God Wills It: IS and Israel

I'm sure Israel is terrified.

George, what makes you think ISIS could do any harm to Israel? How would they do it?

Personally, I think the media is just making them out to be a boogeyman when in reality they have yet to come toe to toe with a real enemy and win.
They beat the Iraqi army and killed thousands of civilians. Very macho!
Actually I watched a documentary about ISIS ON Youtube by VICE, and some Iraqis and Kurdish soldiers were saying how many Iraqi soldiers took off their equipment and army clothing and ran away in boxers.

Toastie, at this point I think IS and Israel are pretty much on the same side. If the New Middle East involves splitting Syria and Iraq into sub-states, IS looks like a good candidate to control the Sunni faction. Should they make a move on Mecca and Medina, the Saudi Royals may need to call on the IDF. FWIW, I think events were set in motion by the US invasion of Iraq that will turn out in ways no one can even imagine at this moment. Hopefully the world will learn to tax war into extinction.

Leave it to Gaza George to insinuate that Israel and ISIS are on the same side. You really get some good laughs out of Gaza George on a very hot day in Los Angeles. There will always be wars, no matter how people wish there weren't, because that seems to be in the nature of man since the beginning of time. Didn't your fellow Commies murder millions and millions of people, Gaza George?

give Georgie a chance----no doubt he has a link demonstrating the presence of IDF in -----Baghdadi's
caliphate----floating in on magic flying carpets

They should move.

Move where?

Have you seen all the different groups of people here in California who have moved from someplace else. I realize you don't leave your neighborhood much, but travel around now and then. Look at how many people from South Korea who live right down the road from you in Koreatown. Go to San Gabriel Valley and ask all the Chinese why they moved here. You might find a way to get to Burbank and ask the Armenians you meet why they moved here. Go out to Artesia and ask all the Hindus from India why they moved here. You even have Palestinians, Syrians, Iranians, Lebanese and Egyptians living right here in Los Angeles?
Do you understand those living in a concentration camp are not allowed to leave whenever they so desire?

"Note, incidentally, I say 'concentration camp' and not 'death camp.'

"I am not comparing Gaza to Auschwitz-Birkenau, but one cannot help but liken the conditions today in Gaza to the sorts of conditions once faced by Japanese-Americans during World War II, or the Boers in South Africa during the Anglo-Boer War, or the black South Africans years later in such besieged townships as Soweto, or for that matter Jews and gays and gypsies at Dachau and Theresienstadt in the years before the Nazis themselves settled on their Final Solution."

Gaza is a concentration camp and it s an American delusion not to recognize that -- Weschler

Gaza George is going to show us the gas chambers. He is also going to show us pictures of the skin and bones Gazans like the pictures of those prisoners in Nazi concentration camps. Gaza George should tell the Egyptians that they should have an open-door policy to let the Gazans come and go through their crossing since some of them get claustrophobic traveling in the tunnels from Gaza to Egypt. Say, don't the Gazans place their orders for Kentucky Fried Chicken to some place in Egypt and a Gazan meets the delivery man in a tunnel to take deliveries?

Comparing Gaza to a concentration camp is really a big thing on the hate sites. It's a shame that those who lap this up can't be sent in a time machine back to an actual Nazi concentration camp and be able to suffer like those in the camps for at least a month to experience what the people had gone through.
Why don't your people allow the free movement of people and goods into and out of Gaza? Are you confusing yourselves with Nazis?
Why should Israel allow Gazans access to Israel? All border crossings should be permanently closed.
Because collective punishment is illegal:

"What Israel is doing in Gaza now is collective punishment.

"It is punishment for Gaza’s refusal to be a docile ghetto.

"It is punishment for the gall of Palestinians in unifying, and of Hamas and other factions in responding to Israel’s siege and its provocations with resistance, armed or otherwise, after Israel repeatedly reacted to unarmed protest with crushing force.

"Despite years of ceasefires and truces, the siege of Gaza has never been lifted.

Collective Punishment in Gaza - The New Yorker

If the God of My Understanding exists (eternal, omnipresent, all-knowing, all forgiving, merciful, good), then...

He/She/It does not take set up 'fights' amongst His creations, He does not take sides in squabbles amongst His creations... rather, such fighting saddens Him.
I'm pretty sure the Jews, Muslims, and Christians misplaced that memo...do you have a copy?
No, but so long as the God of My Understanding (exists and) has a copy, we're golden.

