't get a job because you look like this:

lovely-smile.jpg
When will you dimwits learn to understand sentence structure? You've had unrestricted opportunity to learn it but you still read without knowing the tools for understanding what you read. The sentence you highlighted refers to a past event that transitioned into modern times for many.The end of the Plessy vs Ferguson decision in 1954 didn't change matters all that much, especially in the south. It took ten more years to enforce it And poor Whites didn't fare all that much better either in regards to higher eduction and literacy, White women in particular. The signs of poor education and illiteracy persisted among the average poverty stricken Whites and Blacks of the south through the murderous application of pidgin English which probably originated when early uneducated german immigrants to the area struggled to speak English. Many hired on as overseers and passed broken English on to the slaves in their charge. That would explain why many Blacks in the south use terms like "dis and dat" while Blacks raised in Europe and Northern American cities do NOT!

Last edited:

From Wiki:

29607-egypt-L.jpg

Slavery and Maine

I apologize for appearing to be mean. Dont be angry at me. I just dont get what you are saying. I never said all whites were racists. Thats an extreme claim commonly levied at me when people cannot explain white historical patterns of racism.
Well, if we're going to make this about racism instead of slavery, it's a different argument from where we started. Your opening premise was that blacks exclusively built this country, through the institution of slave labor, correct? My point was that slavery wasn't around where my folks lived, we opposed it, and we built some stuff too with our fairy white asses. Racism is a whole nother can of worms.

No one blames you for being a failure. We can see from you posts you were destined to be a failure.
Again, I'm content to let the majority of readers decide for themselves which of us is a racist, loser, failure, whatever.

Well, if we're going to make this about racism instead of slavery, it's a different argument from where we started. Your opening premise was that blacks exclusively built this country, through the institution of slave labor, correct? My point was that slavery wasn't around where my folks lived, we opposed it, and we built some stuff too with our fairy white asses. Racism is a whole nother can of worms.
Agreed. Example; the Transcontinental railroad wasn't built by slaves nor were Northern factories staffed by slaves.

The slave states are clearly known to anyone who has an average or better grip on history. To claim the entire US economy was dependent upon slave states is odd.

map

29607-egypt-L.jpg

Slavery and Maine

You do realize that here in the US slavery was the result of racism dont you?

I never let people decide things for me. No wonder you are such a failure.
Me neither. Obviously you are a functional illiterate who depends on a computer to help you write sentences even though you have trouble reading and understanding them.

Agreed. Example; the Transcontinental railroad wasn't built by slaves nor were Northern factories staffed by slaves.

The slave states are clearly known to anyone who has an average or better grip on history. To claim the entire US economy was dependent upon slave states is odd.

map
Why is it you never know what you are talking about? Blacks did build a lot of the transcontinental railroad.

Did U.S. Railroads Own Slaves–How Many? | William G. Thomas III

Slavery and Maine

I've no idea. You're still gonna waltz around my point, again, aren't you?

Of course. I'm functionally literate and well educated. As OldLady already pointed out to you, slavery and racism are two different things. You seem to forget that slavery ended in two centuries ago, yet, as this thread points out, racism survives. You are a racist, Asclepias. You've admitted it and proven it several times. What you fail to comprehend is that not everyone is racist. If a a person doesn't like you, you screech "RACIST!!!" when, in reality, they don't like you because you are a selfish asshole. Nothing to do with skin tone.

Slavery and Maine

I thought your point was that you believed I was talking about two different things?

Of course. I'm functionally literate and well educated. As OldLady already pointed out to you, slavery and racism are two different things. You seem to forget that slavery ended in two centuries ago, yet, as this thread points out, racism survives. You are a racist, Asclepias. You've admitted it and proven it several times. What you fail to comprehend is that not everyone is racist. If a a person doesn't like you, you screech "RACIST!!!" when, in reality, they don't like you because you are a selfish asshole. Nothing to do with skin tone.
You couldnt have gotten educated between this post....

"Agreed. Example; the Transcontinental railroad wasn't built by slaves nor were Northern factories staffed by slaves."

and right now.

I've never claimed to be a racist. I just allow you to think whatever you like.

I thought your point was that you believed I was talking about two different things?
Nope.
My point was that slavery wasn't around where my folks lived, we opposed it, and we built some stuff too with our fairy white asses.

Forum List

Back