TRENDAPRIL.jpg

rss-2005-2007.JPG

Brrr...

Put on a sweater folks...

And the beat goes on...

global-cooling.jpg

timeshot1.gif

Last edited:
Want to know a truly strange thought that the environuts won't even consider, but any good capitalist should have:

Oil companies want the threat of "global warming" to be true so they can raise the prices of gas and then rationalize it to the government by saying that they still have a responsibility to earn a profit for their shareholders. Essentially, environuts could give the oil companies a legitimate reason to raise their prices.

Ozzy, old boy, for your benefit, I will repeat my prediction of two years in the next five that exceed 1998 and 2005. When that happens, you who deny reality will have to come up with another bloody lie to cover your asses.

And June, 2009 was the second hottest june on record.

NCDC: Second hottest June on record — and once El Nino really kicks in, expect global temperatures “to threaten previous record highs” « Climate Progress

NCDC: Second hottest June on record — and once El Nino really kicks in, expect global temperatures “to threaten previous record highs”
July 16, 2009
Fast on the heels of the fourth warmest May on record, NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center reports:

Based on preliminary data, the globally averaged combined land and sea surface temperature was the second warmest on record for June, and the January-June year-to-date tied with 2004 as the fifth warmest on record.

NCDC notes that the ocean temperature was the warmest on record. In fact, it was a full 0.11°F warmer than the 2005 record. This is almost certainly the new El Niño on top of the long-term warming trend (see NOAA says “El Niño arrives; Expected to Persist through Winter 2009-10″ — and that means record temperatures are coming and this will be the hottest decade on record).

And no, I don’t think the monthly data tell us much about the climate. But I know reporting it annoys the deniers. Also, the deniers have been touting the supposedly cool June temperatures over parts of this country (although the lower 48 in fact had the 49th warmest June on record, and Alaska had the 21st warmest). “Across parts of Africa and most of Eurasia,” however, “temperatures were 3°C (5°F) or more above average.” Such warming may be coming to the US later in the year. It typically takes several months for the El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) to impact global temperatures.

Satelite measurements of the Global Climate recorded an anamoly of +.001 degrees centigrade. The GISS Eath Stations were a tad different, apparently, from you descrtiption of the data. Use the link below to try to figure out the methodology of the GISS data collection.

Below the link, I'll post a cut & paste from the atrticle just to high light the frustration experienced by true scientists trying to unravel the maze of confusion which is GISS.

http://www.climateaudit.org/?p=1956

Scraping "Combined" Sources
There are 3 different data sets at GISS: dset =0 gives different versions for stations; dset=1 is said to be "after combining sources at the same location" and dset=2 is their adjusted version. Using the 7364 unique station ID numbers, I scraped the dset=1 ("after combining sources at the same location") data versions which took about a day on a high-speed network. The resulting file size is about 8.5 MB, giving some idea of how crappy Hansen's system is for providing data in an organized form for data analysis.

I was only able to download values for 7249 out of 7364 stations in a first pass. I cross-checked one of the 115 unavailable stations (MOSTAGANEM) on the manual NASA data retrieval system data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/station_data/ and did not get a value here either. I identified one read failure as due to the fact that one of two Irgiz series (211355420003) has no values in it - why, I don't know. I patched this by reading only 211355420000 - every step is a struggle with NASA, leaving 114 unavailable stations. Maybe a few of them are Irgiz types rather than Mostaganem types, but even I got weary with this crap.

I am predicting, within 5 years, two years of tempertures that will exceed those of 1998 and 2005. By all your graphs and other nonsense, this cannot happen. So when it does, I will remind you of your foolishness.

The ice cap and the glaciers continue to melt, and CO2 level continues to rise.

When the Sun becomes active again the temps will rise even more.

And if the arctic methane kicks in, watch out.

The only methane that is kicking in, resides inside your head. :cuckoo:

I see. And I am to trust you more than NOAA?

I think you were responding to the post I put up. What I said was that I was going to post a link and a quote. You can trust me that I did what i said i would do.

The thoughts and the frustration were posted by a scientist that is unsure how to prove or disprove what GISS represents as facts because it is so garbled and inconsistant as to be menaingless.

This could be what makes it the outlier that it is.

As opposed to clinging to a stone age process of gathering data that is ridiculed by most and heavily adjusted by those who conduct the process, why not join those who question both the system and the process.

If every GISS conclusion must be adjusted because the GISS knows that the data is wrong, what does this tell you about the data. Hint: It should tell you that the data is wrong.

I think you were responding to the post I put up. What I said was that I was going to post a link and a quote. You can trust me that I did what i said i would do.

The thoughts and the frustration were posted by a scientist that is unsure how to prove or disprove what GISS represents as facts because it is so garbled and inconsistant as to be menaingless.

As opposed to clinging to a stone age process of gathering data that is ridiculed by most and heavily adjusted by those who conduct the process, why not join those who question both the system and the process.

