GM to sell only 0 emission cars by 2035

All these plans for this and no one mentioned what they are going to do about the YUGE lack of electric vehicle infrastructure.
They plan on building it.
They better start. Closest EV charging port to me is an hour away. And the closest one to that is about an hour and a half away.
It's worse than just the limited number of charging stations. The ones that DO exist may be capable of charging at 90 to 120 amps, but since they so often get installed with government grants, they are typically have very limited service from the breaker. This means you can hang out waiting for a charge that could be charging 3 or 4 times faster. When the government builds infrastructure for EVs, it is like having the government help small businesses with free floppy disk drives. The government is building an obsolete charging infrastructure, so it will have to be built again the right way in the coming years. The government won't even realize that we need the new infrastructure for many years.
You will be amazed at what can happen when energy companies see profit in it. Instead of drilling multi-million dollar holes in the ground, they will be running lines to charging stations all around the country.
What will be the source of the electricity?
Wind and solar...thanks for playin...

Those construction workers who have been on that Keystone job can just start enlarging our electric grid. Win/Win!!
Where will you get the electricity to move along the new, bigger, better, improved electric grid?

Sorry, but nobody told me I'm responsible for making those decisions. I'm sure lots of smart engineers are working on those specifics right now. You sound as if you think there will be an effort to dump our current energy sources before a suitable replacement is developed. I'm not sure how you could believe something so goofy.
Except it's happened in other countries....I give you Germany
We had four years of an imbecile that tried to take us back to the 50's promising the rebirth of coal. That idiot is gone.

Fossil Fuel is on the way out. It will follow the way of coal.

So, what about the increased emissions that we use to manufacture vehicles? What about the 273.6 million vehicles out there? What happens when all 273.6 million vehicles need to be charged, where does the energy come from?

Those construction workers who have been on that Keystone job can just start enlarging our electric grid. Win/Win!!
Where will you get the electricity to move along the new, bigger, better, improved electric grid?

Sorry, but nobody told me I'm responsible for making those decisions. I'm sure lots of smart engineers are working on those specifics right now. You sound as if you think there will be an effort to dump our current energy sources before a suitable replacement is developed. I'm not sure how you could believe something so goofy.
We had four years of an imbecile that tried to take us back to the 50's promising the rebirth of coal. That idiot is gone.
you seem to forget Merkal just shut off all their nukes....ya know 0 emissions

You have nukes on the brain...meds could help.

You have nukes on the brain...meds could help.
We gotta save the planet man

By 2035?...yeah sure they will...the climate alarmist and their dependent greedy filthy corporations are always so willing to predict and pontificate about things 20 years from now....after most of us listening will be dead...and you suckers fall for it every time....
These village idiots don't realize our grid is a titter tatherd fucking mess. It will take yrs to upgrade it. How God damned dumb these people are.

Cool. Those construction workers who have been on that Keystone job can just start enlarging our electric grid. Win/Win!!
Yes, because electricity runs through pipelines.

Retard.

You think they don't need welders and operators and teamsters, an every other craft to build high line towers? They aren't designing the system. Engineers have already done that. Supervision will tell them what to do next. They just have to read a blueprint and build it.
"Learn to code."

Miners aren't pipeliners.
That's the standard leftist too-good-to-get-their-hands-dirty, contempt-for-the-working-man answer: "Learn to code."

Liberals have accepted the man-made global warming doomsday hoax as reality

for them the earth is going to be uninhabitable someday

when that date is only Al Gore and Greta Thunberg know for sure

but in their goofy world its gonna happen unless we ditch fossil fuels immediately

And no inconvenience or loss of living standard is too much to pay to save the planet
They'll be fine; they're very wealthy.

But the working class? Leftists don't give a shit about them.

All these plans for this and no one mentioned what they are going to do about the YUGE lack of electric vehicle infrastructure.
They better start. Closest EV charging port to me is an hour away. And the closest one to that is about an hour and a half away.
It's worse than just the limited number of charging stations. The ones that DO exist may be capable of charging at 90 to 120 amps, but since they so often get installed with government grants, they are typically have very limited service from the breaker. This means you can hang out waiting for a charge that could be charging 3 or 4 times faster. When the government builds infrastructure for EVs, it is like having the government help small businesses with free floppy disk drives. The government is building an obsolete charging infrastructure, so it will have to be built again the right way in the coming years. The government won't even realize that we need the new infrastructure for many years.
You will be amazed at what can happen when energy companies see profit in it. Instead of drilling multi-million dollar holes in the ground, they will be running lines to charging stations all around the country.
How do you make plastic and fertilizer with wind and solar?

Hemp oil

Hemp oil
I didn't ask what you're drinking.

But (LEFTIST TRIGGER WARNING: MATH), let's examine this. I know the effort is wasted on you, but this interests me for a minute, so I'm going to quantify how you're wrong.

In 2018, the United States produced 118,892,000 barrels of naphtha and other oils for petrochemical feedstock use...making plastics, among other things. That's six and a half billion gallons of oil, 32 and a half billion pounds.

You can get 200 pounds of crude CBD oil out of an acre of hemp.

You would need 163,476,500 acres to be planted with hemp to produce the same amount of petroleum.

That's almost the size of Texas, which has 167,188,294 acres of land area. And that's assuming hemp oil is chemically similar to petroleum, which is doubtful.

So, your "answer" to my question is insanely unrealistic. Dismissed.

Hemp oil

But (LEFTIST TRIGGER WARNING: MATH), let's examine this. I know the effort is wasted on you, but this interests me for a minute, so I'm going to quantify how you're wrong.

In 2018, the United States produced 118,892,000 barrels of naphtha and other oils for petrochemical feedstock use...making plastics, among other things. That's six and a half billion gallons of oil, 32 and a half billion pounds.

You would need 163,476,500 acres to be planted with hemp to produce the same amount of petroleum.

That's almost the size of Texas, which has 167,188,294 acres of land area. And that's assuming hemp oil is chemically similar to petroleum, which is doubtful.

Great math breakdown. I think some of these folks are going to need to see how many acres of solar panels would be needed to to charge all the cars and trucks if we stopped using fossil fuel. I think a lot of people would be shocked to see how many panels it would take just to fill up a single EV with 40 to 60 KWH over the useful sunlight portion of a day.

By 2035?...yeah sure they will...the climate alarmist and their dependent greedy filthy corporations are always so willing to predict and pontificate about things 20 years from now....after most of us listening will be dead...and you suckers fall for it every time....
These village idiots don't realize our grid is a titter tatherd fucking mess. It will take yrs to upgrade it. How God damned dumb these people are.

Cool. Those construction workers who have been on that Keystone job can just start enlarging our electric grid. Win/Win!!
Yes, because electricity runs through pipelines.

Retard.

You think they don't need welders and operators and teamsters, an every other craft to build high line towers? They aren't designing the system. Engineers have already done that. Supervision will tell them what to do next. They just have to read a blueprint and build it.
"Learn to code."

Miners aren't pipeliners.
That's the standard leftist too-good-to-get-their-hands-dirty, contempt-for-the-working-man answer: "Learn to code."

Do you think it wold be more respectful to suggest some menial job that doesn't pay much?

No more Corvettes or Camaros then, eh?

Yea, sure.
2021 model

mustang-mach-e.jpg
UM that's a Mustang....

Hemp oil

Great answer

And Bart, aka moonglow, goes “duh”

plus all the windmills we would need to make the electricity to run the electric tractors with their 2 hour battery life that cost several times more than a diesel tractor that can work all day

Forum List

Back