GM to sell only 0 emission cars by 2035

By 2035?...yeah sure they will...the climate alarmist and their dependent greedy filthy corporations are always so willing to predict and pontificate about things 20 years from now....after most of us listening will be dead...and you suckers fall for it every time....
These village idiots don't realize our grid is a titter tatherd fucking mess. It will take yrs to upgrade it. How God damned dumb these people are.

Cool. Those construction workers who have been on that Keystone job can just start enlarging our electric grid. Win/Win!!
Yes, because electricity runs through pipelines.

Retard.

You think they don't need welders and operators and teamsters, an every other craft to build high line towers? They aren't designing the system. Engineers have already done that. Supervision will tell them what to do next. They just have to read a blueprint and build it.

All these plans for this and no one mentioned what they are going to do about the YUGE lack of electric vehicle infrastructure.
They plan on building it.
They better start. Closest EV charging port to me is an hour away. And the closest one to that is about an hour and a half away.
It's worse than just the limited number of charging stations. The ones that DO exist may be capable of charging at 90 to 120 amps, but since they so often get installed with government grants, they are typically have very limited service from the breaker. This means you can hang out waiting for a charge that could be charging 3 or 4 times faster. When the government builds infrastructure for EVs, it is like having the government help small businesses with free floppy disk drives. The government is building an obsolete charging infrastructure, so it will have to be built again the right way in the coming years. The government won't even realize that we need the new infrastructure for many years.
Sheesh. You are about five years out of date.

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.
Nope, fossil fuel will still be needed forever. Electricity has to come from somewhere.
Electricity is not the problem. In TN we get 40% from Nuclear, a huge amount from hydroelectric and yes some from fissile fuels. Electric production is going to be doable. Not so sure about planes, trains and automobiles. I kind of like all three. I cannot see planes or trains in the foreseeable future. Pretty sure can possible make automobiles work, but not sure of the effects of the battery production that would be required, where the natural resources come from and our dependence level on foreign supply. I am not anti the idea. I just need to be sure it is not going to disadvantage us comparatively to other nations. I am not from Missouri, but somebody will have to "show me" and explain step by step the unintended consequences before I can climb aboard.
In China the fast trains are electric. And, as the batteries sail past 400 watt/hr kg, the light planes will be practical, at 800 watt/hr kg, larger passenger planes will go electric.

I think I will wait to see full size passenger jet at nomal speeds at 30,000 ft, but good luck with it.

You have about a decade to wait.

All these plans for this and no one mentioned what they are going to do about the YUGE lack of electric vehicle infrastructure.
They better start. Closest EV charging port to me is an hour away. And the closest one to that is about an hour and a half away.
It's worse than just the limited number of charging stations. The ones that DO exist may be capable of charging at 90 to 120 amps, but since they so often get installed with government grants, they are typically have very limited service from the breaker. This means you can hang out waiting for a charge that could be charging 3 or 4 times faster. When the government builds infrastructure for EVs, it is like having the government help small businesses with free floppy disk drives. The government is building an obsolete charging infrastructure, so it will have to be built again the right way in the coming years. The government won't even realize that we need the new infrastructure for many years.
You will be amazed at what can happen when energy companies see profit in it. Instead of drilling multi-million dollar holes in the ground, they will be running lines to charging stations all around the country.
The best wind and solar areas in this nation have no grids to them. If the government put grids out there, they could recoup the money as the utilities installed vast wind and solar farms.

We need to start building a bunch of nuclear power plants if fossil fuel is out by 2035.
Where will we put all the waste?

do-you-want-to-become-the-toxic-avenger-because-that-how-you-become-the-toxic-avenger.jpg
I favor a really deep hole or boosted into the sun until the illusive unicorn genie of fusion is practical.
We simply do not need nuclear. Too expensive, too dangerous. We can do it all with renewables, and do it far cheaper.
I am in TN. I believe we have the newest brought only line in the country. TVA doing a good job. Nuclear does not scare me as much as others, possibly because my mother worked in the building with the ovens, processing uranium at Oak Ridge Tn back the the world war II days. I wonder about some of the older facilities in the country myself and it used to bother on that left turn before landing at Three Mile Island, looking almost straight down the cooling towers.

By 2035?...yeah sure they will...the climate alarmist and their dependent greedy filthy corporations are always so willing to predict and pontificate about things 20 years from now....after most of us listening will be dead...and you suckers fall for it every time....
These village idiots don't realize our grid is a titter tatherd fucking mess. It will take yrs to upgrade it. How God damned dumb these people are.

Cool. Those construction workers who have been on that Keystone job can just start enlarging our electric grid. Win/Win!!

Retard.

You think they don't need welders and operators and teamsters, an every other craft to build high line towers? They aren't designing the system. Engineers have already done that. Supervision will tell them what to do next. They just have to read a blueprint and build it.
"Learn to code."

Retard.

