God is the only rational explanation for the existence of the universe.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Think about it. Nothing physical can create itself. This is a scientific fact. So if the universe wasn't created, then why does it exist? The only thing that makes sense is that it was created.

But then it begs the question.....who created God ?

All I can say is, there's some really bizarre crap going one and we (humans) have no clue.

I tend to think we're in some kind of "matrix" thingy cause I've had that "dejavu" thing happen more than once.

:disagree: (with what I just said)

No it isn't. all you are doing is making a circular argument.

Well, yours is a circular rebuttal....big whoop
In what way, exactly? Let's hear it.

His argument is circular, in that his only premise is that nothing physical an be created without a god. His conclusion is that, therefore, god created everything.

This is not an error that a grown man who can feed himself should make.

Think about it. Nothing physical can create itself. This is a scientific fact. So if the universe wasn't created, then why does it exist? The only thing that makes sense is that it was created.

God is usually pretty irrational by definition. You talk about scientific fact, but it seems that most people who believe in a god believe in a being that is outside of, or beyond; not bound by physical law. If the only rational explanation is that what we know of physical laws is wrong, or incomplete.....then who knows what the answers may be?

I think the only rational way to look at these sorts of things is with a shrug and an "I don't know." That isn't to say one shouldn't try to find explanations, only that people should be willing to admit to ignorance. There's no reason humanity has to be able to understand the existence of our universe, now or ever. People will keep searching, trying to understand, but it's entirely possible we'll never know the answers as a species. :dunno:

All I can say is, there's some really bizarre crap going one and we (humans) have no clue.

I tend to think we're in some kind of "matrix" thingy cause I've had that "dejavu" thing happen more than once.

God has always been and will always be...

• Banned

No one created God. I really have to laugh when atheists trot out that tired argument.

God is usually pretty irrational by definition. You talk about scientific fact, but it seems that most people who believe in a god believe in a being that is outside of, or beyond; not bound by physical law. If the only rational explanation is that what we know of physical laws is wrong, or incomplete.....then who knows what the answers may be?

I think the only rational way to look at these sorts of things is with a shrug and an "I don't know." That isn't to say one shouldn't try to find explanations, only that people should be willing to admit to ignorance. There's no reason humanity has to be able to understand the existence of our universe, now or ever. People will keep searching, trying to understand, but it's entirely possible we'll never know the answers as a species. :dunno:
It was to be that the existence of God is based on faith. And those with faith will be rewarded.

His argument is circular, in that his only premise is that nothing physical an be created without a god. His conclusion is that, therefore, god created everything.

Nothing that we know of can create itself. Not a difficult concept to understand.

Nothing that we know of can create itself. Not a difficult concept to understand.
It is nothing but the truth. If something created itself, it would violate the law of causality. It's physically impossible.

There exists absolutely no evidence that life emerged from some chemical soup. The simplest cell is the virus cell, and it contains thousands of individual parts. All of these parts would have had to be created individually, in close proximity, and then put together properly. Want to figure the odds on that occurring by accident?

Much of the "theory" of evolution is valid, and much of it is pure conjecture. Science and science fiction.

My understanding is that in this universe physical laws as we know them did not yet exist at the exact moment of the big bang. So, there cannot be rational explanation for the existence of the universe, based on our current science. Which leaves us with a supernatural explanation as at least a reasonable possibility => God. Can that be proved? NO. Can it be disproved? NO. Can any other explanation be proved? NO. Is the God explanation therefore a reasonable one? I think so, but since there is not proff one way or another it becomes nothing more than one person;s opinion vs another's.

Rational:

agreeable to reason; reasonable; sensible:
a rational plan for economic development.
having or exercising reason, sound judgment, or good sense:
a calm and rational negotiator.
being in or characterized by full possession of one's reason; sane;lucid:
The patient appeared perfectly rational.
endowed with the faculty of reason:
rational beings.
of, relating to, or constituting reasoning powers:
the rational faculty.
proceeding or derived from reason or based on reasoning:
a rational explanation.

Right it's impossible for God to have created himself.
Case closed, there is no God.

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.

There exists absolutely no evidence that life emerged from some chemical soup. The simplest cell is the virus cell, and it contains thousands of individual parts. All of these parts would have had to be created individually, in close proximity, and then put together properly. Want to figure the odds on that occurring by accident?

Much of the "theory" of evolution is valid, and much of it is pure conjecture. Science and science fiction.

The simplest cell is a virus? As far as I am aware, a virus is not even a cell, let alone the "simplest" of cells.

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.
Nothing is eternal and unchanging.

Forum List

Back