God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

The Gnostic Christian reality.

How many truths are out there?

Christians and logic tells us there can only be one truth -- the Bible.

Today, logic told us that those who believed in Jesus Christ were saved and hit the jackpot. We were able to see what happens to us in the future. We have the evidence of the empty tomb. Instead, for you it may as well be Easter as you don't mention Jesus as our Savior. You may as well join the other non-believers.
Jesus is not the ultimate source of salvation. The definition of the name Jesus shows this.

Do you all know what the definition of the name Jesus is?

Hint: the definition of the prefix and suffix and the Hebrew derivation of the name Jesus.

The inquisition gets an undeserved rap. Gnostics we’re reprehensible. Their practices were reprehensible. They were the aggressors much like the OP is an aggressor.

The inquisitions actually raised the bar for requiring trials and evidence. Something we still do today.

I did not expect anyone to defend the inquisitions!

For a history of these trials of 'heretics' see:

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL
Satan is the author of SIN and EVIL. These are the result of distancing one's self from the will of GOD. GOD's will is that we love HIM and seek a close relationship with HIM. Evil seeks to ignore GOD and supplant HIS will for that of its own.

Interesting that you give Satan the same creating power god has, even as the quote I used denies that.

You are putting Satan as equal to Yahweh.

I do not agree as Yahweh murders way more babies in scriptures than Satan does. You migh try reading the bible some time.

Regards
DL

Unfortunately, and historically the answer is No.

The religious have been the vasy majority for the last 5,000 years of our history of almost non-stop war.

Only really stupid people will think the small minority of atheists manipulated the religious to fight all those wars, but hey, if you want to thing theists that stupid, go ahead.

I see that you do not argue against the modern statistics that show atheists are a lot more moral than theists. Smart that as you look foolish enough already.

Regards
DL

And the history of Christendom is the most violent of any group despite the fact that they claim they are following Jesus who taught us to love our enemies.(Matthew 5:44)

Those of my religion do not go to war (Isaiah 2:2-4)

Christianity uses Jesus as their scapegoat so they can abdicate their own responsibility for their sins, so it is quite natural for them to blame everyone but themselves.

Inquisitions and jihad are all they have since they cannot argue for the goodness of their genocidal and ever so good god.

They call evil good and good evil and blame atheists for everything they can.

That is why they run for the hills whenever one tries to have them look at their vile morals.

Regards
DL

We call them Christendom - they are not true Christians because they do not follow what Jesus taught.

As I posted above, Christendom has the most violent history of any group - thank you for noting the inquistions. (Jihad is Islam btw). As Lutheran pastor Niemoller noted after observing the evidence of the holocaust:

"IS God to blame for the wars fought by humankind? “No, God does not want war.” That is how Martin Niemöller, a well-known German Protestant clergyman, answered this question shortly after the end of World War II. His comments were published in 1946 in a book called Ach Gott vom Himmel sieh darein—Sechs Predigten (O God, Look From Heaven—Six Sermons).* The book states:

“Whoever wants to blame God for [wars] does not know, or does not want to know, God’s Word. Of course, it is a different question whether or not we Christians bear a good measure of guilt for the incessant wars. And we cannot escape this question so easily. . . . It can also be accurately recalled that Christian churches have, throughout the ages, repeatedly given themselves to blessing wars, troops, and weapons and that they prayed in a very unchristian way for the destruction of their enemies at war. All this is our fault and the fault of our fathers, but by no means is God to blame. And we Christians of today stand ashamed before a so-called sect like the Earnest Bible Students [Jehovah’s Witnesses], who by the hundreds and thousands went into concentration camps and [even] died because they declined service in war and refused to fire on humans.”

That's just plain ridiculous, God used people in the bible to start wars against his enemies on earth . In fact Lucifer never killed anyone in the bible.

Sure lucifer made people like Job miserable, but God didn't let him kill him

Not Job, but Satan did kill his children and others. All under god's permission.

God is like a don who sends out his hit man. God is more culpable for those murders than Satan.

Regards
DL

Most people who are familiar with the Bible recognize that Satan the Devil was/is in opposition to Jehovah.

