God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

So it is abundantly clear that Adam and Eve knew they did wrong because they hid.

it is also abundantly clear that they did not abandon the concept of good because they did not say hey God to hell with being good.

it is also abundantly clear they did not admit their guilt. They did not say, hey God, we messed up we were wrong.

Adam blamed eve and God. Eve blamed the serpent.

I see this exact same behavior in rylah now. He can’t admit he is wrong for blaming evil on God. God who is holy. God who everything he created he proclaimed as good.

And here you do it again,
reserving to silly straw man fallacies,
while appropriating that which you denied all along eventually confirming what I said.

That is dishonesty, but the good part is you eventually learn.
Mission accomplished.

According to @rylah’s logic had God not created evil God wouldn’t have had to kill mankind with a flood.

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?
-Jules Feiffer

According to @rylah’s logic had God not created evil then the Holocaust would have never have happened.

Wow you really scratch the bottom!

But let me help you out:
had not G-d created evil inclination,
man wouldn't have the freedom to choose between good and evil.

Holocaust is an example that contradicts your none sense about man not doing evil for evil.

Last edited:
According to @rylah’s logic the OP is correct that the God of Abraham is a genocidal God because God created evil and then punished mankind for God creating evil.

According to @rylah’s logic had God not created evil then the Holocaust would have never have happened.

Wow you really scratching the bottom!

Let me help you out.

Had not G-d created evil inclination,
Wrong. Mankind has a choice between doing good and not doing good. So free will still exists. God did not create evil.

God gave man an inclination to do good. Man chooses to not do good. Man’s inclination is to good because his creator is good.

Rev 4;11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Some people have what has been termed, the problem of evil. Many cannot fathom why, if god is good, he would create evil. Yet the scriptures are clear that god created evil for his pleasure.

It may be due to my criminal mind and delinquent attitude, but I think I know why. I wondered if you ands others had also dithered out a reasonable answer to show why sin and evil are required for god’s plan and our mental and moral development.

This fact is likely why the ancient Christians determined that sin was necessary for our development. They sing that Adam furthered god’s plan by his sin.

To them, even as Christianity and I clash, and the intelligent position, is that to not sin or do evil, is to derail god’s plan.

In this, issue, I happen to agree with the scriptures and Christians who say the sin and evil is good and necessary to god’s plan.

Do you?

Regards
DL

Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing them?
-Jules Feiffer
Yes. Because otherwise we killed Christ.

God gave man an inclination to do good. Man chooses to not do good. Man’s inclination is to good because his creator is good.

And you're back do denial of inclination to do evil.
It's convenient like that...no facing reality, no responsibility.

How do you call this? Ahh yeah it's that 'rationalizing' you like to mention so much.

Last edited:

Let me help you out.

Wrong. Mankind has a choice between doing good and not doing good. So free will still exists. God did not create evil.

And what did G-d call this 'not doing good?

The tree of good and...?

And you're back do denial of inclination to do evil.
It's convenient like that...no facing reality, no responsibility.

How do you call this? Ahh yeah it's that 'rationalizing' you like to mention so much.
I never left it. Man’s inclination is for good. Everything God created is good. Your own holy texts tell you so. Man has free will to do good or not to do good.

Let me help you out.

The tree of good and...?
Not good.

unless you want to blame God for creating evil. Is that what you want to do?

According to @rylah’s logic had God not created evil God wouldn’t have had to kill mankind with a flood.

according to ding's logic:

Hitler didn't kill millions...he just made them "less alive"....

How dare anyone call him evil?!!
He was not THAT good...but he was good.

And that dingy dong calls "defense of God"

:nocknockHT:

Do you?

Regards
DL

G-d hates evil,
He only created it to give humanity freedom of choice.

Scriptures say that god does not allow freedom of choice.

This link imbedded below shows that clearly.
------------------
Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then there is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Strange that you think god would create a plan where he was forced to do something he did not like, especially given that quite that you have torn out of your bible, or choose to ignore.

Will you also ignore the many quotes in that link?

If so, why call yourself a Christian?

Regards
DL

What verse indicates humans have no free will?
Please don't post a video; I want the verse.
You do realize that Avraham, Sara, Yitzchak, Rivka, Yaakov, Rachael and Leah had different personalities and different opinions.

All you have to know that is when Pharaoh's soft heart, that was to let the people go, was hardened against them.

I have a link that is worth the listen, but as requested.
Why does god harden hearts against his own wish to be believed to be god?

In 2 Corinthians 3;14 - 15 God hardens Jewish hearts against their believing in Jesus as their messiah.

John 12;39-40 says about the same.

The same applies to Romans 11;25, 2 Corinthians 4;3-4,

Regards
DL

Everything in the NT was already stated in TJS.
God hardening Pharoah's heart did not take away his free will.
If God wanted to take away Pharoah's b'chirah, God would have put that fact in the Torah.
How many people have been disgusted by doing something they really didn't want do.

You seem to be reading your book of myths literally, and quite foolishly according to the Jewish intelligentsia.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental efforts that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

What is God?

Further.
Bill Moyers Journal . Watch & Listen | PBS

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

Is that why there are over 3,000 commentaries written about this verse alone?
To harden someone's heart makes it more difficult, but not impossible, to do what one finds repugnant.
Of course the main issue is that Pharoah, despite all the plauges, still lived and slept peacefully in his palace.
Even with Pharoah's heart being hardened by God Himself, when Pharoah was struck personally by the Death of the First Born, he chased the Children of Israel out of Egypt.
You know why?
Because Pharoah's wife had sex with many men and many of her children were the First Born of her adulterous lovers.
This hit Pharoah personally.
And please stop using the NT; we both know it's a farce.

3,000 commentaries? Can you document that.

Pharoah died in the Red Sea.

Psalms 136:15
He shook off Pharʹaoh and his army into the Red Sea,+
For his loyal love endures forever.

Go to Eicher's, Artscroll and view Yeshivah University's Book Sale; also Torah.org and Aish.org, to name a scant few sites.
Torah is studied from a multitude of views including, political, social justice, scientific, finance.
The Talmud itself discusses chemistry, biology, astronomy, social law, personal ethics, construction, farming, etc.
God is infinite and we have the literature to prove.
At any given moment, more than 1,000 Rabbis are writing a new book subject to critical review.

The above ignores Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist books on Judaism.

Let me help you out.

The tree of good and...?
Yetzer means to form, as in to perfect.
Ra means corrupted.
Ding means Ignore.

Let me help you out.

The tree of good and...?
Yetzer means to form, as in to perfect.
Ra means corrupted.
Ding means Ignore.
You have no idea how happy that makes me.

according to ding's logic:

Hitler didn't kill millions...he just made them "less alive"....

How dare anyone call him evil?!!
He was not THAT good...but he was good.

And that dingy dong calls "defense of God"

:nocknockHT:
No. Being alive and dead are two different states. It’s like male and female. Both are extant.

but according to your logic it was God’s fault that Hitler killed millions.

Forum List

Back