Golfer in Chief. Obama hits milestone

I like Ike

Eisenhower Golf - President Dwight Eisenhower and Golf

According to a Golf Digest article from 2008, Eisenhower played golf more than 800 times during his presidency.

And Ike's presidency wasn't a time of tranquillity in America or the world: The Civil Rights movement and Southern desegregation battles were under way; Castro came to power in Cuba; the French pulled out of Indochina in defeat and America began stepping up its own involvement in Vietnam; the Cold War between the United States and the Soviet Union was getting very chilly indeed.

And yet Eisenhower managed to spend more than 1,000 days of his presidency (according to Golf Digest's count) playing golf or involved in some other golf-related activity.

That is devotion to the game.

why yes, becasue the county was so screwed during the Eisenhower ....boy do you stretch shit...castro overthrew batista in very late 59, how many troops were in Vietnam in 59?and of course maybe Ike could do in a few days what it takes Obama months... ........:rolleyes:

Eisenhowers America was much worse than Obamas. In the 50s we just had 37,000 killed in Korea, we had Communists infiltrating government, Soviets ready to attack at any moment, terrorist attacks on our people, churches and schools, coloreds out of control....

How Eisenhower found 1000 days for golf is beyond me.

Ike's Economic Record is stellar. Your Dear Leader's is not. Apples & Oranges.

why yes, becasue the county was so screwed during the Eisenhower ....boy do you stretch shit...castro overthrew batista in very late 59, how many troops were in Vietnam in 59?and of course maybe Ike could do in a few days what it takes Obama months... ........:rolleyes:

Eisenhowers America was much worse than Obamas. In the 50s we just had 37,000 killed in Korea, we had Communists infiltrating government, Soviets ready to attack at any moment, terrorist attacks on our people, churches and schools, coloreds out of control....

I thought Eisenhower ended the Korean war not long after being in office?

Different issues.......different challenges

How can you justify Ike playing golf and not Obama?

He also had a fantastic Economy. He deserved his Golf. And Bush deserved it too when he had 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets. The Dem Wingnuts called that a 'Depression' for God's sake. And they absolutely crucified him for playing Golf. You can't trust these people. They lie. It's as simple as that.

He also had a fantastic Economy. He deserved his Golf. And Bush deserved it too when he had 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets. The Dem Wingnuts called that a 'Depression' for God's sake. And they absolutely crucified him for playing Golf. You can't trust these people. They lie. It's as simple as that.

What the Democrats called a "Depression" was the unemployment rate doubling, the stock market dropping from 14,000 to 6600, the financial sector collapsing, the auto industry in bankruptcy, negative GDP for five quarters

That is the Bush we know and love

Just making a call based on you guys and your constant bitchin & whinin about BOOOOSH playing Golf. 'How dare he play Golf while so many are suffering in such a terrible Economy!' That was your schtick the previous 8yrs. Ike had a fantastic Economy, he deserved to be cut some slack on playing Golf.

What the Democrats called a "Depression" was the unemployment rate doubling, the stock market dropping from 14,000 to 6600, the financial sector collapsing, the auto industry in bankruptcy, negative GDP for five quarters

Nah, you and Kerry called 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets a 'Depression.' I guess you forgot about that. But many of us haven't. ;)

o-golfing.gif

Just making a call based on you guys and your constant bitchin & whinin about BOOOOSH playing Golf. 'How dare he play Golf while so many are suffering in such a terrible Economy!' That was your schtick the previous 8yrs. Ike had a fantastic Economy, he deserved to be cut some slack on playing Golf.

Hate to tell ya.....but NOBODY complained about BUSH playing golf

You are welcome to prove me wrong, but we all know you can't

Nah, you and Kerry called 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets a 'Depression.' I guess you forgot about that. But many of us haven't. ;)

Prove it

Yeah, sure they didn't. Boy, your selective memory problem has gotten a lot worse. Next you'll be saying they didn't call his daughters 'Whores' either. SHEESH!

Yeah, sure they didn't. Boy, your selective memory problem has gotten a lot worse. Next you'll be saying they didn't call his daughters 'Whores' either. SHEESH!

You are welcome to prove me wrong...but as usual......you FAIL

Jenna Bush was called a whore for removing her panties in public and giving the world a beaver shot. What would you call it?

jenna-2.jpg

Who cares?

When the man has the chance to take a crap without having to worry about whether or not an aide is going to come pounding on the bathroom door, I might let it bother me. In the mean time, I will simply wish him well on the links.

It is not like he is really free to enjoy his recreational time.

Immie

100 rounds of golf in three and a half years comes out to around two rounds of golf a month. I can see why conservatives are outraged

Do the math - 100 rounds of golf at six hours per round (as he can't golf worth a shit) is FOUR MONTHS out of the office.

Next, factor in all of his vacations and add that to the four months...
and dont forget all his job tours oops I mean his tax funded campaigning or all those fund raisers. He has the most out of all president ever.. He has not been doing his job since labor day he has been campaigning !

Who cares?

When the man has the chance to take a crap without having to worry about whether or not an aide is going to come pounding on the bathroom door, I might let it bother me. In the mean time, I will simply wish him well on the links.

It is not like he is really free to enjoy his recreational time.

Immie

yes, but you're a thinking person.

can't say the same for the obama-deranged loons.

Forum List

Back