God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

But if any of you want to believe that God made evil then I am more than happy for God to explain it to you later.

Additional confirmation that everything God created can be found in man’s refusal to abandon the concept of good.

After man fails to do good he doesn’t say, the hell with goodness I want to be evil, he argues that what he did was good or that someone else is to blame.

Subjective opinion is not proof of objective truth.
Now the question you've been weaseling allover -

Who created the evil inclination?

It appears that the OP and rylah are in agreement that God created evil.

Cognitive difficulties much?

The OP's believes there's no freedom of choice, and evil serves "G-d's pleasure".

rylah knows G-d created evil inclination to give humanity freedom of choice.

ding juggles between "evil doesn't exist'" and "evil is personal good".
No. That’s not what I argued. That’s your straw man. Go ahead and knock it down. You are only hurting yourself by bearing false witness against your neighbor.

of course you have probably rationalized I deserved it like Adam rationalized it was God’s fault that he ate the forbidden fruit because the woman God made gave it to him.

False witness? My neighbor?
Some day you might start making some sense... I hope soon.
I forgive you.

Additional confirmation that everything God created can be found in man’s refusal to abandon the concept of good.

After man fails to do good he doesn’t say, the hell with goodness I want to be evil, he argues that what he did was good or that someone else is to blame.

What part of evil is not extant did you not understand?

What you call evil is in reality the absence of good.

For example when Adam ate from the forbidden tree of knowledge of good and evil, he did not say l, hey God what I did was wrong. He said, heh God it’s your fault because the woman you made gave it to me.

And that's is Adam confirming he did wrong.

That's reading comprehension 101.

All that is logically flawed.
Can you explain how?

I already did in length several times, and not just me.
You just act as if nothing was said.
Actually you didn’t. The conclusion of your logic is God is to blame for creating evil.

my argument is that everything God created is good and that man is to blame when he behaves without goodness.

so I am struggling to see how you corrected anything. You can’t even state your position at this point because it literally starts with your belief that God created evil.

But you are free to keep making rhetorical statements and I will keep making my affirmative case and the logical conclusion of your ridiculous belief that God created evil.

Oh c'mon,
so now you just pedal back on everything you've initially claimed,
and instead of admitting, reverse our arguments to confirm everything I've said?

This is a silly game.

But one thing good, is you eventually learn.
I’m not back peddling on anything. Can you show me how I have back peddled?

Read my previous posts,
you've just confirmed everything I've said which you tried to oppose.
So instead of having the integrity to admit, simply pretend that was your argument.

Silly games.
I’m sure you consciously believe you did. But subconsciously I’m not so sure because you are still arguing it.

whereas my argument was made and I am comfortable with it. I defended God.

And which god would that be, the dead guy,
or the Chinese one born from an egg?

Those sure could use some "defense" from a ding... though not sure it complements either....
There is only one God. Maybe you are confusing perception of God with multiple Gods.

For example when Adam ate from the forbidden tree of knowledge of good and evil, he did not say l, hey God what I did was wrong. He said, heh God it’s your fault because the woman you made gave it to me.

Actually it isn’t. Your people lost the original meaning of the account.

What part of evil is not extant did you not understand?

What you call evil is in reality the absence of good.

Now,
why is that you're incapable addressing a simple question?

And G‑d said: Behold, the man is become like one of us, knowing good and evil (Genesis 3:22)

B”H

Act 3: The confrontation. Upon hearing the approach of God, Adam and Eve hid themselves in fear. God calls them, and they must confront God. What follows is an awesome revelation of the nature of God and the role of humanity in God’s creation. It will establish the context of humanity’s relationship with self, community and God.

Let’s go back to the analogy of the child and the freshly baked cookies. The parent returns and sees that a couple of cookies are missing. What happens next? The parent has a number of choices. Punishment is one, but are there others?

As we have said, Adam and Eve have lived in a state of childlike innocence. In Eden there was no awareness of good and evil. Only God possessed that knowledge. Now they, by choosing to disobey God, have acquired that knowledge. In this encounter, is God angry and wrathful, raining down hellfire and brimstone?

What does Rashi say about this? The encounter begins with: And the Lord God called to man, and He said to him, "Where are you?" (Gen. 3: 9). Rashi’s commentary on this verse begins with: “Where are you? - He knew where he was, but [He asked him this] in order to enter into conversation with him, lest he be frightened to answer if He should punish him suddenly.”

Clearly, this is not an angry and wrathful God. The text continues in a similar fashion. It is conversational. What did you do? Why did you do it? Each step in the interchange draws out a response. The Creator (parent) must have a purpose that is not merely punitive.

What if we suppose that God did know that Adam and Eve would be tempted and disobey? Could it be that Adam and Eve were being tested and the outcome rested on the answers they were giving and not on their predictable disobedience?

