God is Always in Control

For those of you who are unsure about God hearing your prayers, unsure about your future or the safety of your loved ones.......Read this testimony about a man who prayed for his pregnant wife on 9/11 as he was preparing to drive her to the airport to board a plane to NY that connected to a flight to California. Never worry, never doubt that God is in full control. God is always in control.

A man from Norfolk , VA called a local radio station to share this on Sept 11, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES OF 9/11/2001. His name was Robert Matthews.
These are his words:

A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child.
She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. On our way to the
airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire.

I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still missed her flight.
Both very upset, we drove home.

I received a call from my father who was retired NYFD. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight.

My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the
southern tower.
I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help.'This is not something I can just sit by for; I have to do something.'

I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off of the phone, he said, 'Take good care
of my grandchild. Those were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort.

The joy, that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered, quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my father, and at myself. I had gone for nearly two years blaming God for taking my father
away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.

Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone.
I opened the door to a couple with a small child.

The man looked at me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was.
He quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.'

He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my
father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, 'There is something else you need to know.'

His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ.
I began sobbing at the news.

Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves .

When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew, in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and baby could live.

This story should help us to realize: God is always in control. We may not see the reason behind things, and we may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in control..
Please take time to share this amazing story. You may never know the impact it may have on someone.

God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever.
Psalm 136:1

So, God is in control, he saved this one guy who prayed, and killed the rest of them, the bombers prayed too, they also died.... go figure.
God saved many people that day. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Wait, let me get this straight.

God sets up a massacre of thousands of people, and then saves a few. This is proof of what? Nothing. A) because you're making an assumption that God exists. B) You're then making an assumption that he would bother to go out of his way to save people who believe in God, when people who believe in God actually went and killed people.

That doesn't make sense.
God didn't set up a massacre. He allowed it. This nation has turned its back on God. Why blame God for the consequences of this nation's rebellion? God didn't cause 9/11. That was the act of Islamic terrorists who like you had a free will and chose to reject God's offer of salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. They are hell now. It's His grace and mercy that many are still breathing today. How many times has God saved your life and you called it a case of good luck? God is merciful to whom he chooses to be merciful to. Be grateful. Someone must be praying for you.

But God controls everything. So, he allowed it to happen, but then made the people who carried it out.

So if people turn their back on God, God fucks them over big time? Why would God create creatures that would turn their back on him?

Muslims accept Jesus, he's in the Koran.

God also kills 75% of babies before they're even noticed. What a guy.

God keeps His promises - see Psalm 91. God also keeps His Word concerning those who forget His Law. Do you want the blessings of God or not? The choice is yours. Don't blame God for your own rebellion.

It is written:
Hosea 4:6-7King James Version (KJV)

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Will God accept and love me for who I am if I believe in him.

God keeps His promises - see Psalm 91. God also keeps His Word concerning those who forget His Law. Do you want the blessings of God or not? The choice is yours. Don't blame God for your own rebellion.

It is written:

6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Well, God, if he exists, created me with a brain, and then expects me not to use it and just believe....

Now, if there is a God, then which of the religions, and which part of that religion, if worshiping him correctly?

Some men are so far removed from being holy themselves that they ridicule those who are....... But their mocking language does more than scorn the saint's holiness-it betrays the wickedness of their own hard hearts. - William Gurnall

As this faithful Christian brother told the story of how God answered his prayer and saved his wife and unborn child (on 9/11) and used his father to save the life of a faithful Christian woman who was also pregnant - and because of this act of unselfishness - his father was able to believe on Christ and become saved and enter heaven, it made my heart rejoice. I rejoiced in God's faithfulness to this young man and how He had fulfilled the promise to save he and his family. I rejoice in God's providence. There is no question about it. God is always in control. This is what enrages those who hate God. They do not want to acknowledge that God is in full control. One only need read this thread to see a prime example of it.

How desperately wicked is that man who not only refuses to partake in the divine nature himself but cannot bear the sight of others choosing to follow the holiness of Christ. The very hint of holiness works up such a strong opposition inside the person that is causes him to vomit out the gall and bitterness of his spirit against it.
- William Gurnall

I saw a car overturned on the highway yesterday, I guess God lost control there for a sec. Maybe JBook was sending Him a text.

It is written:

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

It is written:

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:19-20
There are no atheists in hell. God will accept those who come to Him through His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus told Nicodemus, Ye must be born again. It is written:
John 3 King James Version (KJV)

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized.

23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

24 For John was not yet cast into prison.

25 Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying.

26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.

