🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Glenn Beck Says Obama's Presidency Has Set Back Race Relations In America By 50 Years

I don't think "intimidated is the right word. Try "disgusted."
Its not predicated on what you think. Its predicated by reality. See you "thought" that Blacks were never an economic power. Reality proved you wrong again.
You have not been friends for reality for quite some time. Blacks are not the reason for the global economic power. Anyone and I quote anyone could take their place but the blacks could not take the place of whites during those early years.
Your logic is flawed. Blacks were an economic power long before whites discovered america. Of course they could have taken their place.

Yes Black labor was the reason the US became an economic power. Anyone with knowledge about the power of cotton could have told you that.
LOL... you made me think of slaves writing the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, inventing electricity, writing Common Sense, inventing the airplane or car. Thanks for the giggle.
The enslaved would have never penned a hypocritical document that only gave rights to white males while claiming they were about freedom even as they owned slaves. Blacks invented electricity and steel long before whites did. Whites didnt invent the airplane. Whites may have invented the car but that was only because the science and measurements necessary to do so was taught to them twice by Africans.
The enslaved learned English and how to write because of whites. Your history is lacking.

I was talking about racism, not politics. Of course a lot of people that don't like Obama don't like him for his liberal/Democratic policies. Racism, though, was exacerbated by Obama's election and it's been push and push back as far as racial tensions go. Two different animals, politics and racism.
Obviously racism became a central issue upon President Obama's election. After all, it was (supposedly) a sign that racism was ending in the US. However, the exacerbation was on the part of the Obama administration in their actions be it the Philly election polls, becoming personally involved in local issues such as the Zimmerman case, Ferguson and the like. President Obama himself, or more commonly, through his appointed representatives, continued to show bias to African-Americans over European-Americans. That's the part that enflamed racism in this country.

...What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a black guy in the WH, and now the resultant push back against that by the black community. The gun fights on both sides aren't helping.
Disagreed. Sure, there racists on boths and, without a doubt, there are racists who don't like a black guy in the WH (who is actually half-white), yet you're certainly old enough to remember the hate from the right against Bill Clinton. Do you think the RWers will lessen their disgust of the LW if (and probably when) Hillary is sworn into office? Will the LWers switch to "What we are seeing is the result of push back by folks who didn't want a woman in the WH" in order to explain Washington deadlock?

Or do you think smarter people will prevail and realize this is more about partisan politics than it is race?
I was talking about racism, not politics. Of course a lot of people that don't like Obama don't like him for his liberal/Democratic policies. Racism, though, was exacerbated by Obama's election and it's been push and push back as far as racial tensions go. Two different animals, politics and racism.
The outright racism isn't Obama's fault. It was always there. The nation electing a black man was simply too much for Republicans to take.

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'?

GOP Rep.: Obamas part of 'uppity' class - USATODAY.com

Uppity?

Boy?

Tar baby?

Imagine what they say in private.
Sorry you were so maligned. Why don't I find "cracker" or "whitey" offensive? I just considered the place they are stuck in and go on.

Its not predicated on what you think. Its predicated by reality. See you "thought" that Blacks were never an economic power. Reality proved you wrong again.
You have not been friends for reality for quite some time. Blacks are not the reason for the global economic power. Anyone and I quote anyone could take their place but the blacks could not take the place of whites during those early years.
Your logic is flawed. Blacks were an economic power long before whites discovered america. Of course they could have taken their place.

Yes Black labor was the reason the US became an economic power. Anyone with knowledge about the power of cotton could have told you that.
LOL... you made me think of slaves writing the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution, inventing electricity, writing Common Sense, inventing the airplane or car. Thanks for the giggle.
The enslaved would have never penned a hypocritical document that only gave rights to white males while claiming they were about freedom even as they owned slaves. Blacks invented electricity and steel long before whites did. Whites didnt invent the airplane. Whites may have invented the car but that was only because the science and measurements necessary to do so was taught to them twice by Africans.
The enslaved learned English and how to write because of whites. Your history is lacking.
The enslaved already knew how to write. Who cares if they learned english? It was taught to them by illiterate whites anyway.