God, as the ultimate expression of Goodness and Mercy and Compassion and Righteousness, is an ideal to which Man cannot possibly hope to aspire, so I see no point in attempting to pretend that Man is close to such an ideal.
Where does your God stand on the acquisition of private fortunes gained through War and Debt?

George, what makes you think ISIS could do any harm to Israel? How would they do it?

Personally, I think the media is just making them out to be a boogeyman when in reality they have yet to come toe to toe with a real enemy and win.
Actually I watched a documentary about ISIS ON Youtube by VICE, and some Iraqis and Kurdish soldiers were saying how many Iraqi soldiers took off their equipment and army clothing and ran away in boxers.

Toastie, at this point I think IS and Israel are pretty much on the same side. If the New Middle East involves splitting Syria and Iraq into sub-states, IS looks like a good candidate to control the Sunni faction. Should they make a move on Mecca and Medina, the Saudi Royals may need to call on the IDF. FWIW, I think events were set in motion by the US invasion of Iraq that will turn out in ways no one can even imagine at this moment. Hopefully the world will learn to tax war into extinction.

Leave it to Gaza George to insinuate that Israel and ISIS are on the same side. You really get some good laughs out of Gaza George on a very hot day in Los Angeles. There will always be wars, no matter how people wish there weren't, because that seems to be in the nature of man since the beginning of time. Didn't your fellow Commies murder millions and millions of people, Gaza George?

Actually, war became inevitable only after the historical stage of agricultural surplus; hunter-gathers, after all, had little incentive to murder each other over a surplus of rotten mangoes or deer carcasses. You should really worry more about how many more millions of innocent humans your capitalist pals are preparing to slaughter from Ukraine to Gaza.

If the God of My Understanding exists (eternal, omnipresent, all-knowing, all forgiving, merciful, good), then...

He/She/It does not take set up 'fights' amongst His creations, He does not take sides in squabbles amongst His creations... rather, such fighting saddens Him.
I'm pretty sure the Jews, Muslims, and Christians misplaced that memo...do you have a copy?
No, but so long as the God of My Understanding (exists and) has a copy, we're golden.

God, as the ultimate expression of Goodness and Mercy and Compassion and Righteousness, is an ideal to which Man cannot possibly hope to aspire, so I see no point in attempting to pretend that Man is close to such an ideal.
Where does your God stand on the acquisition of private fortunes gained through War and Debt?
Assuming that the God of My Understanding exists, then...

I would not presume to pretend to know the Mind of God, nor to speak for Him...

However, if you're asking for my guess as to where He/She/It/They might stand on such a subject...

My guess would be that God would be entirely and completely against such activity and related profiteering.

give Georgie a chance----no doubt he has a link demonstrating the presence of IDF in -----Baghdadi's

"Israel’s leaders complain of Western double standards discriminating against their country.

"But it works both ways.

"It is clear that more and more people across the world – justifiably or not – are asking why Western governments may assert a moral and legal right to mount air strikes in defence of embattled women and children dying in the mountains of northern Iraq, but should simultaneously ignore the plight of those buried under rubble in Gaza.

"With Israel’s latest, often indiscriminate bombing of Gaza, that question gets harder and harder to answer."

You can't get past the part where Jews murder innocents in Gaza with the same arrogance IS slaughters the Yazidis...shit clumps?

Fight occupation anti-Semitism Islamic State at the same time 972 Magazine

"Israel’s leaders complain of Western double standards discriminating against their country.

"But it works both ways.

"It is clear that more and more people across the world – justifiably or not – are asking why Western governments may assert a moral and legal right to mount air strikes in defence of embattled women and children dying in the mountains of northern Iraq, but should simultaneously ignore the plight of those buried under rubble in Gaza.

"With Israel’s latest, often indiscriminate bombing of Gaza, that question gets harder and harder to answer."

You can't get past the part where Jews murder innocents in Gaza with the same arrogance IS slaughters the Yazidis...shit clumps?

Fight occupation anti-Semitism Islamic State at the same time 972 Magazine

Lining up people who are blindfolded and bound and then executed is the same thing as Gazans getting killed by collateral damage in a war that Hamas started??
Common George!! Let me know when IDF soldiers line up a bunch of Gazan civilians and execute them with a close range shot in the back of the head.
What a terrible comparison!

Assuming that the God of My Understanding exists, then...

I would not presume to pretend to know the Mind of God, nor to speak for Him...

However, if you're asking for my guess as to where He/She/It/They might stand on such a subject...

My guess would be that God would be entirely and completely against such activity and related profiteering.
I hope you're right.

Forum List

Back