Defintions:
Devil = Slanderer
Satan = Resister

Why do you not oppose a genocidal god who has murdered so many innocent babies and children?

Regards
DL

The
Christians and logic tells us there can only be one truth -- the Bible.

A book that begins with a talking serpent and later also has a talking donkey.

Yep, a lot of truth there. Right?

You say Jesus is your savior.

What did you do bad enough to earn hell when your own book of truth says that justice is close to an eye for an eye, meaning that the punishment should suit the crime or sin.

You earned hell, purposeless and death so must have killed someone. Right?

Have you ever looked at the morality of you abdicating your responsibility for your sins?

Justify substitutional punishment for us. That should be easy given your high moral standards.

Regards
DL

The Bible does not teach the false doctrine of eternal torment in Hell Fire. Ecclesiastes 9:5 says the dead are conscious of nothing at all.

The bible also says that there are real talking serpents and donkeys.

Do you believe that as well?

Regards
DL

The inquisition gets an undeserved rap. Gnostics we’re reprehensible. Their practices were reprehensible. They were the aggressors much like the OP is an aggressor.

The inquisitions actually raised the bar for requiring trials and evidence. Something we still do today.

Our friend defends a genocidal god so it is not surprising that he would also defend the murderers the church used in their many inquisitions. He would likely also defend jihads.

Remember that that the a hole you are talking to is an atheist troll with no life.

Just look above at the garbage he posts that go ignored by the intelligent.

Regards
DL

Probably because you don’t know the history of the so called Gnostic Christians or understood that this was the first time they held trials and presented evidence. You probably think it was a witch hunt. It wasn’t.

Of course history also incorrectly recorded the institution of American slavery. People don’t have the correct history of that either.

I have noticed a trend that evil sometimes wins when it comes to disparaging the truth. A lie told often enough becomes truth. Sad really.

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,
He only created it to give humanity freedom of choice.

Last edited:

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,
G-d didn’t create evil. Everything G-d created is good. No one does evil for evil’s sake. Evil is not extant. Evil is the absence of good. So G-d did not create evil.

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,
G-d didn’t create evil. Everything G-d created is good. No one does evil for evil’s sake. Evil is not extant. Evil is the absence of good. So G-d did not create evil.

Not sure I can agree no one does evil for its own sake.
However, and who created the possibility for the "absence of good"?

Do you?

Regards
DL
Which god? Your god? The Christian god? Oden? Thor? Athena? Cheeto Jesus?

Who?

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,

Scriptures say that god does not allow freedom of choice.

This link imbedded below shows that clearly.
------------------
Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Strange that you think god would create a plan where he was forced to do something he did not like, especially given that quite that you have torn out of your bible, or choose to ignore.

Will you also ignore the many quotes in that link?

If so, why call yourself a Christian?

Regards
DL

Do you?

Regards
DL
Which god? Your god? The Christian god? Oden? Thor? Athena? Cheeto Jesus?

Who?

I guess that you did not read the O.P. that quotes the bible. Please read it.

Regards
DL

P.S.
I know it is all a myth, but to engage literalists, I have to play in their imaginary realm.

spirit, soul and body.

Spirit is life, the body is our form.

Describe what you mean by soul. Not woo I hope. If you say you have a soul, you should know what it is, otherwise it is just a hunch on your part.

I think it falls into the realm of the unknowable god concept, unless you have suffered your apotheosis like the very few of us have.

Regards
DL
I can't give you an answer about a soul. I don't know, really.

The conception of soul can be easily explained based on dualistic worldview. And there was the time when I was leaning towards it. But now not that much.
Do you mind if I asked what changed?
One of the reason is because I couldn't find an appropriate answer to me about the question I proposed above to another poster. It is possible to assume that a human being has two natures, but how do the two natures manifest themselves in other parts of material world?

The other reason is that some time ago I was interested in Zoroastrianism. I still like their philosophy, though. But I was disappointed by their primitivism as a whole. Btw, Zoroastrianism despite its dualism is on the opposite scale of Gnosticism. For them, the material world is the best creation which was partially spoiled by the evil force.

