"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

There are some folks whose gun fetish is so firmly entrenched that I suspect that they have an orgasm every time they stroke it. Even suggesting that they leave their gun at home is equivalent of asking someone to give up sex. I doubt it if they could, even if they wanted to.
I honestly see no need to have a gun in public. I cant imagine how frightened someone must be to carry a gun. I remember the only time I wanted to carry a gun was growing up where I was constantly worried about being killed by the police or a gang banger.

accept for all the people who use them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered each year….it is nice that you have been safe all these years…but at least 2 million people a year are not as fortunate as you are and having a gun saved their lives…..

:lol:
You cited 2 examples from one state with regard to the operation of a car on private property.
Does not change the fact that:
You do not need a DL to buy a car.
You do not need a DL to own a car.
You do not need a DL to have a car on your property/in your house
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property, except under certain circumstances, in CT.
Which shot 2 holes in your argument.
Your exceptions nothing to my first three points and only only lessens the 4th to a situationally limited degree.
By the way, when you purchase a car from a Dealership in NYC or New Jersey, you are required to show your Drivers License.
Prove it.
Even if true, this means nothing because you can buy cars from somewhere other than an NY/NJ car dealer w/o doing so.

Prove what?

I purchased a car several years ago. They asked for my license before a test drive.

Additionally they needed to see it before I drove it home.

Are you really this stupid?
Every car or truck I have bought only needed a photo ID, not necessarily a DL. In fact once my wife had my DL at the time and so I used my Utah CCW that has a photo and my address etc. So I didn't have to show my VA DL.
So no, M14 shooter is not being stupid, it just that you are being presumptive about things in your area being universal.
Never mind that while she needed a DL to drive it, there's nothing in any of that that proves I need a DL to buy it for her.

Before you may legally drive (own) a car you must be trained not only in how to properly use it but in the rules of the road. Requiring some essential training does not prevent one from driving (owning) a car -- or carrying a gun. It just makes our crowded world safer.
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property.
Never mind that gun ownership is a right and driving on public roads is a privilege.
MOTOR VEHICLE VIOLATIONS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY
You cited 2 examples from one state with regard to the operation of a car on private property.
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property, except under certain circumstances, in CT.
You do need one to drive the car on public roads. Taking a gun out into the public is analogous to driving a car.

No, it's not….you have a right to protect yourself, you don't have a right to drive...

There are some folks whose gun fetish is so firmly entrenched that I suspect that they have an orgasm every time they stroke it. Even suggesting that they leave their gun at home is equivalent of asking someone to give up sex. I doubt it if they could, even if they wanted to.
I honestly see no need to have a gun in public. I cant imagine how frightened someone must be to carry a gun. I remember the only time I wanted to carry a gun was growing up where I was constantly worried about being killed by the police or a gang banger.

accept for all the people who use them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered each year….it is nice that you have been safe all these years…but at least 2 million people a year are not as fortunate as you are and having a gun saved their lives…..

Crime has gone down dramatically in this country.

Never mind that gun ownership is a right and driving on public roads is a privilege.
Your exceptions nothing to my first three points and only only lessens the 4th to a situationally limited degree.
By the way, when you purchase a car from a Dealership in NYC or New Jersey, you are required to show your Drivers License.
Prove it.
Even if true, this means nothing because you can buy cars from somewhere other than an NY/NJ car dealer w/o doing so.
You keep missing the point. Driving a car in public is the same as carrying a weapon in public. The only real difference is that the car was not invented with the sole purpose of killing something.

A gun was invented to keep the owner alive and safe from attack by man or animal…...

At least now? That number isn't even mathematically possible.

Like I said. Its utterly fear motivated and its "except" not "accept".

Last edited:
Before you may legally drive (own) a car you must be trained not only in how to properly use it but in the rules of the road. Requiring some essential training does not prevent one from driving (owning) a car -- or carrying a gun. It just makes our crowded world safer.
You do need one to drive the car on public roads. Taking a gun out into the public is analogous to driving a car.

No, it's not….you have a right to protect yourself, you don't have a right to drive...

No you don't.

The Constitution does not give you a right to protect yourself with a gun.

The right to gun ownership, as prescribed in the Constitution, is the right to defend the state.

Prove it.
You keep missing the point. Driving a car in public is the same as carrying a weapon in public. The only real difference is that the car was not invented with the sole purpose of killing something.

A gun was invented to keep the owner alive and safe from attack by man or animal…...
No.

Prove it.

And yet the owner is the most likely person to be killed by their gun....

Yes….as more Americans own and carry guns….12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense and the gun murder rate went down again in 2014 according to the FBI in their table 8…..

So more guns do not equal more crime…in fact they very likely equal less crime…..especially for the victim who uses one to stop their own rape, robbery or murder…...

Prove it.

No.

Uhhhhh….yes. And you can see this because most police and military never use their guns to shoot anyone…and yet they keep those police and soldiers safe, and they also keep the people the police and soldiers protect safe……without firing a shot….

And most self defense with a gun does not involve firing a shot….the attacker runs away or is captured….

Prove it.

Nope….that is a lie brain….but keep lying. There are over 320 million guns in private hands……in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths and in 2014, there were only 8,145 gun murders…so you are wrong….

Prove it.

No.

Uhhhhh….yes. And you can see this because most police and military never use their guns to shoot anyone…and yet they keep those police and soldiers safe, and they also keep the people the police and soldiers protect safe……without firing a shot….

And most self defense with a gun does not involve firing a shot….the attacker runs away or is captured….

Uh no. Police were not the first to use guns. People used guns in war to kill other people

Yes….as more Americans own and carry guns….12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense and the gun murder rate went down again in 2014 according to the FBI in their table 8…..

So more guns do not equal more crime…in fact they very likely equal less crime…..especially for the victim who uses one to stop their own rape, robbery or murder…...

Interesting I think you have a statement there that I won't really disagree with. Now I don't agree with very likely to equal less crime, but worded like it also may not isn't so bad.

Prove it.

Nope….that is a lie brain….but keep lying. There are over 320 million guns in private hands……in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths and in 2014, there were only 8,145 gun murders…so you are wrong….

And like 20k gun suicides a year. So no I am right.

Prove it.

No.

Uh no. Police were not the first to use guns. People used guns in war to kill other people

I didn't say that. I said that guns were invented to save the life of the user…and they don't have to even be fired to do that…….and guns save the lives of the soldiers who use them as well….please read these posts before you comment…..

Forum List

Back