Eve’s response was to blame the serpent (Gen. 3:13). Adam blamed both Eve and God. [Gen. 3:12. And the man said, "The woman whom You gave [to be] with me — she gave me of the tree; so I ate."] Isn’t this the behavior of a couple of children caught having eaten the cookies? Is this the behavior required of those designated to have dominion?

When young children begin to assert their independence (taking the cookie), isn’t it time for a parent to begin to teach the children about their role as adults? This is the point where the parent becomes a teacher. The parent wants the child to be able to deal with the challenges of adult life. Then the parent may use incidents such as these as learning devices.

God had already decreed that humans were to have dominion. This requires the capacity for intelligence, creativity and governance. Even more than that, that capacity had to be directed toward a specific goal: “You shall be holy, because I the Lord, your God am holy.” Up until this point, Adam and Eve knew nothing of good and evil. Everything in their lives was good. Only God had the knowledge of good and evil. In order for the humans to govern justly, as King Solomon asserted, it was necessary to know good and evil. The decree had been made, now their education had begun.

There are two aspects of learning: to know about and to know. Knowing about comes from books, lectures, videos and the internet. It fills the memory and allows recall. It is stored in the brain. Knowing requires experience. This knowledge fills the entire person. It becomes an intrinsic part of the person. It becomes part of a person’s identity.

Would you want to undergo surgery in the hands of a recent graduate from medical school? Or would you prefer someone who has successfully performed the same operation a hundred times? This need for knowing applies to all aspects of human endeavor: medicine, science, teaching, welding, mechanics, athletics, etc. Surely, King Solomon knew this when he asked for an understanding heart (not mind) to judge God’s people.

Adam and Eve, by eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, now know about good and evil. Now they must acquire an understanding heart in order to fulfill God’s decree.

An awesome transformation has taken place. God has now become the Ultimate Teacher. Adam and Eve have been elevated to a more Godlike status, making it possible for them to begin to comprehend their role in creation. Life is the classroom, and Torah is the textbook.

An aching question still remains. Why were they punished? Or, was it punishment in the usual sense?

With God’s help, to be continued. Next time: “Reward and Punishment”.

Emmet v’chaim.

It appears that the OP and rylah are in agreement that God created evil.

Cognitive difficulties much?

The OP's believes there's no freedom of choice, and evil serves "G-d's pleasure".

rylah knows G-d created evil inclination to give humanity freedom of choice.

ding juggles between "evil doesn't exist'" and "evil is personal good".
No. That’s not what I argued. That’s your straw man. Go ahead and knock it down. You are only hurting yourself by bearing false witness against your neighbor.

of course you have probably rationalized I deserved it like Adam rationalized it was God’s fault that he ate the forbidden fruit because the woman God made gave it to him.

False witness? My neighbor?
Some day you might start making some sense... I hope soon.
I forgive you.
Now you're equating being hurt by facts with being right.
But facts don't care about you're feelings.

You're in willful denial.

Clearly, this is not an angry and wrathful God. The text continues in a similar fashion. It is conversational. What did you do? Why did you do it? Each step in the interchange draws out a response. The Creator (parent) must have a purpose that is not merely punitive.

What if we suppose that God did know that Adam and Eve would be tempted and disobey? Could it be that Adam and Eve were being tested and the outcome rested on the answers they were giving and not on their predictable disobedience?

Eve’s response was to blame the serpent (Gen. 3:13). Adam blamed both Eve and God. [Gen. 3:12. And the man said, "The woman whom You gave [to be] with me — she gave me of the tree; so I ate."] Isn’t this the behavior of a couple of children caught having eaten the cookies? Is this the behavior required of those designated to have dominion?

Eve’s response was to blame the serpent (Gen. 3:13). Adam blamed both Eve and God.

Actually it isn’t. Your people lost the original meaning of the account.

Seriously, reading comprehension 101.
Rationalization, or blame - IS confirmation of a deed.

Like you evading that question, and we both know why...

God had already decreed that humans were to have dominion. This requires the capacity for intelligence, creativity and governance. Even more than that, that capacity had to be directed toward a specific goal: “You shall be holy, because I the Lord, your God am holy.”

God had already decreed that humans were to have dominion. This requires the capacity for intelligence, creativity and governance. Even more than that, that capacity had to be directed toward a specific goal: “You shall be holy, because I the Lord, your God am holy.”

But does that answer that question?
Nope, you keep the weasel game.

Exactly proves my point.

So it is abundantly clear that Adam and Eve knew they did wrong because they hid.

it is also abundantly clear that they did not abandon the concept of good because they did not say hey God to hell with being good.

it is also abundantly clear they did not admit their guilt. They did not say, hey God, we messed up we were wrong.

Adam blamed eve and God. Eve blamed the serpent.

I see this exact same behavior in rylah now. He can’t admit he is wrong for blaming evil on God. God who is holy. God who everything he created he proclaimed as good.

So it seems rylah blames everything bad that has happened to the Jews on God because he believes God unleashed evil on mankind.

According to @rylah’s logic had God not created evil then the Holocaust would have never have happened.

Forum List

Back