God's Law In New Testament Moral Judgments

Say what? Cite where I've said that and provide a link.

Otherwise........be known for the liar that you are.

and now for a trip down memory lane...

Best description of my belief system? A Christian Taoist who studies Judaic Theology...

...You should have around 3 different theologies that you follow, because that way, it's easier to find God via triangulation (spiritually).

I also like what His Holiness The Dali Lama said once when asked how many different theologies there should be?

His response was to say that there should be as many religions as there are people on the face of this earth, because, we all understand God in a slightly different way than our neighbors, friends, and family.
n 1994 I met a dude named Jim who introduced me to Taoism, and that has been my basis for a belief system ever since....

Tell me again, how a pagan religion that was mixed with Christianity, can be anything OTHER than a lie?
:eusa_whistle:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/80147-abs-refutes-and-pwns-self.html

and now for a trip down memory lane...

I guess it depends on what ABS meant by "pagan." If he was using it to refer exclusively to folk religions like Roman/Hellenistic pantheonism, I see no contradiction.
Pagan = non-christian religion. The Jews call them gentiles. When speaking of Islam, it is generally rendered as infidels.

• S: (n) heathen, pagan, gentile, infidel (a person who does not acknowledge your god)
  • S: (n) pagan (a person who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion (not a Christian or Muslim or Jew))

Christians oft claim that the Old Testament law does not apply. They cite this, for instance, when confronted with a young rape victim, a disobedient child, unbelievers, or other Old Testament laws where their personal morality conflicts with God's word. However, Jesus spoke on the Authority of the Moseanic law and drew his teachings from it, oft referring (unknown to most Christians) to Moseanic texts when issuing his 'new law'.

Has not Moses given you the law? Yet not one of you keeps the law.
John 7:19​

...the Scripture cannot be broken
John 10:35​

And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Luke 16:17​

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Matthew 5:18​

16All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
2 timothy 3:16​

9And he said to them, "You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!... 13thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do."
Mark 7​

Even Jesus' 'turn the other cheek'- a direct contradiction of the 'eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth' is taken from Leviticus 19:18. Remember that there is nothing new under the sun (Ecclesiastes 1:9-14). The same sentiment is expressed in Psalm 15.

This continues throughout the NT. The railings against sexual immorality in 1 Corinthians 5 is based upon the teachings of Deuteronomy 22 and Leviticus 18.

The laws regarding testimony of witnesses described in Deuteronomy17:6 are cited in John 8:17-18 and Matthew 18:16

John 7:23 raises the interesting point that circumcision (an Old Testament law based around the Old Covenant) is apparently recognized, yet the Sabbath is not. Matthew 12:5 attempts to reconcile this by- you guessed it- referring to the laws given to Moses.

Jesus' two laws 'on which the laws of the prophets rest' is not a new teaching at all, but merely an emphasis on what is said in Micah 6:8 and Deut 6:4-5.

In Matthew 19:16-30, Jesus is quoted as citing the Moseanic law yet again abd sayiong that we are not excused from following the Law of God, but rather that he adds to it. This is also one of the passages in which he renounces materialism and commands all true believers to live as traveling prophets, rejecting material wealth in favor of the riches of the kingdom of heaven
21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."...
28Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother[c] or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life. 30But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first.​

Well, this should serve as a brief introduction to get ya thinking...

-The Reverend James Teunis Beukema

I also recommend seeing the page below

One cannot escape the authoritative use of the Old Testament law in New Testament moral judgments. Upon reflection, one should recognize that such a use teaches the full validity of God's law today. Invalid rules might be used in fallacious moral judgments, but not in inspired ones.
God's Law In New Testament Moral Judgments

Yes that is correct. However, there is no contradiction since the OT law still exists and those who choose to remain under it will reap the curses of it. For those of us who Chose to be born anew in the spirit and give our lives over to Christ accepting his payment for our sins, we are now under grace and are free from the law. Our sins (past present and future) have been paid for. The law still exists though.

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
-Romans 7:4-6

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
-Romans 8:1-7

The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
-1 Corinthians 15:56

I know you will come to find the Truth one of these days JB. You are searching but your excuses for not believing are running out and so is the time to accept Jesus as your savior. Hopefully you will chose that road sooner than later.:eusa_angel:

Out of context douchebag. I was talking about how Rome had taken the theology of Israel and turned it pagan..
You were talking about mixing christianity with other religions- the very thing you claim to do yourself ;)

Never said anything about mixing them. I stated that I'm a Taoist and study the Tao Te Ching, I also read the Bible (but don't mix it with Tao), and I also study Judaism, which while it has many similarities, it's NOT Judaism.

Like I said.........I study 3 different theologies, and when all three say the exact same thing, well........how are you going to figure out the height of a building if you don't use 3 points to triangulate?

Never said anything about mixing idiot. Might wanna clean the cum outta your ears you hose beast.

Best description of my belief system? A Christian Taoist who studies Judaic Theology...

...You should have around 3 different theologies that you follow, because that way, it's easier to find God via triangulation (spiritually).

I also like what His Holiness The Dali Lama said once when asked how many different theologies there should be?

His response was to say that there should be as many religions as there are people on the face of this earth, because, we all understand God in a slightly different way than our neighbors, friends, and family.
n 1994 I met a dude named Jim who introduced me to Taoism, and that has been my basis for a belief system ever since....

Tell me again, how a pagan religion that was mixed with Christianity, can be anything OTHER than a lie?

say the exact same thing? So Toa says to mutilate your sons genitals and kill all non-jews? :lol:

Damn, you're fucking stupid

Apparently you've neither looked at Tao (not Toa), nor have you done any research into Judaism, because if you had, you would see that a lot of the concepts laid down by both are very close to each other.

It's in the concepts of how Taoists approach the Tao, and how Jews approach HaShem, as well as the understandings that both reach in how they approach Tao/HaShem.

A lot of the structure of Tao is built quite a bit like what Judaism is, but, like I said, unless you've spent time researching both, you'll never get it.

By the way..........I've never stated that I mix them, I've stated repeatedly however that I study all 3.

so first they said the exact same thing, then a lot of the concepts were very close, and now the approach of one is 'quite a bit like' the other?

you follow none of them. You use 'triangulation'

just keep digging

I'd be interested in seeing a Christian provide some sort of explanation or justification for these verses.
How about one of those Christians who has attempted to criticize Qur'anic passages that aren't nearly as deplorable as these? :eusa_whistle:

I was under the impression that the books of Moses were considered to be the Word of God in the Islamic faith. Not just the Qur'an.

Perhaps an explanation would be worthwhile, but, The Word of God requires no justification.

I'd be interested in seeing a Christian provide some sort of explanation or justification for these verses.
How about one of those Christians who has attempted to criticize Qur'anic passages that aren't nearly as deplorable as these? :eusa_whistle:

I was under the impression that the books of Moses were considered to be the Word of God in the Islamic faith. Not just the Qur'an.

Perhaps an explanation would be worthwhile, but, The Word of God requires no justification.

The Torah and the Gospels have been corrupted by man and, in their present form, are not legitimate sources of guidance for Muslims.

The Torah and the Gospels have been corrupted by man and, in their present form, are not legitimate sources of guidance for Muslims.

So, what is it that makes the Korn-Ham more legit than the Gospels or the Torah?

Remember.......the Korn-Ham is in no logical or chronological order, and oh yeah.......it states that God brought order out of chaos (remember......."In The Beginning"?), so my question is..........when God brought order out of chaos, what the fuck makes the IsLAME community think that it's a good thing to make chaos out of order?

Forum List

Back