Gohmert case RE Pence deciding on 2020 electors.. should be re-filed

justaschmuck9

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2022
more illogical judges..

I have been reading up on this issue of the electors and how much power Pence had or may have had and I am still a little confused.. but only a little. So I found this case that was filed (I believe) before Pence was faced with the decision of which slate of electors he would choose..

The judges are illogical because they said that Gohmert had no interest in the case or however they worded things..

WHAT?! He has no interest in who is president? He had no interest in preventing all the disasters we are now dealing with?

OK, the exact wording is here

(article from Newsmax)

U.S. District Judge Jeremy Kernodle on Friday dismissed the suit by Representative Louie Gohmert, ruling the Texas congressman hadn’t suffered a specific injury caused by any action of Pence and therefore didn’t have legal standing to sue.
:oops:

Here's a specific injury:

Bidum!

open borders
Americans dying of fentanyl poisoing from open borders
thousands drowning in the Rio Grande because of bidum
high gas prices
Americans left behind in AFG along with millions of dollars in military equipment

Those are some serious injuries!

Maybe the case ought to be re-filed since the Congressman has definitely (since then) "suffered a specific injury caused by... Pence"

and not only the Congressman but every other American (save the evil elites, maybe)

Last edited:
Yes, the case should be re-filed..

or as Trump said, there needs to be a do-over of the election..

It can be filed again because the reason for it not succeeding no longer exists, namely: Gohmert had "no standing" and had not suffered an injury

Now the case can be filed by ALL Americans (OK, not the libtards but they are outnumbered by the Trumpers).

We have all had quite a few "specific injuries"

more illogical judges..

I have been reading up on this issue of the electors and how much power Pence had or may have had and I am still a little confused.. but only a little. So I found this case that was filed (I believe) before Pence was faced with the decision of which slate of electors he would choose..

The judges are illogical because they said that Gohmert had no interest in the case or however they worded things..

WHAT?! He has no interest in who is president? He had no interest in preventing all the disasters we are now dealing with?

(article from Newsmax)

U.S. District Judge Jeremy Kernodle on Friday dismissed the suit by Representative Louie Gohmert, ruling the Texas congressman hadn’t suffered a specific injury caused by any action of Pence and therefore didn’t have legal standing to sue.

Bidum!

open borders
high gas prices
Americans left behind in AFG along with millions of dollars in military equipment

Maybe the case ought to be re-filed since the Congressman has definitely (since then) "suffered a specific injury caused by... Pence"

and not only the Congressman but every other American (save the evil elites, maybe)
You're a bit off track here. Under the Electoral Count Act, Pence (the VP) wasn't tasked with deciding which slate of competing electors to count. At best he had authority to send the decision back to the state ( and I believe only in the event of a stalemate 50/50 vote by the Senate), to then be voted upon by that state's legislature. This is not your fault, however, as the MSM (misinformation machine) would have you believe that Pence could have just snapped his fingers and declared Trump the victor, if he had ceded to pressure from the "insurrectionists." It's all part of the show.

You're a bit off track here. Under the Electoral Count Act, Pence (the VP) wasn't tasked with deciding which slate of competing electors to count. At best he had authority to send the decision back to the state ( and I believe only in the event of a stalemate 50/50 vote by the Senate), to then be voted upon by that state's legislature. This is not your fault, however, as the MSM (misinformation machine) would have you believe that Pence could have just snapped his fingers and declared Trump the victor, if he had ceded to pressure from the "insurrectionists." It's all part of the show.
I never believed P had the power to do as you say in your last sentence or 2..

But he could have sent the electors back and he should have.

Then I also heard tht he could have called for an audit of the election

Why can't that be done now (1st option listed here).. bc as stated, we all NOW have our specific injuries.. the whole damn country is falling apart (is what it feels like)

more illogical judges..

(article from Newsmax)

Bidum!

open borders
high gas prices

Gohmert the idiot child.

we all NOW have our specific injuries (even the dimrats are injured! high prices.. workers both D and R competing w/ more low-skilled or no-skilled people 4 jobs)

millions and millions of injuries..

I never believed P had the power to do as you say in your last sentence or 2..

But he could have sent the electors back and he should have.

Then I also heard tht he could have called for an audit of the election

Why can't that be done now (1st option listed here).. bc as stated, we all NOW have our specific injuries.. the whole damn country is falling apart (is what it feels like)
It's called the Washington D.C. Political Establishment my friend. Outsiders are not welcome. Never have been, never will be. The Establishment isn't going to lift a finger in aid of an outsider.

It's called the Washington D.C. Political Establishment my friend. Outsiders are not welcome. Never have been, never will be. The Establishment isn't going to lift a finger in aid of an outsider.
I know that.

What we can do about it is... something I don't really know.. I have some ideas but... who listens to a schmuck like me??

which goes back to your original point

sigh

more illogical judges..

(article from Newsmax)

Bidum!

open borders
high gas prices

and not only the Congressman but every other American (save the evil elites, mayb

Pence (or any other VP acting as President of the Senate) does NOT choose the slate of electors. Read your Constitution.

Wrong. you only heard that Pence had that authority from MAGA sources. The MSM consistently said Pence didn't have the authority to do that. Pence could have disrupted the process by making rulings that he did't have the authority to make. Thankfully, he did not do as trump demanded.

Forum List

Back