You have been reading what the inquisitors lied about us to justify their murders of us.

They gave the mythical view that we used against Christians. Not our real view. Please give our real view a look to see how we love matter nand the world that nature has provided.

I have corrected ding a few times on this and he still spreads the lie.

---------

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Well, it is not only about the incquision. Modern authors also write about anti-material views of Gnostics.

What is the main book of the teaching you follow?

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,

------------------

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Strange that you think god would create a plan where he was forced to do something he did not like, especially given that quite that you have torn out of your bible, or choose to ignore.

Regards
DL

What scriptures and verse are You relying on?

Torah says:
"This day, I call upon the heaven and the earth as witnesses [that I have warned] you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. You shall choose life, so that you and your offspring will live;"

spirit, soul and body.

Describe what you mean by soul. Not woo I hope. If you say you have a soul, you should know what it is, otherwise it is just a hunch on your part.

I think it falls into the realm of the unknowable god concept, unless you have suffered your apotheosis like the very few of us have.

Regards
DL

The conception of soul can be easily explained based on dualistic worldview. And there was the time when I was leaning towards it. But now not that much.
So do you believe in a soul?
As I said above I don't know. I don't believe in what I don't understand.

How do you understand Genesis 2:7 "and man became a living soul"?
The word Chai (living) indicates a recognition and appreciation of God.
Actions God disapproves of are dead (Mase).
Can you explain it once more? It seems I fail to comprehend it.

spirit, soul and body.

Regards
DL

Do you mind if I asked what changed?
One of the reason is because I couldn't find an appropriate answer to me about the question I proposed above to another poster. It is possible to assume that a human being has two natures, but how do the two natures manifest themselves in other parts of material world?

The other reason is that some time ago I was interested in Zoroastrianism. I still like their philosophy, though. But I was disappointed by their primitivism as a whole. Btw, Zoroastrianism despite its dualism is on the opposite scale of Gnosticism. For them, the material world is the best creation which was partially spoiled by the evil force.

You have been reading what the inquisitors lied about us to justify their murders of us.

They gave the mythical view that we used against Christians. Not our real view. Please give our real view a look to see how we love matter nand the world that nature has provided.

I have corrected ding a few times on this and he still spreads the lie.

---------

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Well, it is not only about the incquision. Modern authors also write about anti-material views of Gnostics.

What is the main book of the teaching you follow?

The Gnostic gospels and the knowledge that our myths are not to be read literally.

Let me give you some information and a mental challenge based on logic, reason and science.

The Christian reality.

-----------

Candide.

Regards
DL

spirit, soul and body.

Regards
DL

So do you believe in a soul?
As I said above I don't know. I don't believe in what I don't understand.

How do you understand Genesis 2:7 "and man became a living soul"?
The word Chai (living) indicates a recognition and appreciation of God.
Actions God disapproves of are dead (Mase).
Can you explain it once more? It seems I fail to comprehend it.
Whew!
Hebrew contains about 500 words; it contains less than half the words of the next larger language.
The KJV and every Jewish Publication house out there is not a translation, or for the most part, interpreting the words incorrectly.
Mostly because you have to educate yourself on the components of the Torah and people just like to read without researching what the words actually mean.

The word Chai, translated as "life", actually means a connection to God.
God is eternal and anything connected to eternity is alive.

Mase (death), is a corruption of God's will, as described in the Torah, and anything connected to corruption is dead.
Dead means not having God as your source of existence so the part of you that is not connected to God in this physical existence will not exist in the non-physical world.

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,

------------------

Regards
DL

What scriptures and verse are You relying on?

Torah says: "This day, I call upon the heaven and the earth as witnesses [that I have warned] you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. You shall choose life, so that you and your offspring will live;"

I gave the only quote I needed in the O.P.

As a Jew, if I read you right, I am surprised that you would be a literalist given what your wiser than Christian ancients thought. Heel, Christianity even took the androgyny out of Yahweh when they usurped him from Jewry and reversed the moral of the story of Eden from your Original Virtue to their silly Original Sin view.

When did you become a literalist? Rabbi Hillel would be shocked and disappointed in you.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back