"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

There are some folks whose gun fetish is so firmly entrenched that I suspect that they have an orgasm every time they stroke it. Even suggesting that they leave their gun at home is equivalent of asking someone to give up sex. I doubt it if they could, even if they wanted to.
I honestly see no need to have a gun in public. I cant imagine how frightened someone must be to carry a gun. I remember the only time I wanted to carry a gun was growing up where I was constantly worried about being killed by the police or a gang banger.

accept for all the people who use them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered each year….it is nice that you have been safe all these years…but at least 2 million people a year are not as fortunate as you are and having a gun saved their lives…..

Crime has gone down dramatically in this country.

Yes….as more Americans own and carry guns….12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense and the gun murder rate went down again in 2014 according to the FBI in their table 8…..

So more guns do not equal more crime…in fact they very likely equal less crime…..especially for the victim who uses one to stop their own rape, robbery or murder…...

There are 318 million people in the United States.

The number of people that actually own guns has been on the decline. However, they own MORE guns than before.

In any case? Civilian gun ownership has very little impact on crime.

Policing and the economy has the most impact on crime.

Your exceptions nothing to my first three points and only only lessens the 4th to a situationally limited degree.
Prove it.
Even if true, this means nothing because you can buy cars from somewhere other than an NY/NJ car dealer w/o doing so.
You keep missing the point. Driving a car in public is the same as carrying a weapon in public. The only real difference is that the car was not invented with the sole purpose of killing something.

A gun was invented to keep the owner alive and safe from attack by man or animal…...

And yet the owner is the most likely person to be killed by their gun....

Nope….that is a lie brain….but keep lying. There are over 320 million guns in private hands……in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths and in 2014, there were only 8,145 gun murders…so you are wrong….

And like 20k gun suicides a year. So no I am right.

320 million guns in private hands….

505 accidental gun deaths,

8,145 gun murders,

21,000 gun suicides……

320 million guns did not end up killing their owner…you are wrong.

:lol:
You cited 2 examples from one state with regard to the operation of a car on private property.
Does not change the fact that:
You do not need a DL to buy a car.
You do not need a DL to own a car.
You do not need a DL to have a car on your property/in your house
You do not need a DL to operate a car on private property, except under certain circumstances, in CT.
Which shot 2 holes in your argument.
Your exceptions nothing to my first three points and only only lessens the 4th to a situationally limited degree.
By the way, when you purchase a car from a Dealership in NYC or New Jersey, you are required to show your Drivers License.
Prove it.
Even if true, this means nothing because you can buy cars from somewhere other than an NY/NJ car dealer w/o doing so.
You keep missing the point. Driving a car in public is the same as carrying a weapon in public. The only real difference is that the car was not invented with the sole purpose of killing something.

A gun was invented to keep the owner alive and safe from attack by man or animal…...

The only reason I have read through this thread is because I am fascinated by liars like you and how persistent you are in spinning your bullshit.

What study are you citing for your lie here?

No.

Uhhhhh….yes. And you can see this because most police and military never use their guns to shoot anyone…and yet they keep those police and soldiers safe, and they also keep the people the police and soldiers protect safe……without firing a shot….

And most self defense with a gun does not involve firing a shot….the attacker runs away or is captured….

Uh no. Police were not the first to use guns. People used guns in war to kill other people

I didn't say that. I said that guns were invented to save the life of the user…and they don't have to even be fired to do that…….and guns save the lives of the soldiers who use them as well….please read these posts before you comment…..
Yes you did mention police to support your argument. Since they were not the first to use guns your use of the police was corrected. Guns saved the lives of soldiers buy killing other soldiers. No matter how you put it or try to pretty it up guns were invented to kill and or maim. Thats why bigger and more efficient guns are created and more damaging ammunition is continually developed..

Nope….that is a lie brain….but keep lying. There are over 320 million guns in private hands……in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths and in 2014, there were only 8,145 gun murders…so you are wrong….

8,145 gun murders,

21,000 gun suicides……

21,500 guns kill the owners each year. Who is getting shot and killed more than that? Again the most likely person to be shot and killed is the owner.

