GMOs will make your grand-kids stupid...?

What troubles me is most are totally dependent on mass produced foods.

Really, how are they dependent upon it? Please explain.

Mass produced foods are the most bountiful. They're sold in every supermarket, and the fact they're mass produced makes them very affordable. You can go to a Farmer's Market or try and buy produce and meats from there, but it's a longer drive depending the distance between you and the farmer's market, they're more scarce, and the products are probably more expensive. So we're dependent because of budget and scarcity of fresh produce.

Lucky me, my budget isn't restrictive and the farmers market is just minutes away.

OK, all that aside...........

200 years ago we were an agrarian society, probably about 90% of all peoples in the USA farmed in some manner. Now, it is less than 4%. I really don't see the benefit if 90% of the people were to return to farming, do you?

Really, how are they dependent upon it? Please explain.

Mass produced foods are the most bountiful. They're sold in every supermarket, and the fact they're mass produced makes them very affordable. You can go to a Farmer's Market or try and buy produce and meats from there, but it's a longer drive depending the distance between you and the farmer's market, they're more scarce, and the products are probably more expensive. So we're dependent because of budget and scarcity of fresh produce.

Lucky me, my budget isn't restrictive and the farmers market is just minutes away.

OK, all that aside...........

200 years ago we were an agrarian society, probably about 90% of all peoples in the USA farmed in some manner. Now, it is less than 4%. I really don't see the benefit if 90% of the people were to return to farming, do you?

I don't see the benefit either, but I don't feel like eating GMO's because they're the only thing available either.

There are loop holes. I am gonna claim its against my religion to have health care. I read the documents and thats a loop hole.

Forum List

Back