Obviously racism became a central issue upon President Obama's election. After all, it was (supposedly) a sign that racism was ending in the US. However, the exacerbation was on the part of the Obama administration in their actions be it the Philly election polls, becoming personally involved in local issues such as the Zimmerman case, Ferguson and the like. President Obama himself, or more commonly, through his appointed representatives, continued to show bias to African-Americans over European-Americans. That's the part that enflamed racism in this country.
You forgot professor Gates. Remember how he went from an educated man to "Yo Mama" in a matter of seconds? LOL

The enslaved already knew how to write. Who cares if they learned english? It was taught to them by illiterate whites anyway.
You are getting funnier as we continue this sad dialogue.

You are getting funnier as we continue this sad dialogue.
I'm not sad at all. Typically people use laughter as a stress reliever. Go for it.

You neither founded nor built this country. You would have died if no one was here to help you.

My white ancestors did. Your ancestors helped, using the tools rules and, laws set up by the white Europeans.
Your white ancestors did nothing. My ancestors built the country.
Oh, Asclepias, why are you so racist? Of course whites helped build the country. Blacks did too. Stop with this all or nothing attitude.
What did whites do that was significant to build the country? The country became a global economic power due to the work of my ancestors not white people.
LOL! There is a country of blacks and they did not become a global economic power! The blacks were tribal people that didn't even know the language. But they were responsible for that power?

Correction: There is a continent of Blacks, not just a country of Blacks. There is also ample evidence that some Blacks kickstarted civilizations which declined or were lost through invasions and usurpation of history. Primitive Africans and advanced African civilizations existed simultaneously just as ancient primitives did in Mexico and South America.

Now science alludes to the notion that the first Homo Sapiens Sapiens were Black people. These were the first anatomically modern humans complete with brains having the potential all men have today. That those early humans built the Sphinx, the pyramids of Giza and even the ziggurats in Mesopotamia is highly feasible. At least as feasible as the "primitives" who rose up and built the pyramids and cities of ancient Mexico.. But even there traces of ancient Africans have come to light in the guise of OLMEC colossi. Blacks , it seems have an affinity to create civilizations and White men have the innate ability to take the credit for and build upon something started by Blacks.

My ancestors are from Maine, which was part of Massachusetts at the time they settled here. Massachusetts outlawed slavery in 1783.
Massachusetts is a city not a country. How many runaway enslaved did they return to the south?

You heard of the Underground Railroad?

UndergroundRailroadME0212WEB-415x1024.jpg
Yes I have. Why do you ask?
You gonna be a doof, I'm not playin' anymore.
I wasnt playing. What was your point in asking me that in response to my question instead of answering my question?
My ancestors are from Maine, which was part of Massachusetts at the time they settled here. Massachusetts outlawed slavery in 1783.
Massachusetts is a city not a country. How many runaway enslaved did they return to the south?

I wasnt playing. What was your point in asking me that in response to my question instead of answering my question?

I should have thought my point was clear, but here ya go. Everything I've found on the subject says that Massachusetts objected to the 1793 Fugitive Slave Act and when the feds stepped in to enforce it, Massachusetts (and Maine, in the previous post) doubled their efforts to get slaves to freedom via the Underground Railroad. For quite awhile, just getting here was "free" enough. Because we objected to slavery. Did my graphic not show up on your computer? Even Maine, the rural equivalent of Appalachia, had the sense to know everyone is a human being and cannot be bought sold or owned.

From Wiki:
IAs early as the first decade of the 19th century, individual dissatisfaction with the law of 1793 had taken the form of systematic assistance rendered to African Americans escaping from the Southto Canada or New England: the so-called Underground Railroad....

The decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Prigg v. Pennsylvania in 1842 (16 Peters 539)—that state authorities could not be forced to act in fugitive slave cases, but that national authorities must carry out the national law—was followed by legislation in Massachusetts (1843), Vermont (1843), Pennsylvania (1847) andRhode Island (1848), forbidding state officials from aiding in enforcing the law and refusing the use of state jails for fugitive slaves.

Fugitive slave laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that I've given you a link, what about the one about ancient Africans and electricity?