There are some folks whose gun fetish is so firmly entrenched that I suspect that they have an orgasm every time they stroke it. Even suggesting that they leave their gun at home is equivalent of asking someone to give up sex. I doubt it if they could, even if they wanted to.
I honestly see no need to have a gun in public. I cant imagine how frightened someone must be to carry a gun. I remember the only time I wanted to carry a gun was growing up where I was constantly worried about being killed by the police or a gang banger.

accept for all the people who use them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered each year….it is nice that you have been safe all these years…but at least 2 million people a year are not as fortunate as you are and having a gun saved their lives…..

Yes….as more Americans own and carry guns….12.8 million people now carry guns for self defense and the gun murder rate went down again in 2014 according to the FBI in their table 8…..

So more guns do not equal more crime…in fact they very likely equal less crime…..especially for the victim who uses one to stop their own rape, robbery or murder…...

The number of people that actually own guns has been on the decline. However, they own MORE guns than before.

No, you are wrong…the General Social Survey is done by an anti gunner…..who has stated he hoped his work would help push politicians to pass more gun control…it is also a phone poll…..so it is a stranger, asking a gun owner, over the phone…if they have guns in their home…….

Are you dumb enough to tell a stranger wether you have a gun in your home….? And that is why the numbers for that survey are smaller than other surveys…and other surveys show a slight increase in ownership.

Civilian gun ownership stops violent crime on average 2 million times a year.

And when the police are not around ….it is on you to save your own life…..

And it is going back up again in cities with Democrat mayors like New York, Baltimore and Chicago.

Which shot 2 holes in your argument.
By the way, when you purchase a car from a Dealership in NYC or New Jersey, you are required to show your Drivers License.
Prove it.

The only reason I have read through this thread is because I am fascinated by liars like you and how persistent you are in spinning your bullshit.

Look at who is killed by firearms each year. By far it is the owner.

8,145 gun murders,

21,000 gun suicides……

21,500 guns kill the owners each year. Who is getting shot and killed more than that? Again the most likely person to be shot and killed is the owner.

320 million guns in private hands……not even close. And of course suicide does not count…..other methods are used…

And in fact…gun suicide is down 5% while other methods have increased 19%.

Prove it.

Prove it, liar.

No, you are wrong…the General Social Survey is done by an anti gunner…..who has stated he hoped his work would help push politicians to pass more gun control…it is also a phone poll…..so it is a stranger, asking a gun owner, over the phone…if they have guns in their home…….

Are you dumb enough to tell a stranger wether you have a gun in your home….? And that is why the numbers for that survey are smaller than other surveys…and other surveys show a slight increase in ownership.

Civilian gun ownership stops violent crime on average 2 million times a year.

And when the police are not around ….it is on you to save your own life…..
2 million isn't even mathematically possible.

The right to gun ownership, as prescribed in the Constitution, is the right to defend the state.
This is a lie.
Okay.
Find the clause in the Constitution that specifically states that gun ownership by a private citizen is specifically for self defense.
Or apologize.
You first.
Prove that The right to gun ownership is the right to defend the state.
When doing so, remember that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home

Prove it.

How many of those 20k suicides owned the gun that they used? You have no idea I bet and you still have not cited the source of your bullshit.

Prove it, liar.

Are you an idiot?
20k suicides
8.5k homicides
500 accidental
230 criminals killed in defense

Over 20k times each year the gun is used to kill owner. Nobody else is being killed more.

8,145 gun murders,

21,000 gun suicides……

Where are you getting these stats from?

Additionally, the NRA closed down accurate counting of gun deaths.

Quietly, Congress extends a ban on CDC research on gun violence

The HOUSTON POLICE, said the shooter was attempting to stop a car jacking.
Got it?
That's from the HOUSTON POLICE.
Meaningless - the fact that he shot at two guys trying to carjack a truck does not, in and of itself, necessitate any intent whatsoever.
Thus: there's no evidence whatsoever that the shooter was "a good guy with a gun".
Right. He didn't 'intend' to be a stupid jackass who nearly kills the victim of a car jacking by trying to 'help.'

Forum List

Back