If every GISS conclusion must be adjusted because the GISS knows that the data is wrong, what does this tell you about the data. Hint: It should tell you that the data is wrong.

Atmospheric CO2 has risen by 40% in the last 200 years and we are adding 10 BILLION TONS of CO2 to the atmosphere every year. Soon we will have DOUBLED the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

The glaciers and the polar ice cap are melting.

Wake up to the reality of the situation, my friend.

This is what I love about CON$, no matter how many times you show them UAH, who got caught deceitfully using the wrong sign to "correct" for diurnal satellite drift, is the "outlier" they STILL discredit themselves by claiming GISS/GISTEMP is the outlier based on UAH's cooked data. :cuckoo:

And blogger Steve McIntyre is NOT a scientist!!! He has a BS in mathematics. And for some reason this self anointed "watchdog" has no problem with UAH deliberately using the wrong sign to "correct" for diurnal drift. :cuckoo:

UAH MSU 6-2009: +0.01 °C. Rank: 17/31
Warmest June in this series was in 1998.
Average last 12 months: 0.15 °C

GISTEMP 6-2009: +0.63 °C. Rank: 2/130
Average last 12 months: 0.51 °C.

NCDC Anomaly 6-2009: +0.62 °C. Rank: 2/130
Warmest June in this series was in 2005.
Average last 12 months: 0.54 °C.

HadCRUT3 6-2009: +0.50 °C. Rank: 3/160
Average last 12 months: 0.40 °C

HadAT 6-2009: +0.40 °C

No one has stated that at some points in history the earth has cooled and warmed. I think the point of disagreement is to do with the relevance of man's role in said heating and cooling.

More for you kooks:cuckoo:........Global Cooling Chills Summer 2009 by Deroy Murdock on National Review Online
" Earth’s temperatures continue a chilling trend that began eleven years ago."

The warmers are not gonna like that!!

Careful, you are making a liar of jreeves with that link! :lol:

BTW, the last decade is the warmest decade since the direct instrument measurement of temperature began over 100 years ago. Some "chilling trend!" :rofl:

I guess by calling someone else a liar without a leg to stand on, must make you feel better about being a hypocrite.:eusa_whistle:

Quote: Originally Posted by ozzmdj
More for you kooks:cuckoo:........Global Cooling Chills Summer 2009 by Deroy Murdock on National Review Online

No one has stated that at some points in history the earth has cooled and warmed. I think the point of disagreement is to do with the relevance of man's role in said heating and cooling.

The warmers are not gonna like that!!

BTW, the last decade is the warmest decade since the direct instrument measurement of temperature began over 100 years ago. Some "chilling trend!" :rofl:

I guess by calling someone else a liar without a leg to stand on, must make you feel better about being a hypocrite.:eusa_whistle:

Well, you DID claim the disagreement was not over the present warming trend but man's role in it.
But there are your fellow deniers claiming the warmest decade in the history of direct instrument measurement is a "chilling trend." That seems like a pretty strong leg to stand on. It sure seems like deniers are disagreeing with more than man's role in the present global warming.

Well, you DID claim the disagreement was not over the present warming trend but man's role in it.
But there are your fellow deniers claiming the warmest decade in the history of direct instrument measurement is a "chilling trend." That seems like a pretty strong leg to stand on. It sure seems like deniers are disagreeing with more than man's role in the present global warming.

You do realize that there is more than one source for temperature readings. Some are more reliable than others....

I find it astounding that you and others claim to know that AGW is taking place based on a 100 years of temperature measurements on record, yet the earth is millions of years old. If your only contention is that the earth heats up and cools off, I concede that point. If that isn't your contention then please state it clearly.

You do realize that there is more than one source for temperature readings. Some are more reliable than others....

I find it astounding that you and others claim to know that AGW is taking place based on a 100 years of temperature measurements on record, yet the earth is millions of years old. If your only contention is that the earth heats up and cools off, I concede that point. If that isn't your contention then please state it clearly.

But those cycles suggest we should be well into a new Ice age by now. So this 100 year warming trend flies in the face of the natural cycle of the last 400,000+ years.

But those cycles suggest we should be well into a new Ice age by now. So this 100 year warming trend flies in the face of the natural cycle of the last 400,000+ years.

Hmm...so you were alive the entire 400,000 + years? Just wondering since you know what the natural cycle has been for that time frame.

The earth will warm and cool of its own accord.

Warmers are sooooo arrogant regarding their own importance to climate! Laughable!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arbpu1xKAow]YouTube - George Carlin The Planet Is Fine[/ame]

Increasing atmospheric CO2 by 40% is warming the planet.

George Carlin doesn't change that.

Hmm...so you were alive the entire 400,000 + years? Just wondering since you know what the natural cycle has been for that time frame.

Well then by that same MORONIC "logic" you were alive millions of years ago!!! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back