God is the only rational explanation for the existence of the universe.

Think about it. Nothing physical can create itself. This is a scientific fact. So if the universe wasn't created, then why does it exist? The only thing that makes sense is that it was created.
Right it's impossible for God to have created himself.
Case closed, there is no God.
It is impossible for something PHYSICAL to create itself. God is not physical. He has no beginning, so He did not need to be created .
Because he's not real.

Think about it. Nothing physical can create itself. This is a scientific fact. So if the universe wasn't created, then why does it exist? The only thing that makes sense is that it was created.
The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.
Nothing is eternal and unchanging.

Says who? You? Got any data to back that up? No, you don't. Have you ever considered the possibility that there's a lotta stuff you don't know? Or stuff that nobody else knows either? Things or entities or forces that do not obey our physical laws as we know them.
If there is no God, then where did the physical laws come from? Order cannot come from chaos.
There can be no light without darkness.

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and unchanging.
Nothing is eternal and unchanging.

Says who? You? Got any data to back that up? No, you don't. Have you ever considered the possibility that there's a lotta stuff you don't know? Or stuff that nobody else knows either? Things or entities or forces that do not obey our physical laws as we know them.
If there is no God, then where did the physical laws come from? Order cannot come from chaos.
There can be no light without darkness.
Darkness is not extant.

It is impossible for something PHYSICAL to create itself. God is not physical. He has no beginning, so He did not need to be created .
Because he's not real.
How do you know?

Since God is not a physical thing, then no physical thing can come from it.
Nothing comes from nothing (Latin: ex nihilo nihil fit)
- Parmenides.
And Parmenides is the authority of all that has to be understood? I believe he is a mere man, warts and all.
The most fundamental maxim of all reason, and all science, and all philosophy is the maxim, “ex nihilo nihil fit” out of nothing, nothing comes.

If there was ever a time when there was nothing, there would be nothing now.

Quite the conundrum, isn't it? Obviously there is something now, namely this universe and us in it. So, where did this existence come from? Since there cannot be a reasonable or scientific explanation for this, are we not left with an answer that is outside the realm of reason and science? IOW, a supernatural answer that one might label as GOD.

No it isn't. all you are doing is making a circular argument.

Well, yours is a circular rebuttal....big whoop
But then it begs the question.....who created God ?

All I can say is, there's some really bizarre crap going one and we (humans) have no clue.

I tend to think we're in some kind of "matrix" thingy cause I've had that "dejavu" thing happen more than once.

:disagree: (with what I just said)
No one created God. I really have to laugh when atheists trot out that tired argument.
Here's another scientific fact for you. Nothing non-physical can directly affect the physical. So, in order for God to affect the universe, let alone create it, he must be, at least in part, physical. Now refer back to your OP
Nothing physical can create itself
with your assertion in this post:
No one created God.
and feel free to reconcile those two claims with the scientific fact that nothing non-physical can directly affect the physical.

We'll wait...

Last edited:
What if the Universe has always been? In other words, it has no beginning. A theory states that there wasnt a need for a "singularity." It was "quantum potential" that collapsed.

What if the Universe has always been? In other words, it has no beginning. A theory states that there wasnt a need for a "singularity." It was "quantum potential" that collapsed.

So, we've got 2 choices, right?

1. The universe has always existed.

2. God has always existed, and God created the universe(s).

Can't imagine how anyone can rule out either option.

The universe is physical, and God is not.

I think you are artificially limiting the options.

2. The universe has not always existed, but something has, which at some point became the universe.

3. God has always existed, and God created the universe.

4. Something other than God (in whatever form a given person believes) created the universe.

5. Before the universe was created, the physical laws we understand did not apply, so they cannot be used to explain how the universe could or could not have come into being. For that matter, without the normal physical laws, time may not have existed, so "always" doesn't apply, either.

6. Humanity does not know as much about the rules under which the universe works as we think we do, and some explanation that would seem impossible is how the universe came to be.

Some of those could easily be broken down into multiple choices, and someone could likely come up with others I did not think of right now. :p

Nothing physical can create itself, nor is anything physical eternal. What does that leave?

No one created God. I really have to laugh when atheists trot out that tired argument.

I'm an atheist?
Well....and all these years I thought I was a believer....thanks!!!

Even as a Christian....one cannot help but think about that.....it's human nature.
Even Jesus himself questioned God at points along the way.....or have you ANY actual knowledge of the Bible?

No it isn't. all you are doing is making a circular argument.

Well, yours is a circular rebuttal....big whoop
In what way, exactly? Let's hear it.

His argument is circular, in that his only premise is that nothing physical an be created without a god. His conclusion is that, therefore, god created everything.

This is not an error that a grown man who can feed himself should make.

Are you self aware?

Nothing physical can create itself, nor is anything physical eternal. What does that leave?

"Nothing physical can create itself, nor is anything physical eternal." God might be a unique case.

"What does that leave?" Possibilities.

I'm an atheist?
Well....and all these years I thought I was a believer....thanks!!!

Even as a Christian....one cannot help but think about that.....it's human nature.
Even Jesus himself questioned God at points along the way.....or have you ANY actual knowledge of the Bible?
I wasn't calling you an atheist. Merely stating that it's an atheist argument. And an extremely lame one.

I wasn't calling you an atheist. Merely stating that it's an atheist argument. And an extremely lame one.

Was Jesus "Lame" when he questioned God's love?

Do you know where to find that in the Bible?

Hint:
Matthew 27:46
In the verse you mentioned, Jesus said that because God had literally left Him. He was in the process of taking onto Himself all the sins of the World. God cannot abide the presence of sin, which is why He turned His face away from Jesus.

In the verse you mentioned, Jesus said that because God had literally left Him. He was in the process of taking onto Himself all the sins of the World. God cannot abide the presence of sin, which is why He turned His face away from Jesus.

Well, you missed the point....

Because he's not real.
How do you know?
You all are figments of my imagination. I am the only real person here.

Forum List

Back