28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

I saw a car overturned on the highway yesterday, I guess God lost control there for a sec. Maybe JBook was sending Him a text.
This reminds me of someone on this board whose car collided with a semi truck in which he almost lost his life. His car was totaled in that accident and it was a miracle he survived. He told me that immediately he did think about a sermon I had posted by Brother Michael Boldea and this experience he had of realizing he could have been killed but wasn't, led him to believe that there was a God whereas before he did not. It was the catalyst by which he began his journey to seek to know God. God can use anything for his own glory including a car accident. Marvel not at this but rather that God's grace has kept you alive to this very hour and unlike the other mockers who used to be on this board but are now receiving their just reward in hell - God has allotted you time to reconsider! Why not use that time wisely and seek the Lord with your whole heart and repent of your sins? Do you think that in hell you shall say to yourself, Ah! If only I had spent more time mocking God and blaspheming His name! If only I had spent more time trying to shipwreck the faith of others! If only I had spent more time as Satan's gatekeeper preventing those that would come to Jesus Christ from doing so! No. You'll wish you had never listened to the devil's lies. You'll wish that you had believed God and His Holy Word and obeyed Him. That is what you will thinking about. For all eternity. Think about it now. Once you breathe your last breath it will be too late.

It is written:

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Well, God, if he exists, created me with a brain, and then expects me not to use it and just believe....

Now, if there is a God, then which of the religions, and which part of that religion, if worshiping him correctly?
Religion cannot save you. Only Jesus Christ can save you. Read the KJV Holy Bible and seek the Lord with your whole heart. Read the Word of God and mix it with the measure of faith God has given you and believe God whose wisdom far outweighs whatever measure of intelligence He gave you. Religion cannot save you. God's thoughts are not your thoughts. His ways are not your ways.

It is written:
Isaiah 55:8-13 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God always chooses the Super Bowl winners.

Take that, Patriot Haters!
Not so fast... God also allows coaches the free will to throw a game and cheat their team out of Super Bowl win too. The consequences are not immediate but they come in due time and the truth with it! When God decides it's time to set the "record straight," He'll do it. Until then? Patience!

Essentially God is pro-cheating....
God has given every human being a free will. What you do with yours shall determine where you spend eternity.

For those of you who are unsure about God hearing your prayers, unsure about your future or the safety of your loved ones.......Read this testimony about a man who prayed for his pregnant wife on 9/11 as he was preparing to drive her to the airport to board a plane to NY that connected to a flight to California. Never worry, never doubt that God is in full control. God is always in control.

A man from Norfolk , VA called a local radio station to share this on Sept 11, 2003, TWO YEARS AFTER THE TRAGEDIES OF 9/11/2001. His name was Robert Matthews.
These are his words:

A few weeks before Sept. 11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child.
airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife a safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen,' we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire.

I received a call from my father who was retired NYFD. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but I explained that we missed the flight.

southern tower.
I was too shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help.'This is not something I can just sit by for; I have to do something.'

I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off of the phone, he said, 'Take good care
of my grandchild. Those were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort.

The joy, that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered, quickly became anger. I was angry at God, at my father, and at myself. I had gone for nearly two years blaming God for taking my father
away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.

Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone.

The man looked at me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was.
He quickly grabbed my hand and said, 'I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son.'

He explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my
father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, 'There is something else you need to know.'

His wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and led him to Christ.

Now I know that when I get to Heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves .

When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew, in honor of the man who gave his life so that a mother and baby could live.

This story should help us to realize: God is always in control. We may not see the reason behind things, and we may never know this side of heaven, but God is ALWAYS in control..
Please take time to share this amazing story. You may never know the impact it may have on someone.

So, God is in control, he saved this one guy who prayed, and killed the rest of them, the bombers prayed too, they also died.... go figure.

God sets up a massacre of thousands of people, and then saves a few. This is proof of what? Nothing. A) because you're making an assumption that God exists. B) You're then making an assumption that he would bother to go out of his way to save people who believe in God, when people who believe in God actually went and killed people.

That doesn't make sense.
God didn't set up a massacre. He allowed it. This nation has turned its back on God. Why blame God for the consequences of this nation's rebellion? God didn't cause 9/11. That was the act of Islamic terrorists who like you had a free will and chose to reject God's offer of salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. They are hell now. It's His grace and mercy that many are still breathing today. How many times has God saved your life and you called it a case of good luck? God is merciful to whom he chooses to be merciful to. Be grateful. Someone must be praying for you.

But God controls everything. So, he allowed it to happen, but then made the people who carried it out.

So if people turn their back on God, God fucks them over big time? Why would God create creatures that would turn their back on him?

The only Muslims I know that have accepted Jesus Christ are no longer Muslims. Jesus is God. When a person believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior they realize that the teachings of Islam are not true and they turn away from what is not true to follow what is true. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through the Son. Islam teaches that God does not have a son. With that, how could any Muslim accept Jesus Christ for who He is without leaving Islam? It is not possible.

