🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Glenn Beck Says Obama's Presidency Has Set Back Race Relations In America By 50 Years

You neither founded nor built this country. You would have died if no one was here to help you.

My white ancestors did. Your ancestors helped, using the tools rules and, laws set up by the white Europeans.
Your white ancestors did nothing. My ancestors built the country.
Oh, Asclepias, why are you so racist? Of course whites helped build the country. Blacks did too. Stop with this all or nothing attitude.
What did whites do that was significant to build the country? The country became a global economic power due to the work of my ancestors not white people.

Would you say that 19% pf the country or even less than 10% of the country was 100% responsible for global economic power! Hardly.

1800 - blacks were less than 19% of the population
1850 - blacks were less than 16% of the population
1910 - blacks were less than 11% of the population
1920 to 1950 - blacks were less than 10% of the population

Source:
Statistical Abstract of the United States: 2003, and We, The American Blacks, U.S. Census Bureau, 1993
So, all of these people that worked in manufacturing, inventing, construction, ship building and leading this country had nothing to do with it???

Tobacco and cotton were important not important all by itself. It took a country to be what it is and we are n ot a country of just blacks.
Yes I would say that. Nothing would have been done without the income generated by cotton.

Whites got upset a Black man won the office of POTUS twice and they could only sit back and watch in despair. Of course race relations are going to be bad. I called it back in 2008 when he won.

It would be idiotic to think that BHO could have been elected without a substantial percentage of white voters voting for him. Why would they "sit back and watch in despair" when they elected him in the first place? Race relations are in the toilet because black supremacists are determined that they should be.
No, Ascleipias was right on this one, I think. What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a black guy in the WH, and now the resultant push back against that by the black community. The gun fights on both sides aren't helping.
But Obama could proven all of those whites wrong by being against racism on both sides himself. I didn't vote for him, but was encouraged shortly after thinking this will be an even better turning point than Civil Rights. But he took the reign and now we have BLM and Black Panthers intimidating white voters.
Its not BLM, BPP, or Obamas fault whites are intimidated. Thats a natural state of affairs.
I don't think "intimidated is the right word. Try "disgusted."
Its not predicated on what you think. Its predicated by reality. See you "thought" that Blacks were never an economic power. Reality proved you wrong again.

...What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a black guy in the WH, and now the resultant push back against that by the black community. The gun fights on both sides aren't helping.
Disagreed. Sure, there racists on boths and, without a doubt, there are racists who don't like a black guy in the WH (who is actually half-white), yet you're certainly old enough to remember the hate from the right against Bill Clinton. Do you think the RWers will lessen their disgust of the LW if (and probably when) Hillary is sworn into office? Will the LWers switch to "What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a woman in the WH" in order to explain Washington deadlock?

Or do you think smarter people will prevail and realize this is more about partisan politics than it is race?

It would be idiotic to think that BHO could have been elected without a substantial percentage of white voters voting for him. Why would they "sit back and watch in despair" when they elected him in the first place? Race relations are in the toilet because black supremacists are determined that they should be.
No, Ascleipias was right on this one, I think. What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a black guy in the WH, and now the resultant push back against that by the black community. The gun fights on both sides aren't helping.
But Obama could proven all of those whites wrong by being against racism on both sides himself. I didn't vote for him, but was encouraged shortly after thinking this will be an even better turning point than Civil Rights. But he took the reign and now we have BLM and Black Panthers intimidating white voters.
Its not BLM, BPP, or Obamas fault whites are intimidated. Thats a natural state of affairs.
Its not predicated on what you think. Its predicated by reality. See you "thought" that Blacks were never an economic power. Reality proved you wrong again.
You have not been friends for reality for quite some time. Blacks are not the reason for the global economic power. Anyone and I quote anyone could take their place but the blacks could not take the place of whites during those early years.

You have not been friends for reality for quite some time. Blacks are not the reason for the global economic power. Anyone and I quote anyone could take their place but the blacks could not take the place of whites during those early years.
Your logic is flawed. Blacks were an economic power long before whites discovered america. Of course they could have taken their place.

Yes Black labor was the reason the US became an economic power. Anyone with knowledge about the power of cotton could have told you that.

My white ancestors did. Your ancestors helped, using the tools rules and, laws set up by the white Europeans.
Ah hem, I believe my ancestors did stuff. We outlawed slavery in 1783 and built lots of sawmills and ships and towns after that. Could we say our ancestors built the country?
Slavery wasnt outlawed until 1861 and that was only to punish the south. Are you from the US?
My ancestors are from Maine, which was part of Massachusetts at the time they settled here. Massachusetts outlawed slavery in 1783.
Massachusetts is a city not a country. How many runaway enslaved did they return to the south?

You heard of the Underground Railroad?

UndergroundRailroadME0212WEB-415x1024.jpg

Obama empowered all the black racists to to come of the closet. Green light to hate whitey.
If any hate exists in the Black community against White people it is because of people like YOU. Blacks know the difference between the kinds of Whites who voted for Obama and those who are angry White men.

If I am angry it is at those Americans (of all races) who allowed race to be a deciding factor when casting their votes.
The racists who are causing most of the division violence and destruction are mostly Black. You are surprised that some Whites have become angry? Cute.

Race may have been a factor in the first Obama victory for some but race was a systemic factor in all previous nominations and elections way before Obama was born. Nevertheless, Obama was vetted thoroughly, he was handsome, intelligent, a family man and well spoken. A Harvard education and the notation in his resume identifying him as an adjunct professor of Constitutional Law didn't hurt either against an opponent who was far less qualified academically. Millions of White women sympathized with him because of his White mother. Recognizing the struggles they endured under RW White male domination, millions of White women fell in love with the son of one of their own who wasn't part of that RW racist, sexist hegemony.

