🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

GObP/Rs attack the First Amendment

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
This is very interesting ... I post to the fb pages of my state senator and my representative. (They really don't "represent me, but you get my drift.) I am always civil and on topic. Suddenly, I am barred from those fb pages. Posted on another fb page are comments from others who have also been banned from their own congressperson's page.

Just now, tried to post to the GObP fb page and got the same message - that I cannot post there.

In the past, rather than address issues brought up in various posts, the 'webmaster' of the fb pages would go through the messages several times a day and delete anything negative or questioning.

(In contrast, negative and down right nasty messages are left up at the official WH/Obama fb page.)

This is very much like what we've seen the Rs do at so-called "town meetings" where they have people hauled out by security so embarrassing questions can't be asked. Or where Rs have run away from microphones so they wouldn't have to face the American people.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The only thing the Rs have not done is pass a law that silences the opposition.

You're also likely to get arrested if you stand on their front lawn and yell.

Somebody should make a law...

Action Blocked
You have been blocked from performing this action.

If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know.

If a D or the prez did this, you rw's would be screeching your heads off.

And, rightly so.

So, you're saying that only Americans who agree with the right wing should be able to talk to rw politicians?

And, that if you disagree with rw politicians, there should be a law against you voicing that opposition.

No wonder its known as The Party Of Stupid People.

So, you're saying that only Americans who agree with the right wing should be able to talk to rw politicians?

And, that if you disagree with rw politicians, there should be a law against you voicing that opposition.

No wonder its known as The Party Of Stupid People.

Based on your behaviors here, you probably weren't kicked off for being a liberal, you were kicked off for writing stupid, pointless posts that had nothing to do with anything and not processing answers to your questions.

And again, what does your getting blocked have to do with the first amendment?

I'm saying Facebook is private property. No one is stopping you from going to their offices, writing them a letter, calling them, sending them emails, hiring a Strippergram, or renting a billboard with your concerns.

I'm sure the ACLU is waiting with baited breath to take you case. Instead of bitching about this whole affair online, replete with copious amounts of righteous indignation, give them a call.

I am always civil and on topic. Suddenly, I am barred from those fb pages.

What does that have to do with the first amendment?

And why would we believe your claim are civil and on topic there when you are never either here?

I suppose your bias contaminates your ability to read and comprehend. The First Amendment says Congress shall make no laws ...., and L.N. simply suggested the FB page violated the spirit of what all of America believes, that we can all express are opinions freely and without fear of being censored, or worse.

Also, please interpret your last sentence(?).

I'm saying Facebook is private property. No one is stopping you from going to their offices, writing them a letter, calling them, sending them emails, hiring a Strippergram, or renting a billboard with your concerns.

I'm sure the ACLU is waiting with baited breath to take you case. Instead of bitching about this whole affair online, replete with copious amounts of righteous indignation, give them a call.

Many things go way over you head. That's sad. Pointing out what a private sector business does isn't whining or bitching, it's doing nothing more than people do everyday on "Yelp". Warning others of bugs in the salad or dirty silverware (I hope that's not too abstract for you).

And why would we believe your claim are civil and on topic there when you are never either here?

I suppose your bias contaminates your ability to read and comprehend. The First Amendment says Congress shall make no laws ...., and L.N. simply suggested the FB page violated the spirit of what all of America believes, that we can all express are opinions freely and without fear of being censored, or worse.

I suppose your stupidity contaminates your ability to read and comprehend. The first amendment says government cannot regulate speech. There is nothing in the spirit of the amedment that says you can say anything any time you want to anyone in any way, even on their dime, and suffer no consequences for that.

This is very interesting ... I post to the fb pages of my state senator and my representative. (They really don't "represent me, but you get my drift.) I am always civil and on topic. Suddenly, I am barred from those fb pages. Posted on another fb page are comments from others who have also been banned from their own congressperson's page.

Just now, tried to post to the GObP fb page and got the same message - that I cannot post there.

In the past, rather than address issues brought up in various posts, the 'webmaster' of the fb pages would go through the messages several times a day and delete anything negative or questioning.

(In contrast, negative and down right nasty messages are left up at the official WH/Obama fb page.)

This is very much like what we've seen the Rs do at so-called "town meetings" where they have people hauled out by security so embarrassing questions can't be asked. Or where Rs have run away from microphones so they wouldn't have to face the American people.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The government is shut down.
There are no staff to run the Congresses FB pages.
Neither is any of the other Gov. web pages, like the OPM. You just get the general info.

Hey Luddly, do you want to read something that should equally piss you off, but this comes soley from the left? Something so sinister that it has the capability destroying anything that the MSM doesn't report? Let's see if any of you can figure out what I'm talking about. Think Feinstein.

I suppose your stupidity contaminates your ability to read and comprehend. The first amendment says government cannot regulate speech. There is nothing in the spirit of the amedment that says you can say anything any time you want to anyone in any way, even on their dime, and suffer no consequences for that.

That's what you get when you don't bother to read the op.

The government is shut down.
There are no staff to run the Congresses FB pages.
Neither is any of the other Gov. web pages, like the OPM. You just get the general info.

Lame.

Really really lame.

Edited to add ... I just realized you probably don't know those are volunteer positions and manned by unpaid "interns".

You stated this very well. Thanks very much.

Its always the Repubs who run away from questions.

Always.

It's their own facebook page. They can do whatever they want with it. However, if it was ran using tax money, that would be a different story.

There's a monumental difference between blocking someone from posting on your personal facebook page, and passing a law silencing opposition. Let's not start screaming armageddon over stupid shit like this.

It's their own facebook page. They can do whatever they want with it. However, if it was ran using tax money, that would be a different story.

There's a monumental difference between blocking someone from posting on your personal facebook page, and passing a law silencing opposition. Let's not start screaming armageddon over stupid shit like this.

You didn't read my post either.

You stated this very well. Thanks very much.

Its always the Repubs who run away from questions.

Always.

Despite what you two simpletons wan to believe, there is nothing in the spirit of the first amendment that allows you to write your inane drivel on someone else's space without their consent. As for your view the left doesn't run from questions. As I said, you're a couple of simpletons.

Forum List

Back