Global Warming. Kiss Your Ass Goodbye.

That's an incorrect characterization. I don't believe weather patterns are homogeneous. Weather patterns don't have to be homogeneous for scientific principles to be applicable. The fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, water vapor in the atmosphere, cloud formation and precipitation all increase as temperature increases. Every single one of these scientific principles tells us that an overall warmer earth will be an overall wetter and greener earth. It's just science.

Do you deny that some points on the globe can get COOLER AND DRYER as the overall average gets hotter and wetter?

I don't believe I am. I am honoring the fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation which all increase as temperature increases. Every single one of these scientific principles tells us that an overall warmer earth will be an overall wetter and greener earth. It's just science.

It appears from your position that you believe that even though the world will be an overall wetter and greener climate, the net effect is that the world's weather patterns will somehow be vastly different than today. There's no evidence for that and it is illogical to believe that the distribution of earth's landmass will be the same. There's no basis for changing weather patterns.

Do you believe that as the earth warms and gets wetter that there are places on the globe that can get COOLER AND DRIER?

Like I said, you clearly don't understand the difference between the mode of a distribution and the actual concept of a distribution. You have oversimplified the earth's climate and drawn a conclusion that is not in any way valuable to the conversation.
Again... There's no basis for changing weather patterns. There's no change in earth's landmass distribution.

The earth is far more complex than that. You really should take a geography class.
The geography isn't changing. The landmass distribution is the same. There is no basis for changing weather patterns.

When it comes to an overall wetter and greener earth the scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation are the determining factors.

Why does it always come down to people "lying" to you when you fail to understand what is being said?
In this case you are motivated to lie because you have taken a position diametrically opposed to the scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation.

you fail to understand what is being said
I understand what you are saying just fine. You believe that even though the world will be an overall wetter and greener climate, the net effect is that the world's weather patterns will somehow be vastly different than today. Given that the distribution of earth's landmass will be the same. I don't see much of a change relative to today's weather patterns even if the world warms by a couple of degrees.

But that's the point. We are talking about the impact to societies and agricultural infrastructure. That means LOCAL CLIMATE becomes very important. You can have a warm wet climate NOW that will become COOL AND DRY
Which has always been the case throughout the geologic record. You have no basis for predicting your gloom and doom on such a short time scale.

Last edited:
ANd if that area turns out to be where the agricultural infrastructure is located it will cause an immediate bad event for that society.

Which is EXACTLY what this topic is about.
You have to sell your crisis. I get that. No one is buying it so you guys are going to ramp up your rhetoric. It's not founded in reality and is diametrically opposed to the fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation.

Is there even one climate scientist who will claim a warmer world will not result in a wetter, greener world?

Do you realize that humans don't just eat ALL PLANTS? That only some plants are food for us? Do you understand that different food-related plants require DIFFERENT climates to grow in?

Because it seems you think if it's green it goes into you and you live. That isn't how ANY of this works.

You really should know better. You are smarter than this.
You should know better than to argue against fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation all of which increase with temperature.

What part of life thrives in a warmer, wetter, greener climate don't you understand?

Do you deny that some points on the globe can get COOLER AND DRYER as the overall average gets hotter and wetter?
Not materially different, no. Given that the distribution of earth's landmass will be the same. I don't see much of a change relative to today's weather patterns even if the world warms by a couple of degrees.

Do you believe that as the earth warms and gets wetter that there are places on the globe that can get COOLER AND DRIER?
Not materially, no. Given that the distribution of earth's landmass will be the same. I don't see much of a change relative to today's weather patterns even if the world warms by a couple of degrees.

Not materially, no.

OK, so you don't understand climate. You are simply WRONG.

Given that the distribution of earth's landmass will be the same. I don't see much of a change relative to today's weather patterns even if the world warms by a couple of degrees.

That's because you don't understand climate. You don't understand thermohaline circulation. You don't understand how weather patterns develop.

You should know better than to argue against fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation all of which increase with temperature.

What part of life thrives in a warmer, wetter, greener climate don't you understand?

You are lost in this discussion. Take a geography class.

Which has always been the case throughout the geologic record. You have no basis for predicting your gloom and doom on such a short time scale.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Rate is key in this conversation.

Honestly your grasp of geography, climate science and even basic geology is so slim that it is pointless to try to get you to understand it. Take some time. Learn the topic first.

OK, so you don't understand climate. You are simply WRONG.
I disagree.
That's because you don't understand climate. You don't understand thermohaline circulation. You don't understand how weather patterns develop.
I disagree. Thermohaline circulation plays an important role in supplying heat to the polar regions. It influences the rate of sea ice formation near the poles, which in turn affects other aspects of the climate system (such as the albedo, and thus solar heating, at high latitudes).

Besides, increased water vapor is literally in every IPCC model as a positive feedback of CO2, remember?

You are lost in this discussion. Take a geography class.
Again... you should know better than to argue against fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation all of which increase with temperature.

What part of life thrives in a warmer, wetter, greener climate don't you understand? Because increased water vapor is literally in every IPCC model as a positive feedback of CO2, remember?

You really don't know what you are talking about.
I do know what I am talking about.
  1. Every IPCC model calculates increasing water vapor.
  2. The fundamental scientific principles of evaporative cooling, cloud formation and precipitation all increase with temperature.
  3. Landmass distribution is not changing, therefore, weather patterns will not materially change.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back