Relocation...uprooting...applying...healthcare changes...new schools etc etc etc lower income if you do find work....all during a pandemic...what's the emergency?...it was done for show and to get back at Trump and his voters...and that's not my America....is it yours?...

It's a nice idea but it will never happen. Let China take the lead on this if they want to prove they are the world's leader. Go ahead you commie bastards

The days of the internal combustion engine are numbered.

General Motors said Thursday that it would phase out petroleum-powered cars and trucks and sell only vehicles that have zero tailpipe emissions by 2035, a seismic shift by one of the world’s largest automakers that makes billions of dollars today from gas-guzzling pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles.

The announcement is likely to put pressure on automakers around the world to make similar commitments. It could also embolden President Biden and other elected officials to push for even more aggressive policies to fight climate change. Leaders could point to G.M.’s decision as evidence that even big businesses have decided that it is time for the world to begin to transition away from fossil fuels that have powered the global economy for more than a century.

Very good news. I already drive a hybrid and will change to an all electric vehicle soon.

One of the solutions to climate change will come from the free market. Market forces are speaking. Fossil fuels are on the way out.

The end of the internal combustion engine is nigh.

Forget the combustion chamber, you haven't yet left the echo chamber. How is power generated for you electric toy-mobile?
I believe making these car batteries causes just as much global warming with gas at 100k miles driving

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.
Nope, fossil fuel will still be needed forever. Electricity has to come from somewhere.
Electricity is not the problem. In TN we get 40% from Nuclear, a huge amount from hydroelectric and yes some from fissile fuels. Electric production is going to be doable. Not so sure about planes, trains and automobiles. I kind of like all three. I cannot see planes or trains in the foreseeable future. Pretty sure can possible make automobiles work, but not sure of the effects of the battery production that would be required, where the natural resources come from and our dependence level on foreign supply. I am not anti the idea. I just need to be sure it is not going to disadvantage us comparatively to other nations. I am not from Missouri, but somebody will have to "show me" and explain step by step the unintended consequences before I can climb aboard.
In China the fast trains are electric. And, as the batteries sail past 400 watt/hr kg, the light planes will be practical, at 800 watt/hr kg, larger passenger planes will go electric.

I think I will wait to see full size passenger jet at nomal speeds at 30,000 ft, but good luck with it.

You have about a decade to wait.

Looking forward to the new technology.

General Motors said Thursday that it would phase out petroleum-powered cars and trucks and sell only vehicles that have zero tailpipe emissions by 2035, a seismic shift by one of the world’s largest automakers that makes billions of dollars today from gas-guzzling pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles.

The announcement is likely to put pressure on automakers around the world to make similar commitments. It could also embolden President Biden and other elected officials to push for even more aggressive policies to fight climate change. Leaders could point to G.M.’s decision as evidence that even big businesses have decided that it is time for the world to begin to transition away from fossil fuels that have powered the global economy for more than a century.

Very good news. I already drive a hybrid and will change to an all electric vehicle soon.

One of the solutions to climate change will come from the free market. Market forces are speaking. Fossil fuels are on the way out.

May I be so bold as to ask what color is your purse?

Retard.

"Learn to code."

Miners aren't pipeliners.

Here's my 81. If you lived next to me I'd let it idle 24/7

DSCN1409.JPG

Retard.

Relocation...uprooting...applying...healthcare changes...new schools etc etc etc lower income if you do find work....all during a pandemic...what's the emergency?...it was done for show and to get back at Trump and his voters...and that's not my America....is it yours?...

Those things happen at the completion of every pipeline. It is your America, Of course, you are free to pack your shit and leave our country if you don't like it. We don't need you.

When your thumbing away after your car dies, I'll wave and honk.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH! XD
Screenshot_2021-01-28 bwhahahahaah - Google Search.png

You people never learn do you? You never learn anything, do you?

In 1996, GM produced the EV1, and I remember left-wing Democrat eco-freaks running around screaming that this was the end of the internal combustion engine! It was over!

In 2003, the Tesla company was created, and started producing their Roadster, and left-wing Democrat eco-freaks were running around screaming this was it! It was done! The doom of internal combustion engines was nigh!

Here we are 2021, and GM says they want to stop making gas cars in 2035.... and here you people go again.... It's over! It's the end! The doom of gas cars has arrived!

XD

You people. You silly little toddlers. You remind me of my nephews when they were young, hearing something, running around screaming about it, and then the next day you say the same thing, and they run around screaming about it again.

Toddlers all of you. I expect in 2035, we'll still be driving gas cars, and someone will announce some other thing, and you'll be back on here proclaiming the doom of gas cars again. Over and over it happens.

Sheesh. You are about five years out of date.
Tesla has had its own faster network for longer than five years. It's for teslas.

You will be amazed at what can happen when energy companies see profit in it. Instead of drilling multi-million dollar holes in the ground, they will be running lines to charging stations all around the country.
What will be the source of the electricity?

Forum List

Back