God, Government and the Poor

This is somewhat a double entendre. Jesus took a few fish and fed thousands. He told the apostles to follow him and he would make them fishers of men.

Good. At least someone making an interesting point.

How does one make themselves a fisher of men? As Jesus showed his entire life, by serving them.

Did Jesus call them names? Lie about them?

Good. At least someone making an interesting point.

How does one make themselves a fisher of men? As Jesus showed his entire life, by serving them.

Did Jesus call them names? Lie about them?

Jesus cared nothing of politics. His two commandments were to love God and love your neighbor. Yep, Jesus served the people and then hung his head in humility and took the punishment as he was beaten, whipped, and crucified. He could have stopped it but he loved everyone too much.

Jesus cared nothing of politics. His two commandments were to love God and love your neighbor. Yep, Jesus served the people and then hung his head in humility and took the punishment as he was beaten, whipped, and crucified. He could have stopped it but he loved everyone too much.

Absolutely. Someone asked me to watch a piece on a pastor from some church. One of his first statements was about red v blue. I turned it off and said I wasn't interested.

Good god, how you grasp.

Jesus didn't have to feed them. The apostles wanted to send them back home to buy their own food. Catch that? Buy their own food.

They were not needy. Your response to the OP was useless. Catch that? Not applicable.

The OP made an argument not found in the Bible and tried to argue like it was.

I stated what did happen in the Bible. Yes, the disciples wanted to send them away like so many today. Jesus said no and took care of their needs.

The OP made an argument not found in the Bible and tried to argue like it was.

I stated what did happen in the Bible. Yes, the disciples wanted to send them away like so many today. Jesus said no and took care of their needs.
I have needs now. Will you run to the store for me?

Recently I posted an article called "30 Good Things President Trump Has Done for America"

At the end of the list the author states this:

"If you believe (as I do) that God is sovereign over the affairs of nations, do you think that Donald Trump’s presidency has been evidence of divine blessing or divine judgment? I admit that perceiving divine purposes in human events is a task that cannot be proved with certainty one way or another, but when I look over this list of 30 actions, it appears to me to be far more characteristic of divine blessing than of divine judgment. If others disagree, I respect your right to have a different opinion, but that is my view"

In my thread a leftwing democrat forum member went on to respond with Scripture about helping the poor. The inference there was that democrats help the poor and Republicans do not.

That is a common belief, and a total lie.

Who has heard the phrase, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life."

This is so applicable today: Democrats love to give a man a fish and feed him for a day, or in our case they love to give people free cheese and food stamps. Republicans want to teach a man to fish and feed him for life, or in our case, create a strong economy with good jobs and allow all Americans the dignity or earning a living. Democrats do not seem to grasp the concept of personal dignity and the Godliness of a honest days labor.

So, when it comes to helping the poor, Republican policies are best. A rising tide lifts all boats.
Under President Trump we reached the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years, and in case anyone forgot, Trump achieved the lowest Black and Hispanic unemployment rates on record. As I say, a rising tide lifts all boats.

And as for social issues like sodomy (gay marriage) and killing (abortion) etc., well we all know what God says about those.

Go with GOD and go with GOP

ABC News October 4, 2019, 2:30 PM

Problem is, Trump is about as religious as a dead rock that's been run over then times.

And anyone who says "well, that is my view" as if they can just ignore huge swathes of information and then come to an opinion that's a crock of shit is okay.

It's what your argument is reduced to.

Your first response to the OP pertained to feeding the needy. Now it's simply about temporary discomfort.

Get a clue.

For many it is temporary. They move up and no longer need the same kind of help.

How are there no fish to go around? We have tens of millions of jobs available, many requiring no skills or education and yet paying $17 and $18 an hour, and we still have able-bodied adults sitting home and collecting Other People’s Money.

There’s no excuse for a household with two or more adults to be on welfare when not a single one of them has a job.

lol you don't know squat. The people collecting the biggest amount of 'other peoples' money' are stockholders in giant corporations. Most of them couldn't run a snow cone stand and of course would starve without govt. subsidies and protections. Just like you would.

God would not approve of 90 percent of the wealth in the hands of a few. He would also approve of social security and Medicare, two programs needed desperately by the working masses.

The right wingers always ignore that verse where the books says 'a workman is worthy of his hire'; they just pull some shit out of their asses about how worthless workers are. Except themselves, of course. These snivels go back a long way in history; Greeks and Egyptians used to snivel about lazy their slaves were.

Forum List

Back