This reminds me of someone on this board whose car collided with a semi truck in which he almost lost his life. His car was totaled in that accident and it was a miracle he survived. He told me that immediately he did think about a sermon I had posted by Brother Michael Boldea and this experience he had of realizing he could have been killed but wasn't, led him to believe that there was a God whereas before he did not. It was the catalyst by which he began his journey to seek to know God. God can use anything for his own glory including a car accident. Marvel not at this but rather that God's grace has kept you alive to this very hour and unlike the other mockers who used to be on this board but are now receiving their just reward in hell - God has allotted you time to reconsider! Why not use that time wisely and seek the Lord with your whole heart and repent of your sins? Do you think that in hell you shall say to yourself, Ah! If only I had spent more time mocking God and blaspheming His name! If only I had spent more time trying to shipwreck the faith of others! If only I had spent more time as Satan's gatekeeper preventing those that would come to Jesus Christ from doing so! No. You'll wish you had never listened to the devil's lies. You'll wish that you had believed God and His Holy Word and obeyed Him. That is what you will thinking about. For all eternity. Think about it now. Once you breathe your last breath it will be too late.
I'm not interested in a god who doesn't accept me as I am. Especially if he made me.

It is written:

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Religion cannot save you. Only Jesus Christ can save you. Read the KJV Holy Bible and seek the Lord with your whole heart. Read the Word of God and mix it with the measure of faith God has given you and believe God whose wisdom far outweighs whatever measure of intelligence He gave you. Religion cannot save you. God's thoughts are not your thoughts. His ways are not your ways.

It is written:
Isaiah 55:8-13 King James Version (KJV)

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Er... sure dude. Personally I think only sugar's gonna save you... save you from what? Misery? Who knows.

You read a book written by people who might have been bullshitting you and you've accepted it.... good for you, personally I need some evidence and stuff.

These are his words:

southern tower.

so when someone is born gay, it's because G-d wants them to be.
Years ago I spoke with a man who slept with men. He told me, I was not born gay. I chose this lifestyle. He then went on to tell me of the abuse he had suffered during his childhood. It was because of this experience that he chose to find comfort in those of his own sex (men) rather than to go to God for healing and deliverance. This was his choice. Life is full of choices and what we choose here will determine where we spend eternity. My question to you is how can you not know the Scriptures when you are a Jew? Who did God create in the garden? A man and a woman for the man. If it were God's design to create anything else would He not have created it then? In the beginning? Did God not create everything seen and unseen in the beginning? And if so then what has evolved? You see, there is no such thing as evolution. There is no evolution of man, of beast, of fowl or fish in the sea. Everything is as it was created to be by God and those who refuse accept this have been deceived by Satan.

It is written:

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12 King James Version (KJV)

King James Version (KJV)

Not so fast... God also allows coaches the free will to throw a game and cheat their team out of Super Bowl win too. The consequences are not immediate but they come in due time and the truth with it! When God decides it's time to set the "record straight," He'll do it. Until then? Patience!

God has given every human being a free will. What you do with yours shall determine where you spend eternity.

So, let's get this straight.

God is always in control, but God gives humans free will, which means God isn't in control.

Also some guy goes to the airport to fly on a doomed plane, and it's all about free will, but then God stops free will by doing something to stop one person getting on that plane.

You're into contradictions huh?

That doesn't make sense.

The only Muslims I know that have accepted Jesus Christ are no longer Muslims. Jesus is God. When a person believes on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior they realize that the teachings of Islam are not true and they turn away from what is not true to follow what is true. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through the Son. Islam teaches that God does not have a son. With that, how could any Muslim accept Jesus Christ for who He is without leaving Islam? It is not possible.

That's probably down to your usage of the word "accept". I accept Jesus, just like I accept King Arthur. Important fictional characters.

But Jesus is in the Koran.

So, some people change for Islam to Christianity and others go the other way, doesn't really matter.

You used the word "true", how do you know? The answer is you don't. The truth is you want to believe. Which is your problem, not mine.

God is always in control, but God gives humans free will, which means God isn't in control.

Also some guy goes to the airport to fly on a doomed plane, and it's all about free will, but then God stops free will by doing something to stop one person getting on that plane.

It is written:

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

That doesn't make sense.

That's probably down to your usage of the word "accept". I accept Jesus, just like I accept King Arthur. Important fictional characters.

So, some people change for Islam to Christianity and others go the other way, doesn't really matter.

You used the word "true", how do you know? The answer is you don't. The truth is you want to believe. Which is your problem, not mine.
The Christ in the Koran is a false Christ. There are many false Christs and false prophets. Jesus warned us 5 times in Matthew 24 not to be deceived.

It is written:
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.
Matthew 24:24-25

It is written:

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Well, it's nice to know that you can read. But it's also written that you should never believe everything you see written.

That doesn't make sense.

The Christ in the Koran is a false Christ. There are many.

It is written:
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold, I have told you before.
Matthew 24:24-25

And how do you KNOW that you aren't just running around after a false Christ? What, because someone told you? Bahhhhh.

It is written:

Well, it's nice to know that you can read. But it's also written that you should never believe everything you see written.
It is written:

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12

Your quarrel is not with me but rather with the Written Word of God.

Forum List

Back