Your anger is understandable. You oppose diversity and equality because you feel those social traits are taking something from you.
If so, It appears that the majority of White people don't agree. Perhaps the prayers of the least among us have taken priority in the sight of God.

Yes I would say that. Nothing would have been done without the income generated by cotton.
I'd ask if you ever tired of being wrong, but since you're so blinded by racism, I doubt you'd ever consider it.

Obviously cotton was an important part of the US economy, but to negate all other crops and, especially, industry, is to be blind to the truth.

SparkNotes: The Pre-Civil War Era (1815–1850): Overview

Economic Growth and the Early Industrial Revolution [ushistory.org]

Ah hem, I believe my ancestors did stuff. We outlawed slavery in 1783 and built lots of sawmills and ships and towns after that. Could we say our ancestors built the country?
Slavery wasnt outlawed until 1861 and that was only to punish the south. Are you from the US?
My ancestors are from Maine, which was part of Massachusetts at the time they settled here. Massachusetts outlawed slavery in 1783.
Massachusetts is a city not a country. How many runaway enslaved did they return to the south?

Yes I have. Why do you ask?

I'd ask if you ever tired of being wrong, but since you're so blinded by racism, I doubt you'd ever consider it.

Obviously cotton was an important part of the US economy, but to negate all other crops and, especially, industry, is to be blind to the truth.

SparkNotes: The Pre-Civil War Era (1815–1850): Overview

Economic Growth and the Early Industrial Revolution [ushistory.org]
Cotton was the main cash crop and guess who picked the other ones? From your link....

"The start of the American Industrial Revolution is often attributed to SAMUEL SLATER who opened the first industrial mill in the United States in 1790 with a design that borrowed heavily from a British model. Slater's pirated technology greatly increased the speed with which cotton thread could be spun into yarn. While he introduced a vital new technology to the United States, the economic takeoff of the Industrial Revolution required several other elements before it would transform American life."

Your logic is flawed. Blacks were an economic power long before whites discovered america. Of course they could have taken their place.

Yes Black labor was the reason the US became an economic power. Anyone with knowledge about the power of cotton could have told you that.
LOL... you made me think of slaves writing the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, inventing electricity, writing Common Sense, inventing the airplane or car. Thanks for the giggle.

...What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a black guy in the WH, and now the resultant push back against that by the black community. The gun fights on both sides aren't helping.
Disagreed. Sure, there racists on boths and, without a doubt, there are racists who don't like a black guy in the WH (who is actually half-white), yet you're certainly old enough to remember the hate from the right against Bill Clinton. Do you think the RWers will lessen their disgust of the LW if (and probably when) Hillary is sworn into office? Will the LWers switch to "What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a woman in the WH" in order to explain Washington deadlock?

Or do you think smarter people will prevail and realize this is more about partisan politics than it is race?
I was talking about racism, not politics. Of course a lot of people that don't like Obama don't like him for his liberal/Democratic policies. Racism, though, was exacerbated by Obama's election and it's been push and push back as far as racial tensions go. Two different animals, politics and racism.

Don King uses the N Word with Trump laughing in the background.

Where it beeps is the N word.

LOL... you made me think of slaves writing the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, inventing electricity, writing Common Sense, inventing the airplane or car. Thanks for the giggle.
The enslaved would have never penned a hypocritical document that only gave rights to white males while claiming they were about freedom even as they owned slaves. Blacks invented electricity and steel long before whites did. Whites didnt invent the airplane. Whites may have invented the car but that was only because the science and measurements necessary to do so was taught to them twice by Africans.

You gonna be a doof, I'm not playin' anymore.

Cotton was the main cash crop and guess who picked the other ones?
Translation: I didn't read the links nor will I since I'm blind to everything except my own nutty opinions.

Feel free to believe cotton ruled the US economy, but the fact remains it only ruled in the South, not the West or North.

You gonna be a doof, I'm not playin' anymore.
I wasnt playing. What was your point in asking me that in response to my question instead of answering my question?

Cotton was the main cash crop and guess who picked the other ones?
Translation: I didn't read the links nor will I since I'm blind to everything except my own nutty opinions.

Feel free to believe cotton ruled the US economy, but the fact remains it only ruled in the South, not the West or North.
It did rule the south and the north. Why do you think there were factories in the north? Did you flunk american history even if it was the white version?

King Cotton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The insatiable European demand for cotton was a result of the Industrial Revolution which created the machinery and factories to process raw cotton into clothing that was better and cheaper than hand-made product. European and New England purchases soared from 720,000 bales in 1830, to 2.85 million bales in 1850, to nearly 5 million in 1860. Cotton production renewed the "need" for slavery after the tobacco market declined in the late 18th century. The more cotton grown, the more slaves were needed to pick the crop. By 1860, on the eve of the American Civil War, cotton accounted for almost 60% of American exports, representing a total value of nearly $200 million a year."

I was talking about racism, not politics. Of course a lot of people that don't like Obama don't like him for his liberal/Democratic policies. Racism, though, was exacerbated by Obama's election and it's been push and push back as far as racial tensions go. Two different animals, politics and racism.
The outright racism isn't Obama's fault. It was always there. The nation electing a black man was simply too much for Republicans to take.

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'?

GOP Rep.: Obamas part of 'uppity' class - USATODAY.com

Uppity?

Boy?

Tar baby?

Imagine what they say in private.

Forum List

Back