I should have thought my point was clear, but here ya go. Everything I've found on the subject says that Massachusetts objected to the 1793 Fugitive Slave Act and when the feds stepped in to enforce it, Massachusetts (and Maine, in the previous post) doubled their efforts to get slaves to freedom via the Underground Railroad. For quite awhile, just getting here was "free" enough. Because we objected to slavery. Did my graphic not show up on your computer? Even Maine, the rural equivalent of Appalachia, had the sense to know everyone is a human being and cannot be bought sold or owned.

From Wiki:
IAs early as the first decade of the 19th century, individual dissatisfaction with the law of 1793 had taken the form of systematic assistance rendered to African Americans escaping from the Southto Canada or New England: the so-called Underground Railroad....

The decision of the Supreme Court in the case of Prigg v. Pennsylvania in 1842 (16 Peters 539)—that state authorities could not be forced to act in fugitive slave cases, but that national authorities must carry out the national law—was followed by legislation in Massachusetts (1843), Vermont (1843), Pennsylvania (1847) andRhode Island (1848), forbidding state officials from aiding in enforcing the law and refusing the use of state jails for fugitive slaves.

Now that I've given you a link, what about the one about ancient Africans and electricity?
So your claim is that all the whites in maine were different from whites elsewhere?

29607-egypt-L.jpg

The outright racism isn't Obama's fault. It was always there. The nation electing a black man was simply too much for Republicans to take.

What were two Republicans thinking, calling Obama 'tar baby' and 'boy'?

GOP Rep.: Obamas part of 'uppity' class - USATODAY.com

Uppity?

Boy?

Tar baby?

Imagine what they say in private.
Tar baby is explained. It's an old saying, as the link mentioned. I see it as akin to saying "homosexual" in reference to gays; just because some assholes use it as a slur doesn't mean anyone who uses the term is homophobic. Same goes for "female" in reference to women. Some feminists see the term as being demeaning, but that doesn't mean every person who says "female" is misogynistic.

Same goes for "your boy". If it was used by anyone, regardless of race, in reference to a white man, who would have a problem with it? Of course, since blacks can say "my niggah" and "my boy" but whites can't in reference to someone who happens to be black, racists have a conniption.

Learning to read or write and count was forbidden in slave environs. And the English they learned from their illiterate White overseers still plagues many today. It is amazing that Black British pugilists can speak better English than most Americans while many southern Blacks speak the dreadful dialects of poor White Americans.

From Wiki:

So your claim is that all the whites in maine were different from whites elsewhere?

29607-egypt-L.jpg
No, buddy. People are shitheads everywhere. I believe this conversation started when I pointed out that where I'm from, slavery was not tolerated after 1783. You decided to get into the Fugitive Slave Act and I showed you how this area reacted to it.
You got such a weak point that it can't incorporate any additional information and still make sense?

You forgot professor Gates. Remember how he went from an educated man to "Yo Mama" in a matter of seconds? LOL
I don't see how saying "yo mama" to someone detracts from Gates education at all. He didn't lose it. He enhanced someone else's.

I'm not sad at all. Typically people use laughter as a stress reliever. Go for it.
Except you. Racists don't have a sense of humor unless it involves hurting or attacking others. You know, like all of your lies. Example: Tiger Woods and your "one drop of blood" racism.

From Wiki:

29607-egypt-L.jpg
No, buddy. People are shitheads everywhere. I believe this conversation started when I pointed out that where I'm from, slavery was not tolerated after 1783. You decided to get into the Fugitive Slave Act and I showed you how this area reacted to it.
You got such a weak point that it can't incorporate any additional information and still make sense?
I'm pretty sure slavery was tolerated by plenty of whites in Maine. I guess I dont understand what point you are trying to make.

Slavery and Maine

"But before abolitionism became universal in Maine, there were pockets of slavery supporters, or at least agnostics, and they called themselves “Nebraskans”. This odd moniker derived from the 1854 Kansas-Nebraska Act, which repealed the Missouri Compromise and allowed settlers of those two states to choose whether they wished to be slave or free states. Residents of a portion of Biddeford, Maine called their area Nebraska and took their stand for free choice."

....By 1860, on the eve of the American Civil War, cotton accounted for almost 60% of American exports, representing a total value of nearly $200 million a year."
60% of exports is not the same as 60% of the economy. In those days, before a global economy, most of the US economy was local.

Forum List

Back